Valve Spring Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Spring Costs

Regardless of warranty coverage, does anyone have an experienced estimate of approximately what it should cost to have all 16 valve springs and seals replaced by a certified Corvette mechanic?
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
    '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

i would need 10-12 hours of labor for all 16 springs
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

If you're looking for a quote out of warranty, you'd need the dealer's shop rate. They vary. You would be doing this out of warranty if you chose aftermarket springs, which I mentioned in another thread. I would not even go near a dealer but take it to a Corvette shop. The dealer is not going to install non OEM parts and might not even do it if you're willing to pay the shop rate. One such specialty shop in my area (Phoenix) is CPR. I think they already have one C8 that the shop owns and maybe already two. A specialty shop is going to beat a dealer's shop rate, and, unless you know the dealer works on Corvettes they might not have a tech dedicated to Corvettes anyway, but you asked for a Corvette tech.

The Phoenix shop or one like it could probably give you an accurate estimate and know what they're doing. From my experience, I'm going to say 6-8 hours by what I see only from pics. It needs to be done on a lift; it's going to be up and down at least 8 times. Each cylinder will have to be pressurized through the spark plug access from the bottom, then change both springs from the top, then next cylinder. I cannot say for sure as I've not seen one from the bottom. If the plugs are not easily accessible then 6 to 8 hrs could be light. Again, from what I've seen in pics the top part should be easy but for all that leaning over the painted rear quarter panels (glad I'm 6'5"...lol).
      Last edited by Acta Non Verba; 10-13-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
        Regardless of warranty coverage, does anyone have an experienced estimate of approximately what it should cost to have all 16 valve springs and seals replaced by a certified Corvette mechanic?
        My dealer quoted $3800.00.
        SGM/3LT/Z51/MAG/LIFT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X