Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

C8 Clutch Upgrade NOW AVAILABLE @ Cicio Performance!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Clutch Upgrade NOW AVAILABLE @ Cicio Performance!!!

The wait is finally coming to an end as the world's first turn key solution for the C8 Corvette clutch is finally available! With almost a year of R&D and testing we are extremely excited to be able to offer both dealers and individuals the Dodson Superstock Clutch for the C8 Corvette!

Currently taking preorders with expectations for the first clutches to ship in 2-3 weeks!

Retail Price: $4299.95

Dodson C8 Clutch Webstore Link
    *Limited Quantities Available*

Dodson Motorsport are no strangers to blazing the trail when it comes to dual clutch transmissions and components which is exactly why Dodson are the world leader in aftermarket DCT components for high end performance vehicles. From GT-R, McLaren, Porsche, BMW, and more they lead the world in aftermarket solutions to put power to the pavement through dual clutch transmissions. Those who follow us closely know that we started working with Dodson early on in 2020 to provide C8 transmission solutions starting with the clutch. Unfortunately 2020 reared its ugly head which put an extraordinary delay on the manufacturing process. However 2021 is here and so are the C8 clutches!

Many that have pushed these cars, whether it be with turbo kits or nitrous, have already found the limit of the factory clutch pack. On the small stock side we start seeing them slip between shifts in the low 600s TQ. That means if you want to do a large bolt on build with maybe a little nitrous, a turbo kit, or a nice supercharger, that you will end up past the limit of the stock clutches.
    The Dodson Superstock clutch however adds two full frictions to the clutch stack resulting in an increased surface area of more than 30% over the stock clutches. The inside basket or “small basket” has 6 frictions total that make up the stock unit. Dodson increases the small stack to 8 frictions while maintaining a thickness integrity to ensure a long lifespan and reliability. The outside or “large stack” uses a 5 disc stack from the factory which is increased to 7 in the Dodson Superstock unit! What does that mean to you? Well the small stack increase of friction area is just over 33% while the large stack is just under a 40% increase. Don’t forget that the high performance frictions Dodson produces also have 3-5% more holding force than the factory materials. Dodson is approximately rating the clutch at a very conservative 800wtq with the thought that it’s always best to under promise and over deliver.

Please also keep in mind that sometimes with DCT clutches the drivability is just as important as the extra power being held. Especially with the C8 where we currently don’t have control of tuning the TCM yet. A lot of the time this is where the men are separated from the boys in the DCT drivability world. While some manufacturers may produce a clutch with thinner disks and steels to fit in the basket, that doesn’t mean it’s going to drive well at all. In fact most of the time it is the exact opposite with very notchy rollout and flared shifting. Dodson tested their C8 clutch in their own car over and over and over to find the best performance upgrade while maintaining the closest to stock like drivability possible. The result is a level 1 style clutch upgrade that we’ve all been craving for a while when it comes to the C8; a performance upgrade without giving up any creature comforts!

We are very proud to be able to offer in house build services for all of these units! We require your core clutch in order to be upgraded, however rather than sending your clutch to Dodson we do the upgrade here in house at Cicio Performance! Not only does that drastically reduce turnaround time but it also reduces any risk of sending and/or losing parts overseas. We are currently the only facility in the world with the privilege of offering that service! Once we have materials in stock turn around times will be less than 48 hours with expedite options available.

Stock clutch:
    • Small: 6 Plates
    • Large: 5 Plates
    Dodson Clutch:
    • Small: 8 Plates (2 extra ~ 33% increase)
    • Large: 7 Plates (2 extra ~ 40% increase)

*** This clutch upgrade does utilize the factory clutch core so we will need that provided ***

*Dealer pricing is available please contact us for details*

Last edited by Cicio Performance; 01-12-2021, 11:47 AM.

I assume as a daily driver this is not recommended. It is for racing only, correct?

