Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

E85 Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E85 Question

    I’m not sure if anyone has asked about this before. Is the LT2 ECM setup and wired to an E85 sensor? As with the C7, the ECM was setup but YOU had to run the E85 sensor wire to the ECM and re-tune it.
    Last edited by Cobra502; 08-25-2019, 03:58 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cobra502 View Post
    I’m not sure if anyone has asked about this before. Is the LT2 ECM setup and wired to an E85 sensor? As with the C7, the ECM was setup but YOU had to run the E85 sensor wire to the ECM and re-tune it.
    Actually the C7 ECM was NOT configured for E85. You tuner had to enable the tables and options in the tune as well as add the sensor. No one knows anything about the new C8 ECM architecture and I suspect it will be just as tough to crack as the C7 was. We probably wont know anything for at least 2 years.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is just a guess. But since it doesn’t appear there are many changes to the LT engine, and tuners will not have many changes to make to support E85 compared to the C7. I bet within 2 weeks of delivery someone will have it running.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ethanol_producer View Post
        This is just a guess. But since it doesn’t appear there are many changes to the LT engine, and tuners will not have many changes to make to support E85 compared to the C7. I bet within 2 weeks of delivery someone will have it running.
        Not going to happen soon or for some time as the C8 controllers are locked and encrypted
        None of what GM released as design specs and that has been very little, does not state about E85 use
        nor does any marketing information

        LT2 should though support E15 use.
        Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
        1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

          Actually the C7 ECM was NOT configured for E85. You tuner had to enable the tables and options in the tune as well as add the sensor. No one knows anything about the new C8 ECM architecture and I suspect it will be just as tough to crack as the C7 was. We probably wont know anything for at least 2 years.
          Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, the word "setup" means was capable of recognizing E85. I did say "YOU had to run the E85 sensor wire to the ECM and re-tune it. Sorry for the confusion. LOL






          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cobra502 View Post

            Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, the word "setup" means was capable of recognizing E85. I did say "YOU had to run the E85 sensor wire to the ECM and re-tune it. Sorry for the confusion. LOL
            Gotcha...

            Comment


            • #7
              It is going to be interesting to see how tuners deal with the new hardware architecture and software technology when GM can update / retune the C8 wirelessly.

              Comment

              MECF_728x90_bottom

              Collapse
              Working...
              X