Last of the pushrod 'Vettes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of the pushrod 'Vettes ?

With the advent of the DOHC C8 R engine, am I thinking correctly that the center of block, single cam, lower center of gravity engine may become an engine of the past ? - Starting with the C 8 ?
    The small block V8 Chevy engine is the most produced V8 engine ever built - I have read.
    We may be owning an even more historic milestone than I thought.
    C8er

They will definitely keep it around on the base Stingray while the Z06/ZR1 variants will get the DOHC monster. Don’t see the small block pushrod V8 disappearing from the Corvette moniker. It will just be reserved for the “base” car. But who knows...maybe in the future they will all have a DOHC engine. For now they’re certainly doing it to keep the price down on the base car.

Comment

Actually one of the reasons I am buying this car is because I think it will be among the last pushrod Corvettes-maybe cars-ever built. There are just so many other options on the horizon, and many are faster and more efficient. The American pushrod V8 is an icon, and I wanted to have this car before they change over to the "modern" cars.

Comment

As long as GM pickups use a ohv v8 the corvette will offer one as standard..

price, power, torque, small exterior dimensions and lightweight are all attributes to the LT2.

inexpensive, durable and reliable.
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I’ll bet a beer that the C8 isn’t just the last pushrod Corvette, but that it’s the last gasoline powered Corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
            I’ll bet a beer that the C8 isn’t just the last pushrod Corvette, but that it’s the last gasoline powered Corvette.
            Welcome to the forum Daffy!

Since this generation will probably be in production for at least 5 or 6 years, you may well be right. Given the uproar over losing round tail lights, I can't imagine what the response will be to an all-electric Vette. Wow.

Comment

I really hope your not right ...
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

We will know when the tesla 200/ 250 grand full ev comes out in a year if the next gen corvette will be hybrid or full ev.

by then Ill be so old I wont even care...electric or gas...ill be like whatever...

just get the hell out of my way!
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Welcome to the forum Daffy!

Since this generation will probably be in production for at least 5 or 6 years, you may well be right. Given the uproar over losing round tail lights, I can't imagine what the response will be to an all-electric Vette. Wow.
                  new, very restrictive emissions start 2024... so just under 4 years of actual production, I'm guessing they'll build 2023's until December christmas break/vacation.

Comment

Wow...thats quite the prediction and not totally out of the realm of possibility.

I believe vw just announced they will be all electric not too far off in the future...

could be about the time a c9 rolls out and the corvette team could follow suit.

ev s driven like the tesla mode s lidicrious is quite an eye opening experience to realize your prediction has merit...

welcome,aboard the forum.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X