Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Surprising Z06 News From Harlan Today in the Corvette Today Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprising Z06 News From Harlan Today in the Corvette Today Show

Summary per Harlan is that we are looking into the possibility of future chassis calibration to allow for a someone without the Z07 package to order carbon fiber wheels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0A09F2D8-DA98-48AE-9660-492BD21A1464.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.6 KB ID:	397533

For those who are wanting the full context..

Originally posted by Harlan
    If you go for the Z07 package you can add the carbon fiber wheels for the ultimate track car.

For right now the carbon fiber wheels are for the Z07 only, but so many people are asking for those wheels (being standard Z06 available), we are looking into at some point in the future looking at a chassis calibration without Z06 if some people want.
    Today’s entire Corvette Today interview with Harlan is here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...te-today-extra
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I think thats a reasonable change for Z06 buyers. The wheels probably won't be available as an accessory at the dealership either. I understand the benefits of them, but I'm not particularly impressed with the styling. They might have to be styled that way to produce the strength they need. Besides, once they're spinning, who cares what they look like!!

Comment

We can therefore assume Jetdriver, not in your plans.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hear the entire show or watch on YouTube at www.CorvetteToday.com

HOST-CORVETTE TODAY Podcast

Listen to CORVETTE TODAY here!

Get CORVETTE TODAY emails here.

CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group!

NEW!!! Now watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube!

NEW!!! Visit the CORVETTE TODAY merchandise store!

Comment

Good news! By not making the the $17,500-19,500 Z07 package (Z07 + aero) mandatory, the $10-12k carbon fiber wheels become an even better value given what they are.

Comment

Yes but a couple of cautions please for we did not hear Harlan address when this change could be occurring nor did he say that if one gets the full aero package that the CCB requirement would be removed. For my standard Z06, when I look up the T0F/T0G complete aero packages it still staff one still required, per the Official Z06 Order Guide, to get the CCB’s.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Yes but a couple of cautions please for we did not hear Harlan address when this change could be occurring nor did he say that if one gets the full aero package that the CCB requirement would be removed. For my standard Z06, when I look up the T0F/T0G complete aero packages it still staff one still required, per the Official Z06 Order Guide, to get the CCB’s.
              Understood that nothing is confirmed, I was just commenting that it’s good news this is being considered. Even if they do go this route, it’s very possible, and in my opinion likely, that optional CCB’s would be required to get the wheels so that the calibration remains the same. Still… a lot of value there if they allow this configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                We can therefore assume Jetdriver, not in your plans.
                Correctamundo oh wise one. But for those interested, I'm behind you 100%.

Comment

I would consider them but the styling is pretty bland compared to the standard wheel IMO. Easy to clean but a very basic shape to the rim vs the standard wheel

Comment

If there was a huge difference in road noise, I would consider the carbon fiber wheels. The improved ride, traction over bumps, and steering response would be an added bonus.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X