Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Headlines and News!

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com give you the lowdown on what’s going on in the world of Corvette! https://youtu.be/1QWPCU3gZZ0; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rbTibHzHSk9vNF. Here are a few of today’s headlines:
1.The Bowling Green Assembly Plant has a rare Saturday shift, 1,036 C8 Corvettes were built last week, sets single day C8 record.
2.Bowling Green auto workers reject contract, strike authorized
3.Chevrolet pulls Engine Appearance Package and High Wing option from C8 orders
4.Chevrolet confirms to dealers that 2023 production starts
5.GM warns dealers about selling over MRSP for upcoming Z06’s
6. 70th Anniversary Details Leaked on the online Corvette Visualizer
7. Chevrolet to offer 1st retail C8 Z06 for charitable auction at Barrett Jackson
8. The #3 Cunningham Corvette of Lance Miller's has been sold!
9. New official C8 Z06 video comes out from Chevrolet called “The World”
Stay on top of everything Corvette with this week’s CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines Podcast!
Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Watch on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/c/CorvetteTodayThePodcast
Join the Facebook Group: www.Facebook.com/groups/CorvetteToday
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Anybody run Silver or Polished Wheels Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody run Silver or Polished Wheels Anymore

I have a C8 ordered and have been looking at aftermarket wheels. Seems like the vast majority are black. I think silver stands out much more, particularly on a Torch Red. Not sure I want chrome, but definitely silver. Maybe polished to a nice shine.
    Anybody running some nice silver wheels?
    Waiting on 2022 Torch Red Z51, Natural Interior, Mag Ride, GT2 Seats, Front Lift

Here’s just one of our MECF vendors wheel color galley. They offer “Liquid Silver” among other ones.

https://www.mrrwheels.com/pages/sets/72157658759664062

There are others here too. Check out C8Vettepartsonline which offers Forgeline and also Aerolarri.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

If you check any of the threads already posted on the forum, you'll find hundreds of examples. Maybe more.
      Darren
      [email protected]
      Click image for larger version

Name:	red-c8-corvette-with-silver-mrr-m755-wheels-1.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	327391

Name:	image (9).png
Views:	485
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	327389
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I have looked at Aerolarri and do like some of theirs. I’ll check out MRR and some of these other threads. Thanks for the help!!
        Waiting on 2022 Torch Red Z51, Natural Interior, Mag Ride, GT2 Seats, Front Lift

Comment

Under3sec, I have Aerolarri wheels ordered. Brushed aluminum, I will post pics when they are on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Under3sec View Post
            I have a C8 ordered and have been looking at aftermarket wheels. Seems like the vast majority are black. I think silver stands out much more, particularly on a Torch Red. Not sure I want chrome, but definitely silver. Maybe polished to a nice shine.
            Anybody running some nice silver wheels?
            Aerolarri, Hurricane, Brushed

Name:	Delivery.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	327406 Click image for larger version

Name:	Delivery-5.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	327407

Comment

Check that forged wheels have a load rating some cheap wheels may not. I went with 1 satin black set but didn't want the same color so I bought a set in graphite.
              I'm having trouble with uploading pictures or I would.

Comment

syoungbe, that wheel look fabulous on your car. That is the same wheel I ordered, can't wait to get them on.

Comment

I don't care for black wheels either, but they are undeniably popular these days. I like polished alloy or similar rims on some colors cars, but not all. I'm going with a gloss gunmetal type finish for my Red Mist.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Name:	MRR F488 MonoBlock Forged.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	533.6 KB
ID:	327508

I don't understand why these MRR F488 wheels are not seeing a bunch of love, as IMHO it's the best looking MRR MonoBlock Forged wheel they make. Oh and Polished BayBay!

Black wheels to me look like one is driving around on temporary wheels waiting for the real ones to be delivered!

Comment

Out of the oven for clear F488....Ceramic polish and then clear. NOT chrome. Directional and Forged.
                      Thanks GarryL.

Name:	IMG_9708.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	988.7 KB
ID:	327540

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenMRRWheels View Post
                        Out of the oven for clear F488....Ceramic polish and then clear. NOT chrome. Directional and Forged.
                        Thanks GarryL.

Name:	IMG_9708.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	988.7 KB
ID:	327540
                        Oh My Gosh, Those Are Stunning! They would look awesome on my '22 Accelerate Yellow HTC with body colored accents that is just about to be built !!!

Comment

I’m partial to matte silver with Torch Red, but to each his own. Click image for larger version

Name:	9418857B-83EB-4E17-ACC6-74FBC458CA45.png
Views:	413
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	327554

Comment

Wouldn’t it be cool to rent a set of wheels for 3 months with the option to buy, that way you could try several different finishes and styles before making the final decision?
                            2021 HTC, Red Mist, 3LT, black w/red stitching, Mag ride, NPP, Front Lift, Carbon Flash roof and Nacelles, Aftermarket rims, Black rocker extensions, NCM Delivery, Deposit 9-10-2019

2014 Vert, Z51, 7spd, Torch Red, 3LT, AR, Black Z51 Wheels, MGW shifter.
                            1968 RHT/Vert 327 (350 HP) 4 speed, Red on Black, American Mags.- Sold

Comment

Wait, there's more.
                              Silver is your choice?

Name:	246780671_10224245483796007_1900764809226897679_n.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	327560 Click image for larger version

Name:	246463358_10224245481795957_4250406218880570097_n (1).jpg
Views:	402
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	327561