MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance is scheduled for Nov. 12th at 8:00 pm Pacific time. The site might experience a short outage, lasting no longer than half an hour during the maintenance period.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Who is considering to never modify the engine of the c8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is considering to never modify the engine of the c8

Is zero to sixty in under 3 seconds or in 3 seconds fast enough or will we eventually be modding these motors...
    stock is best and 3 seconds or less is more than fast enoug
    68.13%
    Ill do small bolt ons , like air filter,etc
    14.29%
    Im tearing into that lt2 to extract as much hp and tq as possible.
    4.40%
    Not sure until I drive the new c8.:then Ill decide
    13.19%
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Drive it as is for a year, then cast it aside to make way for a Z06!

Hey, a guy can dream, can’t he?😎
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I have done approximately 35 mods on each Corvette we have owned, but never touched the motor nor the ECU.

On the C8, I will be doing less than 10 total mods including CQuartz, clear bra, and window tinting. Then no later than the third year of the C8, will be getting the Z06 (or whatever the high perf version is called).
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

"Stock is best". Knowing the 3 second thing is enough.

Comment

I won't do any mods but for a different sort of reason -- I'll be using the C8 is stock class for autocross and such mods aren't allowed. I've always preferred staying stock, rather than chasing whatever is the hot new mod to do in other classes. That can get expensive, and tires will eat up enough of my "fun" budget!

Comment

My daughter's Tesla gave me an acceleration disorientation. 3 secs is fast enough.

Comment

Warranty is important to me... especially on a new car. Modding for performance is an obsession and part of the experience for some and that's fantastic but, for me, the car comes with enough performance directly from Chev AND a full warranty with no risk of it being questioned. If I owned a car out of warranty, maybe then but I never do.
              2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Adrenaline Red | Carbon | Comp Seats | Ground Effects | High Wing ... on order
              2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
              2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
              2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

The only "mod' i am considering is using an OBD2 device for defeating AFM while in automatic shifting mode, if that is necessary.

Comment

No mods here. Warranties matter, and so does engine life. And I think the C8 has all the performance I can use on the street anyway.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

With all the wonders of the c8 there is still the potential for first hear foibles

i believe between the excellent performance and the potential for possible Warranty needs...

not modifying the mechanical aspect of the c8 is a logical path to take.

jmo
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I am a proponent of leaving every car I own "as original." It is not only the way to preserve one's warranty and peace of mind about any influences on the vehicle from modifications, but it most certainly preserves the value and potential uptick in value. Surely, buyers can realize that by the calendar year 2020, car companies have most of the ingredients of a sound vehicle figured out!?! Give GM some credit when it comes to learning from past mistakes...as few, or as many, as that may have been!

Comment

Well, maybe. Manufacturers have all sorts of reasons for doing, and not, doing things other than 'having [it] all figured out." Cost, liability, legal restrictions and more. Many modifications can make a vehicle better for the individual owner without compromising warranty or future value.

For example, I added the Smart Top module to my' vert. GM will never offer the functionality it provides because their lawyers won't let them. But it improves me experience every time I raise or lower the top, hundreds of times a year. And if a future owner doesn't want it, I can remove it in about an hour. I also replaced the small stock away bar with the beefier bars from a Z51. GM could have done that, but made a decision not to. Again, it increases my enjoyment of the car every time I drive on a winding road.

And many owners are willing to forgo some future value for more enjoyment now. I bought my car for my enjoyment, not as an investment or to make a future owner happy.
                        Last edited by meyerweb; 09-03-2019, 09:59 AM.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That is a personal choice! I congratulate you for knowing what is important to you and executing. Your reasoning is perfectly sound! None of the mentioned additions you performed affect the engine nor the operation of the vehicle. You can remove them as easily as they were probably installed. It is the perfect example of a benign modification.

Comment

Sight unseen, the only thing I can think of is some type of engine appearance upgrade. No doubt the aftermarket will be awash with all kinds of options. No doubt our early adopter members will post loads of photos of their upgrades.

Comment

Full Bolts Ons+E85 (FBO) for this guy.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X