Views:	187
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	327632 Click image for larger version

Name:	DC629040-E888-4AF2-AA98-9D252B22FE14.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	327633
    Originally posted by John View Post
    I am seriously considering the visible carbon fiber rims. Their top ten clean-ability rating speaks to us (less spokes to clean equals more driving time). Pricing however will be the determinant for we really like the forged spider ones too. And we have yet to see aftermarkets. Nice we are going to have three good categories of choices
    Darren at MMR is fast working on some good alternatives.

Comment

Pictures of 8 Z06 OEM wheels thanks to GMa.

Originally posted by GMA
      Overall, a total of eight options are available as far 2023 Corvette Z06 wheels are concerned. Six of these eight are represented by different finishes for the standard double seven-spoke “spider” wheel design. Of these six, four are factory-installed wheels while two are classified as accessory wheels.

The remaining two wheel options are represented by one five-spoke carbon fiber wheel design in two finishes – exposed or painted carbon fiber. Both of the carbon fiber wheels are offered as add-ons on models with the performance-enhancing Z07 Performance Package.
      Titanium Machine Face (standard) Spider WheelTitanium Satin Spider WheelBlack Spider WheelTitanium Satin Graphite Spider WheelGraphite with Red Stripe Spider Wheel
      Tech Bronze Spider WheelExposed Carbon Fiber Wheel
      Thanks GMA!

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11...te-z06-wheels/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Z06 CF wheels only on the Z07 as was just confirmed buy a top Corvette team person — just as Harlan told us in today’s Corvette Nation podcast. True of both the painted and the visible carbon fiber wheels.

To summarize: On the standard Z06 you have the following four forged spider wheels, the two carbon fiber wheels only available if you choose the Z07 Track Performance Package, and additionally the two LPO accessory wheels to choose from. We remember that when the C8 first came out, the accessory black trident wheels gave you a second set (in addition to the silver ones your car rolled off the line with) though with an additional $2,600 extra charge for that second set. We expect the bronze and the graphite with the perimeter red stripe are also going to be priced in that ballpark and also be a second, extra set.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DB1AC09B-6DFC-496E-A2D3-05CF7A63EFC6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	332796
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Z06 CF wheels only on the Z07 as was just confirmed buy a top Corvette team person — just as Harlan told us in today’s Corvette Nation podcast. True of both the painted and the visible carbon fiber wheels.

To summarize: On the standard Z06 you have the following four forged spider wheels, the two carbon fiber wheels only available if you choose the Z07 Track Performance Package, and additionally the two LPO accessory wheels to choose from. We remember that when the C8 first came out, the accessory black trident wheels gave you a second set (in addition to the silver ones your car rolled off the line with) though with an additional $2,600 extra charge for that second set. We expect the bronze and the graphite with the perimeter red stripe are also going to be priced in that ballpark and also be a second, extra set.

Click image for larger version Name:	DB1AC09B-6DFC-496E-A2D3-05CF7A63EFC6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	332796
          Well, this is certainly enlightening! I guess I missed the not so fine print on the "Accessory Wheels" as I had chosen the Z06 Tech Bronze as my primary choice.... Dang! Because of the Pilot Sport Cup 2R only option with the Z07 pkg. I was already planning on ordering a set of Finspeed EVO's for the street in addition the the Tech Bronze wheels. So this changes up the scenario completely, considering the "Accessory" status on the wheel of my choice... So it's now looking like I'll be ordering whatever comes standard at no extra cost with the Cup 2R tires and then having to decide between the cost of the Tech Bronze wheels and the Finspeed's. The Finspeed's run right around $10k with tires mounted and balanced, so it's going to have a lot to do with the cost of this "Accessory Wheel Option."

