Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Front end loft and coil over adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end loft and coil over adjustment

I’m still confused, if I get the front end lift, do the front coil-overs still have an adjustable spring perch to allow manual lowering of the car. I understand the front end lift for getting over speed bump. I’m asking if the front dampers still have the adjustable perches?

Apparently not......🥺

It seems that if you want 4 corner adjustability, you need Z51, NO front end lift.
    Last edited by Meldoon; 08-30-2019, 05:11 PM.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Which pretty much defeats the purpose of having *any* adjustable spring perches. There's no point in being able to adjust only the back end. Secondly, when would a lift be most useful? When you've lowered the car of course.

Strange design choice by GM.

Comment

This contradicts earlier information that was given. Cant find the post where it was discussed but seems like Tadge was the source of the info?
        Last edited by Ronstar; 08-30-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
          Which pretty much defeats the purpose of having *any* adjustable spring perches. There's no point in being able to adjust only the back end. Secondly, when would a lift be most useful? When you've lowered the car of course.

Strange design choice by GM.
          You would think the front end lift would assist those who lower their car the most.

truly a strange development...by GM engineers to make only the rear suspension adjustable if you get the front end lift system.

lowering the rear only would be a weird look and probably create adverse handling as well.
          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronstar View Post
            This contradicts earlier information that was given. Cant find the post where it was discussed but seems like Tadge was the source of the info?
            Yes, it does, but as this later information was given to us by the outstanding Development Launch Engineer Josh Holder, take this new info to the bank. Thanks for forgetting was was erroneously previous reported (and it was not by Tadge).
            GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

So current answer is yes, no, maybe. Are there any known pictures of the front damper with the e60 lift system ? It so it would be very easy to determine if the front dampers still have the adjustable perch collar that the rear damper has and is shown in some of the cutaway car pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                Are there any known pictures of the front damper with the e60 lift system ? It so it would be very easy to determine if the front dampers still have the adjustable perch collar that the rear damper has and is shown in some of the cutaway car pictures.
                I looked at a couple of pics of the front suspension of that cut-away car and it was ... inconclusive. Not quite the right angle.

I seem to recall a post with pics specifically about the front lift that showed the hydraulic actuator, but even if I find it again, we have to make sure that it's from a Z51-equipped car. Otherwise it wouldn't have the adjustable perches in the first place. And even then it could have just been a mock up assembled with little regard to the actual allowed combination of parts. So I suspect the best info we can get is from an authoritative GM source, and it seems like we're already received the disappointing news. Sigh.

Hopefully GM will put it on the list of improvements to make for 2021 cars!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X