Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

Exhaust recommendations Borla vs AWE vs Magnaflow vs Fabspeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust recommendations Borla vs AWE vs Magnaflow vs Fabspeed

Hello everyone,
    I am ready to do my first mod. Currently have NPP but need something a little more deep and loud. Not looking for anything extremely loud where I wake up the neighbors at a cold start in the morning.
    Any recommendations between Borla, AWE, Magnaflow, Fabspeed, Paragon maybe?

Also headers recommendation would be great too! Thanks!

You are heading down the right path but even wrapped headers will add a whole new dimension of loudness. So how much do you like your neighbors (or better yet how much do they like you?)

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am keeping my NPP….but, Borla sounded great (online)….also online, I heard one called aFe attack sounded good…but, would be nice to have them all in one spot for a “sound off”😊👍🏼

Comment

I just got the AWE track exhaust and it sounds amazing. Best upgrade I have made swapping out the NPP for this. Don't miss the valve option at all.

The car pops/crackles a lot on downshifts and upshifts, the sound is addicting! Cold start is a terror and outright loud (and has some pops on start up) but gets milder after a few seconds. I remote start the car in the garage in the mornings for work and then remote open the garage after a few seconds after the noise settles down.

Surprisingly there is no drone with the track exhaust inside the cabin even on the highway (cabin is insulated very well) and I can listen to music or have a conversation still. But when you put the pedal down, definitely can feel/hear it!

The exhaust comes with 4 simulators for the AFM valves and NPP valves and gets rid of all check engine codes and soft codes. Had the dealer install it for me. No issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Twaysirs View Post
          I just got the AWE track exhaust and it sounds amazing. Best upgrade I have made swapping out the NPP for this. Don't miss the valve option at all.

The car pops/crackles a lot on downshifts and upshifts, the sound is addicting! Cold start is a terror and outright loud (and has some pops on start up) but gets milder after a few seconds. I remote start the car in the garage in the mornings for work and then remote open the garage after a few seconds after the noise settles down.

Surprisingly there is no drone with the track exhaust inside the cabin even on the highway (cabin is insulated very well) and I can listen to music or have a conversation still. But when you put the pedal down, definitely can feel/hear it!

The exhaust comes with 4 simulators for the AFM valves and NPP valves and gets rid of all check engine codes and soft codes. Had the dealer install it for me. No issues.
          Sounds good. I was about to pick Fabspeed or Borla, as I believe those are the only ones with heat shielding AND thorough heat testing. What is your experience?
          Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post

Sounds good. I was about to pick Fabspeed or Borla, as I believe those are the only ones with heat shielding AND thorough heat testing. What is your experience?
            Yeah, that was one of my initial concerns as well.
            That said, I haven't ran into any heat issues . Only thing that is really back there that gets hot is the rear trunk compartment, but that was getting hot prior to swapping exhausts.

I may get a heating blanket and wrap the outside of the fabric liner to address this.
            Horsepower obsessed on YouTube did this and was able to reduce Temps in the trunk significantly.

Comment

If I were heading down a path of skipping the NPP valves, which I wouldn't, I'd look at the Paragon exhaust. Light weight, has some muffling, and the selection of tip colors is a nice touch. Currently less than $2k.
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I have just learned that Soul Performance has gone great lenghts to heat shield as well. Listened to the sport cats and cat-back combo (non-NPP) which totals 6K. That is WILD sound!!!
                Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Comment

MagnaFlow xMOD for the C8:

Extensive testing of the exhaust system and 3D scans of the entire vehicle led to improvements in the design of the heat shielding, including using custom CNC-produced aluminum shielding to draw heat away more quickly, as well as three custom-made heat shield wraps for the hottest sections of the system. The exhaust kit features a multi-metal design incorporating several grades of stainless steel, with grade 304 used most prominently. This is because 304 stainless steel blues nicely when exposed to heat, which is desirable in an exhaust system that is as visible as the one on your C8 Corvette. Exhaust kit #19545 features a direct-fit design and is engineered to bolt on easily for hassle-free installation.

https://www.makperformance.com/magna...st-system.html

Comment

I’ve ordered my Borla Atak today. Though my car won’t be built till 6/21. Estimated delivery on Borla Exhaust is 7/29 so plenty of time to break in before I put on exhaust. Will add high wing at same time to save having to remove back end of car twice.

Comment

I've had Borla products before. First class materials and workmanship, and what is essentially a lifetime warranty (1 million miles). There's a guy in our Corvette club whose son's Borla system on an old Mustang was showing some corrosion. It was probably 7 or 8 years old, and Borla replaced it without question. But the Borla system for the C8 is too rich for my blood.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I had Hennessey installed by Hennessey 6 mos.ago. Very deep and throaty. Just exactly what I wanted. Lifetime warranty. Doubt Hennessey will go out of business. His son-in law, Alex will take over when John has had enough and decides to retire. Many, many years to go though.

Comment

Here is the thing, I really want it as raspy as possible and the more pops and cracks the better. Would you agree that I will get the best result actually having NPP but then getting aome Soul or Fabspeed sports cats?? I like the sould of the Soul ones the best (video only, so can’t tell for sure) and it seems they are street legal (also in California) as opposed to Fabspeed’s sport cats.

Changing cat-back only will give you a deeper sound. More burble. But less raspy, almost hysterical, sound🤘

Comment

Here is the thing, I really want it as raspy as possible and the more pops and cracks the better. Would you agree that I will get the best result actually having NPP but then getting aome Soul or Fabspeed sports cats?? I like the sould of the Soul ones the best (video only, so can’t tell for sure) and it seems they are street legal (also in California) as opposed to Fabspeed’s sport cats.

Changing cat-back only will give you a deeper sound. More burble. But less raspy, almost hysterical, sound🤘
                            Well, I'm in the same boat. I already possess 2M CATs, but frankly, I'm very concerned that this will be a potential warranty issue.
                            '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

I dont know which brand is best etc yet my advice is not ignore the heat shielding aspect of each system.

Long term insufficient heat shielding can cause massive havoc.

im not usually a guy saying the sky is falling so take my suggestion to heart.

good luck deciding

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X