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post

Well, this is certainly enlightening! I guess I missed the not so fine print on the "Accessory Wheels" as I had chosen the Z06 Tech Bronze as my primary choice.... Dang! Because of the Pilot Sport Cup 2R only option with the Z07 pkg. I was already planning on ordering a set of Finspeed EVO's for the street in addition the the Tech Bronze wheels. So this changes up the scenario completely, considering the "Accessory" status on the wheel of my choice... So it's now looking like I'll be ordering whatever comes standard at no extra cost with the Cup 2R tires and then having to decide between the cost of the Tech Bronze wheels and the Finspeed's. The Finspeed's run right around $10k with tires mounted and balanced, so it's going to have a lot to do with the cost of this "Accessory Wheel Option."
            You are not required to purchase the Cup 2's on the Z07 package. If you are choosing the Z07 package and the Carbon Fiber wheels you do have to take the Cup's.
            Last edited by 455SDguy; 11-23-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

You are not required to purchase the Cup 2's on the Z07 package. If you are choosing the Z07 package and the Carbon Fiber wheels do you have to take the Cup's.
              Call me "Old School," but by all indications I've seen, particularly considering the problems Ford encountered with the CF wheels, I'll pass on that one. So, in answer to your question, "Yes" you have to take the Cup 2R tires. Although I may track the car now and then, that isn't going to be the primary purpose. If it was going to be a tracked only, that'd be an entirely different story. There's times when sacrificing weight in certain areas can spare one from a whole lot of grief later.

According to all indications I've heard so far, there's no choice of tire when opting for the Z07 package. They simply come with the Cup 2R's and that's it. If I'm wrong about that, please by all means enlighten me. I'm all eyes and ears. This is why I've been considering two completely different set of wheels and tires this entire time.

Comment

Call me "Old School," but by all indications I've seen, particularly considering the problems Ford encountered with the CF wheels, I'll pass on that one. So, in answer to your question, "Yes" you have to take the Cup 2R tires. Although I may track the car now and then, that isn't going to be the primary purpose. If it was going to be a tracked only, that'd be an entirely different story. There's times when sacrificing weight in certain areas can spare one from a whole lot of grief later.

According to all indications I've heard so far, there's no choice of tire when opting for the Z07 package. They simply come with the Cup 2R's and that's it. If I'm wrong about that, please by all means enlighten me. I'm all eyes and ears. This is why I've been considering two completely different set of wheels and tires this entire time.
                I by mistake in my reply implied a question and then went back and corrected my mistake. But yes I was at the reveal with John and others and we spoke about the wheel options then and still do becuase we have heard quite a few different versions from some of the interviews of what you can and can't order wheel wise. I love the CF wheels but I am sure they are going to be way out of my budget. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

I by mistake in my reply implied a question and then went back and corrected my mistake. But yes I was at the reveal with John and others and we spoke about the wheel options then and still do becuase we have heard quite a few different versions from some of the interviews of what you can and can't order wheel wise. I love the CF wheels but I am sure they are going to be way out of my budget. Thanks for replying.

Yeah, about that..... I mean the budget thing 🙂.... Besides the bad rap these CF wheels have taken, I'd be remiss in not pointing out the premium price they come at isn't being considered as well. So far, I've been hearing a potential price of $10k-$13k, which BTW is based on "speculation" at this time. For my purposes, they just aren't worth it, but that's just my personal opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love exposed carbon fiber sprinkled all about 🙂, but there's a difference between function and aesthetically pleasing...

Comment

Yeah, about that..... I mean the budget thing 🙂.... Besides the bad rap these CF wheels have taken, I'd be remiss in not pointing out the premium price they come at isn't being considered as well. So far, I've been hearing a potential price of $10k-$13k, which BTW is based on "speculation" at this time. For my purposes, they just aren't worth it, but that's just my personal opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love exposed carbon fiber sprinkled all about 🙂, but there's a difference between function and aesthetically pleasing...
                    Yes price drives the bus for most folks. The Chevy team may have a surprise for us on the price but the "spider" wheels will do me just fine for now.

Comment

GM’s wheel specs for the Z06’s carbon fiber wheels ran pages and pages and pages and pages. Way more and to a much high standard than the Mustang specs for the car bin fiber wheels they bought from Carbon Revolution, CR stated when the first learned about the GM specs, “not sure we can meet them for they are so rigorous.” But with GM engineers working with them for literally years, they met or exceeded every one. For example the inside bead is is about 3/4” in diameter, meets 30G impact standards, etc.

Yes you are correct in your second paragraph that there is no tire choice with the z07. All are only Pilot Cup2 R’s.

