Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

In & Around Town Drive Modes...is there a recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In & Around Town Drive Modes...is there a recommended?

Curious question. I've been driving in Touring Mode for the break-in period. What have you all used for the break-in period? Touring? Sport? Weather? myMode? Z? Looking at the Owner's Manual, there is no recommended mode.

If it helps, the majority of the driving done so far (she has 334 on the odometer as of this writing) has been in town, with only a couple short drives on the local highway...and that frequent V8-V4 transition has me wondering if I should be using something other than Touring. Another local C8 owner tells me he uses Sport for driving in town.

Let's say you all?
    1977 White L48 Coupe (RIP)
    2023 Arctic White 1LT Z51 Coupe

Touring is great for break in. And around town and some highway is great as well. Varying speed and going through the gears is the key to break in.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Exactly and no cruise control for the key is varying RPM. That allows the rings to best seat.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

From the info you provided, you should run in Touring mode full time. That frequent V8-V4 transition was developed for those of us who like good fuel mileage. Use it, you'll like it and it does not affect the performance in any way other than get you in the 25 to 28 mpg range.
        Torch Red 2022 3LT HTC Mag Control Front Lift Natural Dipped

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Exactly and no cruise control for the key is varying RPM. That allows the rings to best seat.
          Is it best to leave in Drive vs. Manual during break-in?

Comment

Unless you are a real performance nut, you have very little or no use for the manual mode. I used 'nut' in a good sense. jmo
            Torch Red 2022 3LT HTC Mag Control Front Lift Natural Dipped

Comment

At the end of the day, it's not as critical as some would want you to believe. Mine had varied driving and plenty AFM activation along the way during the first 500 miles. Car has 5,300 miles now and uses no oil at all and has done a 0-60 with the on board of 2.6 seconds (plenty healthy).

Comment

Manual mode may be helpful in varying r.p.m………👍
                Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

In & Around Town Drive Modes...is there a recommended?

I use My Mode with touring set for everything except NPP.

Comment

That’s what I do too. I might have braking on “Sport” as well, I can’t remember. I think I set the braking at the same level for both My Mode and Z Mode so I would always get the same brake feel.

Comment

mode doesn't really matter so long as you're moderating the throttle to stay under the rpm limit and you're varying rpms. I used weather (picked car up in Jan) and tour, and I used the paddles to vary rpms when i was on a highway stretch. I'd also cycle my speed up and down so that the rear diff wasn't at a constant rpm.
                      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I have stayed in my mode (Sport set up except for NPP in track) since day one and only change to weather in heavy downpours. Z mode is set to tour in case I suddenly reach a bad pot hole stretch and need to tone it down some quickly. Car has over 6K miles now, mostly town driving and absolutely no problems so far. As others have said: Make sure you don't use cruise control until after break in period.
                        Heidi
                        Save the Wave👋
                        2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

I suspect it's the absolute extreme that would/could make any difference at all I.E. picking up the car driving one mile to the interstate and setting the cruise for 500 miles. On my way home I took two lane roads and within seconds I was going 60 mph and things weren't varying for miles at a time. I did of course slow down and stop etc. (just normal driving) but I didn't down shift and up shift every 200 feet. It's just like these posters that say "I drive my car hard so mine never would go into AFM mode" total BS, that statement ONLY applies on a race track. On public roads (if you are in a mode that AFM will engage) it happens within the first mile of driving because there are speed limits and prudence.

Comment

I am in sport mode most all the time. I will switch between auto & manual depending on conditions and the situation. Manual shiffting gives a much better control of RPMs. In auto mode in traffic when you accelarate and slow down the trans gets confused...The car wants to go fast. At Springhill you are in manual the entire time. When I returned to my car it didn't seem to "feel" the same, until I switched to manual...I also tend to downshift to slow down and try to use less brakes. The brake dust is the worst I have seen. Thinking of changing pads and suggestions?

Comment

A lot of this is like a guy saying he changes his oil every 1,000 miles and has no engine problems, so if you don't want to have engine problems you need to change your oil every 1,000 miles. The problem is, there aren't any engine problems on cars changing the oil every 7,500 miles either, he drew a false conclusion and professes it to be a needed procedure. What I'm saying is, I have yet to see anyone with a problem that was directly related to how they broke in their car. There are many that picked up their cars at the museum and drove them all the way home on the interstate and droned along the whole way home. I can hardly wait to read about the specifics of how to break in a LT6 on the Z06 when every one of them have already been run in on a dyno for 20 minutes being run to red line and all over the range.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X