MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

WELCOME MRR Wheels As Our Forum Featured Wheel Vendor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MidLife
    replied
    Isn't that the truth!!! Trying to pick the perfect wheel for your car! That was more difficult than picking options on our car! So many choices and colors to choose from 🤯.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    i just love it that most of us have different views about what constitutes the perfect wheel for our C8’s. If only I could store 40 different wheels and have someone change them depending on where/what I was doing that day —. for so many look good to me.

Including this chrome one...

Click image for larger version  Name:	3E74B3F0-92A2-401E-A511-434BB05A0EDA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	145.9 KB ID:	209938

Leave a comment:

• Msmall
    replied
    same question here. Is this stock suspension height or has this been lowered

Originally posted by gthal View Post
    Put the SS1.1 on today. Matte black. Perfect... I mean perfect... fitment. I hate any poke. None. Perfectly flush. Really like increased rear concavity. Maybe a placebo but the car feels different (better!) driving too too... +/- 6lbs a corner isn't insignificant in unsprung weight! Next up... lowering it.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3774 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	414.5 KB ID:	156453Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3773 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	754.2 KB ID:	156456Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3772 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	561.7 KB ID:	156454Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3759 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	389.1 KB ID:	156451

Leave a comment:

• Msmall
    replied
    Originally posted by DarrenMRRWheels View Post
    Here's hotness. FGX 19/20 Perfect fit. email me if you are ready.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgx orange c8 2.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	153197Click image for larger version

Name:	fgx orange c8.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	153198
    Do we know if this car is lowered or stock?

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    No sir, no defense. I just want to be clear for others. Im just doing my job the best I can and trying to make the C8 great with a quality product. We already have set ourselves apart and we proudly sponsor and support the MECF.
    Let me know when you are ready for a set of NES wheels. Ill be here

Ill continue forward.

Edited photo of the 20/21 F10 in an A-03 Brushed with tint. I believe these are going on a Torch red C8. Good stuff

Click image for larger version

Name:	F10_FULL_POLISHED_BRUSHED_TINT_CLEAR_BK_1024PX.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	208928

Thank you
    Darren

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CZS
    replied
    CZS .....Everything is fine. We have Zero issues. I promise you wont get a "soft" wheel.

Honestly, this concerns me as I do my best on this forum and try to methodically answer all questions and concerns the best I can.

You wrote:

"Thanks again for the responses and, no, I don't currently have an order placed with you. Right now there seems to be a lot of wheel manufacturers offering overseas forgings at discount prices that are being finished 'on demand' with very little consideration of what affect the 400-450 degree bake will have on their alloy"

Where is that information from? What specific wheel manufacturers are you speaking of ? Are you referring to "Hybrid" or flow form product? Im very transparent and try my best to explain our manufacturing and finishing processes without fluff, smoke and mirrors. I cannot come into a valued Corvette forum and sling junk, nor would I. My integrity alone prevents that.

Thank you and respect
    Darren
    Darren,

I haven't slandered you or your company in any way but, if I'm being frank, you seem to be getting quite defense at what I feel are/were legitimate questions about your process. To be honest, I thought I was giving you a chance to set yourself apart from other manufacturers (I won't be naming names here, but since your in the industry I'm sure you can think of a few off the top of your head) by conveying an appreciation and understanding of the process necessary to deliver a quality wheel. For example, here's how transparent HRE is with explaining to customers their own process (at 11:20 they even address baked on finishing's effect on heat treatment). Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not trying to insinuate that your product is substandard in any way, merely giving you an opportunity to address legitimate questions about how your wheels are made. If you don't want to take that opportunity, so be it.

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    CZS .....Everything is fine. We have Zero issues. I promise you wont get a "soft" wheel.

Honestly, this concerns me as I do my best on this forum and try to methodically answer all questions and concerns the best I can.

