Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Has anyone driven a car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone driven a car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds?

Today I was lucky enough to drive the 2020 R8 Performance model with 610hp that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds and oh my god we are all in for a treat when we get our C8's.

Just for perspective my current car is a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 which does 0-60 in about 4 seconds and a low 12 in the 1/4 mile and I always felt it was fast as hell.

Once I punched the R8 from a stop light and let the DCT shift itself through the gears it felt like warp speed in the Millennium Falcon. I could not believe how fast this car was. I was literally giddy and laughing at how bloody fast the thing is.

I then started downshifting with the paddles and listening to the beautiful crackles and pops of the exhaust and could help myself from going up and down the gears just to listen to the beautiful sound of the V10.

Now I know this car is more than twice the price of the C8 and the V10 engine is not comparable as far as sound y but it is the first time I have ever driven a mid engined car and one that is this fast and all I could keep thinking was "I cant wait till my C8 gets here" It is going to be one hell of a fun car and I think many people who like myself have never driven a mid engine car or a car this fast will be just blown away! Way to go Chevy!

According to the PDR on my drag run in my last C7 Z06, I hit 0-60 in 2.9, 0-100 in 6.2 and ended the run with 1/4 mile in 10.62 @131.48

Video links posted below of run and PDR

I have videos of me racing my buddies R8 V10 as well ... He had me at the beginning but once I gained traction the Z06 blew passed him.

Only mods were Corsa Exhaust and X-pipe, Halltech Intake.

https://youtu.be/IZ9MZtsa_Xk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8z...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8z...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by Jljordann922; 10-23-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

A friend had a GT-R for a few years; it ruined me to go 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Every other car felt slower by a factor of 10. It is a different league. The difference between 5 seconds and 4 seconds is awesome; to go from 4 seconds to 3 seconds is in another league.

Comment

I test drove a GTR using launch mode, the initial surge was brutal. My son's GT500 is impressive when you floor it to merge onto the highway, but it's very difficult to get a good 0 to 60 time because the wheels just spin on launch.

Comment

The 2019 ZR1 has clocked under 3 seconds for 0-60. I think it needs the automatic to do that.
          Corvettes: 63 split window coupe, 71 T-Top, 74 T-Top, 85 coupe, 14 C7 stingray, 16 C7 Z06, 19 C7 ZR1(current). Other performance cars: 69 Camaro Z28, 2006 Crossfire SRT, 2006 RAM Viper Truck, 2008 Viper, 2012 Challenger SRT.

Comment

All of our race cars were at least that fast, but we can’t wait to welcome our C8 to the club

Comment

We are in for such a treat when our cars arrive!

Comment

While I like to drive quickly and carve up twisty roads, I have never been into 0-60 style maximum acceleration. Perhaps my brief SCCA sprint racing history, remembering twisted axles, broken universal joints, etc. cause me to view this as abusive of the drive train. Plus, I like to get at least 20,000 miles out of a set of tires.

Comment

BIG FUN ahead for C8 owners, and as we know, its acceleration is just of its many wonderful features that will bring us all miles of smiles.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                    While I like to drive quickly and carve up twisty roads, I have never been into 0-60 style maximum acceleration. Perhaps my brief SCCA sprint racing history, remembering twisted axles, broken universal joints, etc. cause me to view this as abusive of the drive train. Plus, I like to get at least 20,000 miles out of a set of tires.
                    or maybe just 20,000 smiles out of a set of tires. works for me!

Comment

I haven't driven a car like that, but I used to ride sport bikes for over 20 years, so I've got a sense of how 3-sec 0-60 feels. You see bikes accelerating from stop lights ahead of the cars; very few cars can take off that quickly. It's scary quick on a bike (because you're hanging on with your feet on the pegs, gripping the tank with your thighs, keeping your body forward so the front wheel doesn't lift off the ground as much etc); I'm really looking forward to experiencing it in a car and not feeling like I'm going to fall off.

Comment

I owned a 2014 GT-R for a year. 2.8 0-60. Ruined me. I miss that car.

Comment

I have a 991 turbo with stage 2 and it pulls 0-60 in 2.6 and 2.4 with a 1ft roll out! I love it. The ME platform will absolutely help the low speed grip which I am very excited for.

Comment

Tesla Model S in Ludicrous mode.

The C8 will be as close as I get to that experience (until the electric C9).

Comment

My 2013 GTR with titanium exhaust and decatted down pipes did 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. I was wicked fast and loud!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X