C8 Busted By Mustang Driven By Police Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Busted By Mustang Driven By Police Officer

Every generation of Corvettes is just like the last, that our cars are meant to be driven, and occasionally, _ _ _ _ happens. Leaving the National Corvette Museum’s 25th Anniversary Celebration a member of the Corvette team driving a C8 was at least stopped by a uncovered police car. Was he ticketed? Or was the cop just trying to get an up close and personal look at the C8?

Thanks to Mike Davenport and “Patrick” we have learned of this event.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Black 2020 Corvette Is Pulled Over by Unmarked Police in a Mustang in Louisville

By
    Keith Cornett
    -
    Sep 5, 2019
    [VIDEO] Black 2020 Corvette Is Pulled Over by Unmarked Police in a Mustang in Louisville

“Do you know why I pulled you over?”, says the police officer to the driver of the 2020 Corvette.

“Because I let you?” replies the Corvette driver…

It’s an old meme but a good meme as the kids say…

The black 2020 Corvette Stingray was pulled over Labor Day weekend in Louisville, KY on I-65 which, coincidently, is the route that the Corvette engineers would be taking back to Detroit following the National Corvette Museum’s 25th Anniversary Celebration. And because these are the Corvette Team engineers driving and not the regular “data loggers”, we would expect them to drive a bit more spirited occasionally. It is a Corvette after all…
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...in-louisville/

I am pretty sure I know who the driver was, and where he was heading (not to Michigan) but as that top member of the Corvette team was super helpful, informative, and kind to me and to so many others at the event, I am not going to out him. Hopefully the Police Officer just gave him a warning and said, “Giving you a break today for I really want to have a C8 as both my personal car and as my Police car too.”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Does this play into the legend that Southern state LEO's love to pull over Northern state license plates? Thought it was only Dubai that used high end unmarked vehicles for police work.

Comment

That's the only way a Mustang is going to catch a C8, LOL.

And lots of departments are using non-traditional unmarked cars for speed enforcement, unfortunately. Often cars that were confiscated. Radar dectectors still have value.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I don't know. Is it appropriate for a Mustang cop car to pull over a Corvette? It'd be like a Ford intentionally crashing into the winning Chevy just before the finish line.

If a ticket was issued, I would think the C8 driver could present this impropriety to the court. Bias may have influenced the Mustang to take action against that car. How many other Corvettes has this particular car pulled over? What type of private car does the Mustang driver own? Ford?? Grounds for dismissal of the ticket I'd say.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-06-2019, 05:50 PM. Reason: Post is in jest

Comment

I've been harrassed by cops down there before. They spent hours searching my car for "contraband" and they only got angrier once they didn't find anything. Now those cops are driving Mustang GTs.

Obviously the state is spending far too much on police. Cut their budget and put those Mustangs up for auction.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            That's the only way a Mustang is going to catch a C8, LOL.

And lots of departments are using non-traditional unmarked cars for speed enforcement, unfortunately. Often cars that were confiscated. Radar dectectors still have value.
            Radar detectors, and Waze work pretty good together.

Comment

Imo it’s not about safety anymore in a lot of communities when it comes to traffic tickets it’s about revenue it’s how these municipalities are funded.
              In today’s hiway environment of $200 speeding tickets and the resultant high Insurence imo countermeasures of some type are necessary.
              A corvette is a trophy mount for many hiway patrols. My radar and laser defense has provided me with early awareness numerous times.
              My C7 has a stealthy install and I plan on doing the same type of defense in the C8

Click image for larger version

Name:	82CE50D9-7A18-4DB9-BB20-9654A50A0D05.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	68819Click image for larger version

Name:	3C1ADF4D-55C0-4260-B52E-988C0655AD1B.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	841.0 KB
ID:	68818Click image for larger version

Name:	4299FE99-C4AD-4A9A-9B7B-B75D711C1EDB.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	68817Click image for larger version

Name:	66C580E5-32B9-4CEF-8857-E16C6ED35CAD.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	657.8 KB
ID:	68816

2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
              1100 status 😊
              2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by electroVette View Post
                I've been harrassed by cops down there before. They spent hours searching my car for "contraband" and they only got angrier once they didn't find anything. Now those cops are driving Mustang GTs.

Obviously the state is spending far too much on police. Cut their budget and put those Mustangs up for auction.
                I have been pulled over by the police many times in my 60 years. I have never, ever, been harrassed. In fact, I have never even met a rude police officer. It is just business to them. Personal for me....yes. But business to them. They have never searched my car for "contraband." I must not look or act suspicious. I am polite and treat the contact like an adult who got caught violating the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob4092xx View Post

I have been pulled over by the police many times in my 60 years. I have never, ever, been harrassed. In fact, I have never even met a rude police officer. It is just business to them. Personal for me....yes. But business to them. They have never searched my car for "contraband." I must not look or act suspicious. I am polite and treat the contact like an adult who got caught violating the law.
                  Have you ever driven through the South in a car with Michigan plates? Try it sometime, those southern cops will treat you like General Sherman's great great grandson.

Comment

It happens. Happened to me once. Noticed a cop behind me at a light, so I took off nice and slow. Apparently the cop was in a hurry, because he turned on his lights, but he was tailgating me so closely I couldn't see his roof. So he turned on his siren, pulled me over, and proceeded to read me the riot act about driving too slowly. Up to that point, I had said nothing. Then I asked him for his badge number. He shut up, walked back to his car, and took off. Never did get his badge number, but I did write down the number on the car. Considered filing a complaint, but figured that would have just gotten a bunch of cops looking for me.

Just like the general population, some cops are a-holes, and some are tripping out on their power.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My radar detector picks them up in car.....

Comment

I have been pulled over by the police many times in my 60 years.
                        Bout time you slow down or something.

Comment

My father gave me my first radar detector

Comment

Never had nor used one.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I find using current crowdsourcing apps like Waze to be way more effective than my old radar detector ever was for situational awareness.

Not planning on installing one in my c8.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X