Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

LT6 Factoids & Videos

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT6 Factoids & Videos

The old record for HP for a NA V8 was 622 by a Mercedes Benz Black Series 6.3L motor. Thanks GM Powertrain Engineers for smashing that with 670 HP, yet our LT6 being 15% lesser displacement.

Birdie chirping: We are going to going to tons learn more about the LT6 from GM down the road, e.g., boatloads more than just its fuel economy numbers…. Stay tuned.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C3BC53A6-6CEB-4FDB-BA7F-6F310BD09AE0.jpg Views:	7 Size:	237.5 KB ID:	346318 Thanks to Driving For Content (from below video).

*The LT6 produces 2.0 HP/cubic inch of displacement or 121.8 HP per liter; the LT2 produces 79.8 HP per liter.
    Anyone still doubt the LT6 will have a GG tax?

*Fuel cut off is at 8,400 RPM; whereas redline is 8,600 RPM.

* Still the traditional GM 4.4” cyclinder bore spacing we have on our LT2, but the LT6 has a very short 3.15” piston skirt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	721E9870-FB46-4F4D-A128-4A191C7BA42C.jpg Views:	6 Size:	284.4 KB ID:	346317

Best LT6 Videos:

Want to better understand how the LT6 works, here are our best videos we currently have on its components.

Dustin Gardiner Interview by Jeremy Welborn:

Jason Fenske of Engineering Explained:

Scoggin-Dyckey (no narration; best understood after setting YT to slowest playback speed):

Driving4Answers:

Driving For Content:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3DA201FC-7229-4954-BC5C-16199DCC1475.jpg Views:	6 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	346319 Click image for larger version  Name:	D6065EDE-7CF2-4603-9203-7DCEB233C2F2.jpg Views:	6 Size:	316.7 KB ID:	346320
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Great Info John - I think every new ZO6 owner should watch Dustin's video to appreciate what they are getting... very impressive. This car is a game changer.

Comment

Yes. I think my re-watching that video last night was about my ten time. I sure did not know what “DLC” meant the first time heard Dustin say those words while I was standing off camera during Jeremy’s great interview. And DLC was not the only new words/phrases to me (laughing at myself).
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Too bad we can not speed up time to now learn what we will later learn from GM about the Z06 later. Common’ birdies.

Comment

This motor is an engineering marvel. They put all the "good stuff" in that motor. It is race car technology for the streets. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Yes. I think my re-watching that video last night was about my ten time. I sure did not know what “DLC” meant the first time heard Dustin say those words while I was standing off camera during Jeremy’s great interview. And DLC was not the only new words/phrases to me (laughing at myself).
            I was there during Dustin's presentation and a lot of technical info was way over my head .... glad able to review more in details about this great engine : main reason for Z06 !
            Delivered 2/2021, HTC, (GPH) Red Mist, (EFY) Exterior Trim Accents, Body Color, (HTN) Natural, (AH2) GT2 seat, (TU7)Seats, Two Tone, (FA5) Carbon Fiber Interior, (Q8P) Silver painted wheels, Z51 package, (E60) Front Lift, (FE4) Magnetic Suspension, (STI) Rocker extension, (VQK) Splash guards, (ERI) Battery package,

Comment

Dmt3, it was a pleasure meeting you that wonderful day. I am thinking GM has more Z06 secrets ahead to share in not just the LT6 area.

GM, please we love technical information! Please share more with us.

Comment

Thanks for sharing such a great thread. Study material for the pop quiz next week!!

Comment

One more LT6 fact that while we have heard before, yet every time I hear it always strikes me, and that is even though the LT6 develops 175 more horses, it is just one kilogram heavier than the LT2.

As we know that producing power is directly proportional how much air and fuel can be introduce into the combustion chambers, minus parasitic and other efficiency impairments, the LT6 has got to have a strong appetite for gasoline.

However based on past new Corvette engine information sharing timetable history, we might well not learn those fuel ”economy” numbers until as late as last spring. Thus those who are getting first round and perhaps even second round allocations could will be ordering (committing) to their Z06 without knowing its fuel usage (and therefore also not knowing the amount of its GG tax.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    One more LT6 fact that while we have heard before, yet every time I hear it always strikes me, and that is even though the LT6 develops 175 more horses, it is just one kilogram heavier than the LT2.

As we know that producing power is directly proportional how much air and fuel can be introduce into the combustion chambers, minus parasitic and other efficiency impairments, the LT6 has got to have a strong appetite for gasoline.

However based on past new Corvette engine information sharing timetable history, we might well not learn those fuel ”economy” numbers until as late as last spring. Thus those who are getting first round and perhaps even second round allocations could will be ordering (committing) to their Z06 without knowing its fuel usage (and therefore also not knowing the amount of its GG tax.
                    I’m okay with that! 👍😎🤪
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Great info as always... Grazie John!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X