Does C8 Have Burn Out Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does C8 Have Burn Out Mode?

We thank CorvetteBlogger for digging deep into what MotorTrend has so far released. Are you reading to do burnouts in your C8?

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Does the C8 Corvette Actually Have a Official Burnout-Mode?

By Keith Cornett

Sep 15, 2019

[VIDEO] Does the C8 Corvette Actually Have a Official Burnout-Mode?
    Photo Credit: Scott Evans (@dasgimpen) / Instagram

Motor Trend had the first shot at indepentantly testing the 2020 Corvette Stingray and they didn’t disappoint fans after releasing several videos on the same day showing the testing of the C8 Corvette’s launch control.

The editorial team has also followed up on a series of great articles on the car that include a look from inside the C8 while on an autocross circuit as well as discussions on all the interior buttons and controls.

But one certain point definitely caught our eye and that was the discussion on Launch Control and the unofficial “burnout mode”. It’s going to be a bit different now with a dual-clutch 8-speed transmission and electronic paddle shifters, but the process will be somewhat similar to current Corvette owners.

For launch control, put the car into DRIVE and select TRACK MODE and then double-tap the ESC OFF button to bring up the Performance Traction Management (PTM) menu to select the mode: Wet, Dry, Sport I, Sport II, and Race. Once you’ve selected your PTM, stand on the brake with your left foot while flooring the accelerator with your right. Lift off the brake when the revs settle at 3500 RPMs and down the street you go!

So you’re at the track and you want to warm your tires before making your run. Motor Trend says Chevy has an official “Burnout Mode” which is even easier to use. Put the car in DRIVE, stand on the brake and pull both paddle shifters to temporarilty open the clutches. Once you floor the throttle and release the paddles, the computer will do a controlled clutch dump and will let the tires spin. When you’re finished you lift off the throttle.
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-burnout-mode/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

For launch control, put the car into DRIVE and select TRACK MODE and then double-tap the ESC OFF button to bring up the Performance Traction Management (PTM) menu to select the mode: Wet, Dry, Sport I, Sport II, and Race. Once you’ve selected your PTM, stand on the brake with your left foot while flooring the accelerator with your right. Lift off the brake when the revs settle at 3500 RPMs and down the street you go!
    With the C7, PTM was not available in the base Stingray. I guess that has changed with the C8?

So you’re at the track and you want to warm your tires before making your run. Motor Trend says Chevy has an official “Burnout Mode” which is even easier to use. Put the car in DRIVE, stand on the brake and pull both paddle shifters to temporarily open the clutches. Once you floor the throttle and release the paddles, the computer will do a controlled clutch dump and will let the tires spin. When you’re finished you lift off the throttle.
    It sounds like the computer will control both engine RPM and "line lock" the brakes - very different to what I'm used to, but I look forward to trying it out.
    Upcoming Vette:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
      With the C7, PTM was not available in the base Stingray. I guess that has changed with the C8?
      Yes, but you need both Z51 and FE4 Mag Ride added to the car (any trim level). Performance Traction Management comes as part of FE4. From the latest online Order Guide:

B4Z Performance Traction Management
      1 - Included and only available with (FE4) Z51 performance suspension with Magnetic Selective Ride Control.
      A1 A1 A1

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

It sounds like the computer will control both engine RPM and "line lock" the brakes - very different to what I'm used to, but I look forward to trying it out.
        In the video he says release the brake, then release the paddles, the car spins the tires a little and takes off. Nothing about line lock action. That would be a cool feature, if it has it. Power braking with those big rear calipers gripping may not work very well!
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X