Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Who is considering to never modify the engine of the c8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been an engine mods guy for a looong time, but have done nothing to my C7 and won't mess with the C8 either.

Comment

I will add small bolt on's here and there, I did have a Vortech supercharger, cam & long tubes on my C6 and loved them. I would not spend that kind of money with the C8 as the car is already fast. Might just need a K&N to help it breath a little bit better.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
      C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

I will probably want to add some power, but since I haven't driven one yet I can't say for sure. If it gives me that perma-grin as it is, then I will not mess with it (famous last words LOL) from an engine standpoint. I always do some mods (options that i wanted but waited to add, some cool aftermarket lighting etc). I enjoy tinkering on a car and its fun hanging out with other car people to do some modding.
        My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

Unless I opt for the Z06, I would just have to tweak it to get over 500hp..... soooo close. I still can't believe they settled on 495hp.

Comment

Fireeagle, it has 495 Clydesdales, that's equivalent to at least 600 smaller horses (Mustangs?) LOL...
            Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
            Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
              Fireeagle, it has 495 Clydesdales, that's equivalent to at least 600 smaller horses (Mustangs?) LOL...
              C8 Equivalent HP_____________versus_______________ Mustang Equivalent HP
              Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.7 KB ID:	68130

Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
              Upcoming Vette:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 two-tone seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                C8 Equivalent HP_____________versus_______________ Mustang Equivalent HP
                Click image for larger version Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.7 KB ID:	68130
                Lol That picture reminds me of my daughter's little Toyota Tercel with 89 old, Shetland Ponies under the hood versus my Z06 with 405 stallions under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
                  You may be into something. 0-60 in less than 3" with 3,500lbs and only 495hp?

Comment

Zero to sixty in 3 seconds or less is really good enough for me...

im keeping the motor stock..

if i really need to go faster ill just sell this one and buy a z06 type model and again enjoy the durability of gm products which undergo their 300k mile validation process..

small issues can always crop up and with the warranty or extended gmepp warranty we have no worries....

at this stage in my life a corvette that can accelerate to 60 mph in 3 seconds or less is good enough for most of us...

i believe some drag racers will get stock c8 s into the 10s....stock...

while Ill admire those who modify their motors etc...to go even quicker...it wont be me...

i usually modify one of my sports cars heavily tearing into the motors every 20 years....im a few years off from the last time...but i swear on the holly bible...Im not cracking the motor open on this new c8....
                    Last edited by JB; 09-11-2019, 07:55 PM.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      I have done approximately 35 mods on each Corvette we have owned, but never touched the motor nor the ECU.

On the C8, I will be doing less than 10 total mods including CQuartz, clear bra, and window tinting. Then no later than the third year of the C8, will be getting the Z06 (or whatever the high perf version is called).
                      Calloway et al will over the next two years get everything we need to 'boost' the present day's C8 performace to the upcoming Zs. I intend on doing that with my baby, then gifting it to my wife.

I am on MacMulkin's reservation list presently for the 900-1000 HP ZR1/Zora variant, and will get that one next and Run it Hard

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                        Unless I opt for the Z06, I would just have to tweak it to get over 500hp..... soooo close. I still can't believe they settled on 495hp.
                        Its because insurance companies begin charging higher premium rates for cars over 500hp. They're trying to keep the base car affordable for the masses and still give big bang for the buck.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X