MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Touch More C8 LT2 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeyTX
    replied
    So if the lope is gone ? What ya gonna do, cancel your order ? This isn't the LT1 of old. New car, new transmission, new engine. You want shake, rattle and, roll ? Go buy a C6/C7. Time to get on board with the 21st century technology.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
    Every time I read a post by someone wanting to put aftermarket headers on this marvel of engineering I just shake my head in wonder and roll my eyes. Give me an LT2 with exposed surgical stainless factory headers and I'll show the world a classic piece of art.
    I agree, the headers are very sexy, but I was disappointing to find that they are enclosed in heat shielding (for both the Stingray and Z51) to help keep down radiant heat.

Leave a comment:

• MikeyTX
    replied
    This bring to mind the eternal question Why ? Every time I read a post by someone wanting to put aftermarket headers on this marvel of engineering I just shake my head in wonder and roll my eyes. Give me an LT2 with exposed surgical stainless factory headers and I'll show the world a classic piece of art.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Easily accessible from underneath. At we learned from Josh Holder at the NCM 25th, there is only one drain plug for the LT2. It and the oil filter are easily accessible from underneath. Couple of pictures to help from CorvetteBlogger and TorqueNews respectively.

Click image for larger version  Name:	06280785-E6B2-420E-AB38-F88719A1ACDC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	92854Click image for larger version  Name:	0C84C6BE-B053-4F93-B98E-19C8FDF50348.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	92855

Leave a comment:

• OldYellow
    replied
    The engine sounds like it will be another good step up in the Corvette engines. Has anyone been able to determine where the oil drain plug is? I have seen the oil filter access hole in the cover plate underneath but have yet to determine where the oil drain plug is. If anyone has a picture they can share I would sure appreciate seeing it. I always change my own oil !

Leave a comment:

• MikeC8
    replied
    I had a 13 Boss 302 and the track key would unleash the lumpy cam sound. Really cool and old school. It also had side pipes from the factory that had plates that could be removed. Or change the plates hole size for different sounds. Plates removed was way too loud for street driving but not at the track. Great sounding small block for sure at WOT.

Leave a comment:

• Milliwatt Rob
    replied
    There was nothing as nice as the lumpy idle on my 1964 C2 with the solid lifter engine, valve clearances set at 030 and 030. Stumbled along with an idle at 750 rpm

Leave a comment:

• 68roadster
    replied
    Yes. I think the LT2 is sounding like it will have less snarl or attitude than the LT1. Will be interested to see what the differences are. I am so excited about the design that it will not be a big deal to me as long as I have the NPP.

Leave a comment:

• TAdams65
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Aw, I like the slightly lumpy idle of the LT1. I hope that's not what they're talking about.
    Yes to this, I liked that I could actually feel the engine running in my Camaro.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    "The intake uses a low-restriction design with identical 210-mm-long intake runners, unlike the unequal-length runners on the LT1. This improves output and increases flow, with three-percent power gains compared to the LT1’s intake manifold."

Thanks for info. I was glad when I heard the C8 would have the LT1/2. Tried and proven, and now improved more.

Leave a comment:

• RoketRdr
    replied
    Originally posted by C8Driving View Post
    An exhaust scrubber? What is that please?
    They are referring to the CAT's.

Leave a comment:

• SheepDog
    replied
    The schizoid riddle in the Corvette idle is sacred from way-back. Mourn the passing. Then a reserrection please. The very lumpy is even more primal Corvette.

Did they save it for the Z06 .
    Last edited by SheepDog; 11-27-2019, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Critically, the LT2 has a very stable idle, even more so than that of the LT1
    Aw, I like the slightly lumpy idle of the LT1. I hope that's not what they're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• whl3
    replied
    There are an almost infinite number and types of "scrubbers". The term "scrubber" should not be associated with the more common terminology that we would typically use in the household! Scrubbers are most noted for use in industrial applications to clean up exhaust gas emissions. In transportation use, I'd bet they were first used on diesel applications before being used on gasoline fueled internal combustion engines. Most types can either be classified as "wet" or "dry" scrubbers. Below is a general definition from Wikipedia.

"Scrubber systems (e.g. chemical scrubbers, gas scrubbers) are a diverse group of air pollution control devices that can be used to remove some particulates and/or gases from industrial exhaust streams. The first air scrubber was designed to remove carbon dioxide from the air of an early submarine, the Ictineo I, a role for which they continue to be used today.[1] Traditionally, the term "scrubber" has referred to pollution control devices that use liquid to wash unwanted pollutants from a gas stream. Recently, the term has also been used to describe systems that inject a dry reagent or slurry into a dirty exhaust stream to "wash out" acid gases. Scrubbers are one of the primary devices that control gaseous emissions, especially acid gases. Scrubbers can also be used for heat recovery from hot gases by flue-gas condensation.[2] They are also used for the high flows in solar, PV, or LED processes."

Leave a comment:

• C8Driving
    replied
    An exhaust scrubber? What is that please?

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X