Collapse

GM Will NOT Assist Aftermarket Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well have to remember the 900lb Gorilla in the room! The EPA! They are actively cracking down on the tuning industry from A to Z and fining the entire supply chain.

GM knows this and it is about no Bad Press or getting fined for being a participant. Really surprised they did not cut Calloway loose.

Comment

Callaway continues to be Corvette’s racing partner in Europe in the ADAC GT — taking on the Lambo, Ferraris, Porsche, McLarens, Aston Martins, and many more.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This is my two cents....

While it is apparent that there are a lot of customers who wouldn't change there C8 and think its perfect out of the box (Nothing wrong with this) There are still several people wanting to personalize their C8 to their own liking.

I have sold dozens of splitters, side skirts, wings, and wheels to customers wanting their corvette to stand out from the rest. The same thing goes for performance modifications, some guys want a little more growl out of their C8 so they get upgraded exhaust components or want to hear more intake noise or maybe they want the car to be lower or handle even better.

Also the notion that by adding horsepower or modifications takes away from the cars overall quality is ludicrous as well, we daily drive our twin turbo C8 making 900whp and it drives identical to stock until you mash the gas pedal and then its 900whp of smooth shifting/ accelerating goodness on the highway, stop light to stop light, in the mountains, or on the track. We haven't found a single compromise from modifying the car except maybe using more gas since its so addicting to hit the gas pedal.

The beauty of the car community is that people are able to express themselves through modifying their car, but when a bunch of people that might not care to mod their car act like it's a good thing that people aren't able to change their cars to their liking then manufacturers don't put extra effort into making platforms that can be supported by aftermarket companies.

At the end of the day we all love cars and some of us just want to change them to our liking. Otherwise we might as all wear the same clothes and eat the same food and live the same exact lives...

Andrew Pasik

Sales | Cicio Performance

Phone: 678.297.7770 ext 106

http://www.cicioperformance.com

Comment

I am a modder having with the exception of our current C8 (for sorry but it is going to be replaced new year), done an average of 40 mods to every vehicle we have owned — including about that many to our daily driver, our 2021 RAV4 Prime plug I in hybrid.

I like to customize our cars. I do remember a comment that Harlan said once, “we strive so hard to create a great Corvette out of the box, yet we find many who are already having their dealers install new things to it during the PDI.” Some of us are affected! I am like many here who has boxes of new vehicle parts in a special closest, reading and waiting for our new vehicle to arrive. My wife laughs whenever the UPS/FedEx starts to arrive in mass, always joking with me, “so we have a new member of the family coming soon1”
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The FTC may add something to the discussion.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/tech/...air/index.html

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X