Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

C8 Procharger kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Procharger kit

under $13,000 , uses Meth with tank, Timing box, Installation does NOT require removal of engine, but the kit does set the check engine light ( Stock ECU see's too much air ) 8-9 lbs boost +200 hp
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

13 grand plus installation and this kit sets check engine light.

just sell current corvette stingray and pony up for the factory hotrod Z06.

the warranty on the z06 even for track work males it a better deal.

slip a belt on the pro charger has to be a *****..

Comment

My concern about +200 HP is what about the reliability of all related powertrain parts, e.g., DCT, half shafts, bearings, eLSD, etc.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        My concern about +200 HP is what about the reliability of all related powertrain parts, e.g., DCT, half shafts, bearings, eLSD, etc.
        I think we've seen how that goes on Emelia's car. One of the first things she did was change out the axles and her clutches were slipping somewhere in the neighborhood of 700ish ponies until she got the new clutch packs from Cicio.

Comment

I know that nobody is able to properly tune this beast yet, and the aftermarket will eventually get there like it always has, but no way in hell I'm paying $13,000 to turn on my check engine light!

That's unacceptable to me unless I only plan on tracking the car and don't car about streetability, warranty, etc.

Comment

I think Speed Wrenches will alway look for things add on for more HP.

Those days are over for me, if I want a 700 HP Car, I’ll start off by buying a 700 HP Car.
            Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

This makes no sense. Sure do some mods to personalize or add 30 HP. Then save up for the ZO6 or ZR1. Add 200 HP and you need suspension,brakes,transmission,cooling,axles,..... .. And you end up with a car that is at most worth a stock price or likely a hard sell and worth less. Yes it is an interesting hobby but a financial mistake.

Comment

When a powertrain part goes south and dealer requests warranty approval, while the Service Manager used to be able to make those decisions alone, now everything over a certain amount ( $100?) needs a review and approval first of the Regional Warranty Approval Approval (RWAS). Part of the two pieces of information the RWAS must receive from the dealer prior to making that determination, is the measurement from the ECU as to the maximum horsepower and torque that powertrain has ever been subjected to, and, how many times the ECU has been flashed (beyond GM’s software updates).

So after seeing that ECU data the RWAS says to the dealership Service Manager and in turn to the customer, so you want the eLSD replaced and we see this powertrain has been subjected to 650 HP where it is rated to 570 HP maximum? “Sorry Charlie.”

As our Busa Dave correctly IMO repeatedly states, “if you play, you need to be prepared to pay. The days of roughly 2 1/2+ years ago where the dealership could go wink, wink when a customer known to drag race every weekend on nitrous would blow a motor and get it warranty replaced, especially with that customer annually buying three new pick ups yearly from that dealership, since the new RWAS approval standards were implemented including those two ECU measurements being now required to be reviewed, once again, “Sorry Charlie” is a term heard much more frequently since.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

$20k kit with installation and the trans upgrade. The lack of a real tune is a problem at that price level.
                  2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Only makes sense if YouTube is paying for it.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

John

On one hand, doing the “wink, wink” the dealer was satisfying their customer. Money that’s not coming out of the customers pockets, helps to satisfy said customer and make a return customer. Multiply this by every dealer in the country and by every multiple car purchase return customer, and one can easily see how many millions of $$ are being lost by GM. In turn, this loss of revenue must be recaptured. One way to recapture said lost revenue is an increase in cost of replacement OEM parts coupled with having a RWAS. Unfortunately, too many people had taken advantage of the warranty system right, wrong or indifferent, leading us to where we are. In the final analysis, it will end up saving consumers $$ on one hand while concomitantly forcing us to spend more $$ on the other. But, in the end, big Corporations such as GM, are really the only winner in situations such as these.
                      07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

Wow, interesting response to the Procharger kit. Kinda funny, guys here spend $5,000 for ceramic coatings, and film protection , $4,500 for
                        “ ground effects” add on’s which are not effective. But, jump all over the guys that love to mod their cars with more horsepower.
                        just sayin, Your opinion counts also.
                        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                          Wow, interesting response to the Procharger kit. Kinda funny, guys here spend $5,000 for ceramic coatings, and film protection , $4,500 for
                          “ ground effects” add on’s which are not effective. But, jump all over the guys that love to mod their cars with more horsepower.
                          just sayin, Your opinion counts also.
                          Don't sweat it, it's your car, Mod it anyway you want. Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway. 👍
                          Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Don't sweat it, it's your car, Mod it anyway you want. Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway. 👍
                            True dat,, we are not doing any horsepower mods to our C8. But we have done a scan of the pickup points of the suspension to see what camber, caster, and toe are doing in bump and rebound. We have a few ideas to try on the front suspension . We are more interested in making handling upgrades then adding horsepower right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              13 grand plus installation and this kit sets check engine light.

just sell current corvette stingray and pony up for the factory hotrod Z06.

the warranty on the z06 even for track work males it a better deal.

slip a belt on the pro charger has to be a *****..

Just why I bought two C7 Z06's. Complete Magnuson blower kit , 95 mm tb ported snout and 2 inch American Racing headers, Choice of intakes. Tune and complete stock like dependability. Only better runs cooler and power is in another league. less then 8k DIY plus the Engine is the most robust. Safe to over 1000 hp tranny included.
                              Should have no problem pulling away front the C8 z06 as well!
                              I wouldn't modify a car that cannot be tuned!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X