Comment

These clutches look to be very easy to overhaul. Are the clutch plates going to be be available separately? Along with the piston seals? Is the pressure plate and snap ring different thickness as well? Are there any wavy plates in there? There will be a few more chances to beef the DCT up if you could get into the computer. Upping the pressure would get better holding power and a little more fluid flow for cooling which would be beneficial with higher torque applications. By that time however Tremec will have a beefier unit for the Z06 and up but that DCT swap will be big bucks. Let me know if the parts are available separately.
      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post
        I assume as a daily driver this is not recommended. It is for racing only, correct?
        The clutch is 100% daily driver friendly. It is a very minor upgrade and still drives 95% as good as stock. If you are making the power to justify a clutch, adding this will most certainly not give you any daily driver friendly issues

Comment

Originally posted by Neil H View Post
          These clutches look to be very easy to overhaul. Are the clutch plates going to be be available separately? Along with the piston seals? Is the pressure plate and snap ring different thickness as well? Are there any wavy plates in there? There will be a few more chances to beef the DCT up if you could get into the computer. Upping the pressure would get better holding power and a little more fluid flow for cooling which would be beneficial with higher torque applications. By that time however Tremec will have a beefier unit for the Z06 and up but that DCT swap will be big bucks. Let me know if the parts are available separately.
          Good question.

As of right now sending clutch parts to individuals isn't in the plans for Dodson. There is a bit too much risk in that and quality control is very important. Even I had to have techs go through specific training with Dodson to install them even tho we have been working on things like this for over a decade. There is zero labor charged for the actual clutch building by myself or Dodson. The price is for the clutch parts and labor is free, meaning even if they were sold separately you wouldn't save any money. But they are not and don't really plan to be.

As for the clutch pressures you are 100% correct, however on the stock 5/6 setup that is only going to get you so far. We see this on the 911, GT-R and McLaren where we can up the pressures but on the stock configuration that only gets us about 5-8% more clamp.

~Cicio

Comment

First production unit going in the car today! Turbo kit install next week.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cicio Performance View Post

The clutch is 100% daily driver friendly. It is a very minor upgrade and still drives 95% as good as stock. If you are making the power to justify a clutch, adding this will most certainly not give you any daily driver friendly issues
              Can you explain what you mean by "drives 95% as good as stock ".
              Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-C8 View Post

Can you explain what you mean by "drives 95% as good as stock ".
                Since the clutches are stronger that the factory unit the clamp down on shifts might feel slightly stronger than the factory unit.

That being said we have used several of these 8 plate clutches in the Porsches and GT-R'sthat we work on and they feel identical to factory in my opinion.

The 95% comment was just in case that one person finds it slightly rougher and comes back and says its not 100% the same.

My guess is most people won't even feel the difference...

Thanks
                Andrew
                Andrew Pasik

Sales | Cicio Performance

Phone: 678.297.7770 ext 106

http://www.cicioperformance.com

Comment

Dodson does good work. Back in my GT-R days, they were the go-to for DCT upgrades. Curious if they'll be coming out with a first gear or drop gear upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                    Dodson does good work. Back in my GT-R days, they were the go-to for DCT upgrades. Curious if they'll be coming out with a first gear or drop gear upgrade.
                    There will be all kinds of trans upgrades coming from Dodson. This is jus the tip of the iceberg for sure!

Thanks
                    Andrew
                    Andrew Pasik

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Since the clutches are stronger that the factory unit the clamp down on shifts might feel slightly stronger than the factory unit.

That being said we have used several of these 8 plate clutches in the Porsches and GT-R'sthat we work on and they feel identical to factory in my opinion.

The 95% comment was just in case that one person finds it slightly rougher and comes back and says its not 100% the same.

My guess is most people won't even feel the difference...

Thanks
                      Andrew
                      Thanks Andrew, I ordered your clutches last week through Alex Peitz. He is installing his TT kit on my C8 and we are adding your Dodson/Cicio clutches... really excited about the whole upgrade and hoping your clutches will allow over 650whp!!
                      Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

Comment

Thanks Andrew, I ordered your clutches last week through Alex Peitz. He is installing his TT kit on my C8 and we are adding your Dodson/Cicio clutches... really excited about the whole upgrade and hoping your clutches will allow over 650whp!!
                        HTC with twins. We need a build thread and photos for this endeavor!
                        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

We received that order! Thanks for the business! We will get it turned around for you ASAP so you can enjoy that TT kit. Alex is a great guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

HTC with twins. We need a build thread and photos for this endeavor!
                            There should be some photos of the install on this thread but I will try to add more. Removing and installing the clutch is a pretty straightforward thing luckily.

Thanks
                            Andrew
                            Andrew Pasik

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

There should be some photos of the install on this thread but I will try to add more. Removing and installing the clutch is a pretty straightforward thing luckily.

Thanks
                              Andrew
                              I trust you'll post DCT pictures, but I'd also like to see the twins installation in an HTC and didn't want to take away from your thread. The coupe appears to have more room for turbos, so an HTC introduces new challenges. That's why I asked Matt-C8 for a new thread on the build.
                              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X