You wrote:

"Thanks again for the responses and, no, I don't currently have an order placed with you. Right now there seems to be a lot of wheel manufacturers offering overseas forgings at discount prices that are being finished 'on demand' with very little consideration of what affect the 400-450 degree bake will have on their alloy"

Where is that information from? What specific wheel manufacturers are you speaking of ? Are you referring to "Hybrid" or flow form product? Im very transparent and try my best to explain our manufacturing and finishing processes without fluff, smoke and mirrors. I cannot come into a valued Corvette forum and sling junk, nor would I. My integrity alone prevents that.

Thank you and respect
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• CZS
    replied
    I can brush and charcoal at the factory or at our warehouse in California.
    The Forging doesnt get machined, heat treated, prepped and powdercoated in the same step. Its a process.
    Every wheel or Forging is painted or powder coated after the machining process. Do you have an order already in with me.?
    We have the same/similar start to finish as other wheel manufacturers.
    Thanks
    Darren
    DarrenMRRWheels ,

Thanks again for the responses and, no, I don't currently have an order placed with you. Right now there seems to be a lot of wheel manufacturers offering overseas forgings at discount prices that are being finished 'on demand' with very little consideration of what affect the 400-450 degree bake will have on their alloy. To be clear, there's nothing inherently wrong with powder coating a wheel, forged or otherwise, provided the bake time is figured in to the annealing/aging process. However, I personally wouldn't be comfortable refinishing a wheel with powder coat for the reasons I just described. If the wheel is going on your wife's SUV it's likely not an issue, but if it's going on a high performance car that sees track time or even aggressive street driving (potholes, anyone?), you're asking for trouble in the form of a soft wheel. I am naturally very intrigued by the value in your forged offerings, but wanted to ensure that I fully understood your process.

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    Agreed. They decided to name the A03 black chrome for NES line. There is a process we won't offer that is a PVD called black chrome. I don't sell anything that will warrant a warranty call We have a two year warranty on our finishes.
    D
    Last edited by DarrenMRRWheels; 11-17-2020, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Msmall
    replied
    Msmall, please send me an email and Ill get you a quote delivered. Sorry, no chrome finish available. Polished or powdercoated. Its against the law to chrome plate a Forged wheel.
    [email protected]

I can help you
    Darren
    you have black chrome listed on your color options....
    email sent

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    I can brush and charcoal at the factory or at our warehouse in California.
    The Forging doesnt get machined, heat treated, prepped and powdercoated in the same step. Its a process.
    Every wheel or Forging is painted or powder coated after the machining process. Do you have an order already in with me.?
    We have the same/similar start to finish as other wheel manufacturers.
    Thanks
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• CZS
    replied
    Thanks. The fiinish chosen by the customer determines if we have the finish done at the factory or we do the finish inhouse..... It completely depends on the situation. Sometimes we will machine the wheels at our warehouse. The brushed finish is quickest at our factory.
    Darren
    Ok, so for a specific example: If I ordered a set of the NES SS 1.1 in a brushed transparent charcoal, they're brushed and powder coated inhouse? How are you able to ensure there's no annealing issues with the powdercoat when they arrive already cured/forged?

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    Thanks. The fiinish chosen by the customer determines if we have the finish done at the factory or we do the finish inhouse..... It completely depends on the situation. Sometimes we will machine the wheels at our warehouse. The brushed finish is quickest at our factory.
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• CZS
    replied
    DarrenMRRWheels,

With regards to the MRR and NES forged series, are they finished here or overseas? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that these wheels are forged and milled overseas and finished here. Just concerned about powder coating a forged wheel unless the curing/baking time for the finish was a designed part of the aging/annealing process of the forging. This can obviously be done correctly/safely, but I'm curious how MRR/NES handles it.

Leave a comment:

• DarrenMRRWheels
    replied
    Msmall, please send me an email and Ill get you a quote delivered. Sorry, no chrome finish available. Polished or powdercoated. Its against the law to chrome plate a Forged wheel.
    [email protected]

I can help you
    Darren

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X