MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Hennessey Performance Details Plans to Offer a 1200-HP C8 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hennessey Performance Details Plans to Offer a 1200-HP C8 Corvette

Click image for larger version  Name:	120319_9b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	93713

HENNESSEY WILL OFFER UP TO 1200 HP FOR 2020 C8 CORVETTE
    From mild to wild, Texas tuning powerhouse has big plans for America’s sports car

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehi...2/corvette/c8/

Sealy, Texas (December 3, 2019)—The Team from Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has big plans for the 2020 C8 Corvette. HPE will offer up to 1200 hp for the new mid-engine Corvette with a specially designed twin turbo system that will include a specially built LT2 V8 engine with upgraded engine internals including forged aluminum pistons (10.0:1 compression ratio) and forged steel connecting rods. The HPE1200 Twin Turbo C8 Corvette will also incorporate an upgraded and fortified factory dual clutch transmission.

The company also plans to offer its signature CarbonAero carbon fiber body upgrades including front splitter and airdam and rear carbon fiber wing. HPE also plans to offer a full Brembo brake system upgrade along with an adjustable Penske suspension as well as wheel and tire upgrades.

“We expect the new C8 Corvette to be an excellent platform from which our clients can further personalize their cars, which obviously includes adding more power and performance,” said company founder and chief horsepower evangelist, John Hennessey. “Over the past several months we have had hundreds of inquiries from C8 buyers wanting to know what we will be offering for the new Corvette. Thus, we created an online questionnaire and have received over 250 completed forms and getting more every day. The customers are telling us what they want and big surprise – they want more power!”

Enthusiasts and buyers can fill out the Hennessey C8 Corvette questionnaire below.

HPE plans to initially offer a stainless-steel exhaust system upgrade for improved sound and a slight power increase. Hennessey will also offer a supercharger system upgrade for up to 700 hp and will begin offering this system once computer tuning becomes available for the new C8 engine platform.

“We are very excited about the new C8 Corvette and have big plans for it,” said Hennessey. “From mild to wild, we plan to offer a wide variety of track tested parts and upgrades that come with a warranty. We’ve modified over 500 C7 Corvettes since 2013 and expect to upgrade many more C8 Corvettes starting in 2020!”

Click image for larger version  Name:	120319_10b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	93714
    Click image for larger version  Name:	120319_11b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	93715Click image for larger version  Name:	120319_12b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	93716

Thank you CorvetteBlogger. Good info for some. I personally would only do any performance upgrades from Lingenfelter, Katech and Calloway.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hennessey Performance Details Plans to Offer a 1200-HP C8 Corvette

No thanks. 495-HP is more than enough for me. I like seeing and hearing those kinda mods around here during the summer cruisin events.

Comment

I have read too many horror stories from Viper guys to ever consider anything from that shop. Never.
        The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Z51, FE4, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

You know as new as this vehicle is for GM technology wise and Tuners can only offer their OWN warranties this is going to be interesting to watch. Bottom line if the Tuner Companyn(any of them read the fine print do not be fooled) and GM do not agree on who caused the problem the vehicle sits! Been there done that one--never again.

Comment

I 100% agree with Johns post, and post 4. NEVER that shop.

Regards Brian

Comment

~500 HP will be enough for me. But for those who can afford it, and use it without killing themselves, go for it.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

“From mild time wild”
                I would hardly call the current specs mild. Nevertheless, the current engine has more than enough usable HP for me, but you’re paying for bragging rights.
                TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                  “From mild time wild”
                  I would hardly call the current specs mild. Nevertheless, the current engine has more than enough usable HP for me, but you’re paying for bragging rights.
                  LOL You are a funny man that was a good one! You have no idea what you are missing!

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post
                    I have read too many horror stories from Viper guys to ever consider anything from that shop. Never.
                    Just a couple I know first hand by Mr smoke and mirrors

1. We were doing one of the first Open Road Races out of Fort Stockton Tx that 2 time Indy 500 Roger Ward put on called the Big Bend
                    2 Wise guys show up in Vipers, 1 was J.H. The big shots wanting to show off their talent on a straightway, the Viper showed him, got off the road and took
                    out hundreds of feet of a rancher's fence and cattle getting on the road.
                    Nobody living there then wanted us to come back for future ORRs,

Turns out the Viper was not even owned by J.H, it was a customers who BTW did not even know his car was in a race and J.H fixed the car and never told the customer about this

2. J.H wanting to show how great he is at around midnight decided to take a Viper and in the heart of town was doing doughnuts and burning rubber making a huge racket and woke people up
                    Cops wacked him but let him go home on promise he would return to court.
                    He never showed and following year at the BB ORR cops were all over the place looking to see if he showed up so they could arrest him, he never showed.

3. I personally know one Corvette owner who got sucked into JH claiming high performance gains had his Corvette long distance shipped to JH and prepaying over $10,000
                    Well several months go by the owner still has not gotten his Corvette back and also had sent JH even more money had a local Corvette owner go visit J.H's shop
                    to find the guys Corvette in pieces and in fact JH was taking parts off it and selling the parts to other customers who needed the parts :-(

Yea ship your new C8 to him
                    Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
                    1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X