Two sets of wheels and tires will be the perfect decision for some.

Comment

We are all looking forward to learning pricing.. The past pricing for an LPO accessory set of 4 was $2,800 for the accessory wheels — though they are smaller in both diameter and width. LPO wheels are an additional, second set of 4 wheels (not a substitute set of 4).

Comment

We are all looking forward to learning pricing.. The past pricing for an LPO accessory set of 4 was $2,800 for the accessory wheels — though they are smaller in both diameter and width. LPO wheels are an additional, second set of 4 wheels (not a substitute set of 4).
                          I think there'll be a higher LPO price delta because the 'spider' wheels are "forged"......and if they are FULLY forged then even higher......

Comment

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post

I think there'll be a higher LPO price delta because the 'spider' wheels are "forged"......and if they are FULLY forged then even higher......
                            Yeah, based on our experience in the past with the "Cast Aluminum Wheels," I was relieved to hear the new wheels for the Z06 are going to be "Forged." But even taking that into consideration Corvette hasn't been having that great of an experience with their wheel vendor lately, which is based on the QC holds taking place right now with the C8 SR. Granted those are cast wheels, but it's still something to consider.... Personally am trying to decide between going with one of the LPO Accessory wheels, or going aftermarket. I'm not familiar with the term "Forged" and "Fully Forged" which scares the heck out of me. In fact, I'd like to get some clarification on that from Corvette if possible... If these forged wheels aren't really forged, then my decision to go aftermarket is made up... Just sayin.....

Comment

The Z06’s aluminum spider wheels have “FORGED” engraved in them.

Yes there were some whose C7 Z06 and GS wheels cracked but that was a very small percentage of the total wheels out there. But before one goes aftermarket would it be a good idea to confirm that where you are going are also really forged wheels?

The C8 wheels, for GM learns from the past, were significantly beefed up on their inner barrel edge. Since then have we yet heard of a C8 Stingray wheels, which we know are not forged, having a wheel cracking issue?

As to the current issue we have yet to identify that the current QCH hold at BGA exceeded 25 Stingrays due to the wheel issue — and may well have been less than that. As to porosity which we know is a current proble,m not one person has experience more than an inconvenience form their porous wheels, e.g. not one wheel has cracked, broken, crumbled and/or most importantly left someone high and dry.

Dyno, just suggesting IMO that the C8 wheel problem is a) less than you are thinking it is, and/or b) might be fully resolved with factory C8 Z06 forged wheels. If you are wanting to get aftermarket wheels because of looks, GO FOR IT! There are many beautiful ones our MECF vendors offer!

Comment

The Z06’s aluminum spider wheels have “FORGED” engraved in them.

Yes there were some whose C7 Z06 and GS wheels cracked but that was a very small percentage of the total wheels out there. But before one goes aftermarket would it be a good idea to confirm that where you are going are also really forged wheels?

The C8 wheels, for GM learns from the past, were significantly beefed up on their inner barrel edge. Since then have we yet heard of a C8 Stingray wheels, which we know are not forged, having a wheel cracking issue?

As to the current issue we have yet to identify that the current QCH hold at BGA exceeded 25 Stingrays due to the wheel issue — and may well have been less than that. As to porosity which we know is a current proble,m not one person has experience more than an inconvenience form their porous wheels, e.g. not one wheel has cracked, broken, crumbled and/or most importantlyly left someone high and dry.

Dyno, just suggesting IMO that the C8 wheel problem is a) a lot less than you are thinking it is, and/or b) might be fully resolved with factory C8 Z06 forged wheels. If you are wanting to get aftermarket wheels because of looks, GO FOR IT! There are many beautiful ones our MECF vendors offer!
                                Thank you for responding John. I've had Finspeed Custom Wheels in mind this entire time and have been planning on a wheel color (Gronze) I never imagined I'd ever entertain in my lifetime. However, they may look great on a new Red Mist Z07 which is why the Z06 Tech Bronze LPO wheels caught my eye. However, if the cost factor for those LPO Z06 Tech Bronze wheels being forged begin to approach the price of the Finspeed's, then all bets are off...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X