MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Keith Cornett/“CorvetteBlogger”

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...er-2020-el5mlj Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1.  GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2.  Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3.  2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4.  Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5.  EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6.  2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7.  Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8.  What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9.  Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Stock wheels with stock all season tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock wheels with stock all season tires

Does anyone have any idea what they are worth with almost no miles on them? Going to get aftermarket wheels for sure, but thinking of going up to 20"/21" with new tires of course, so will sell the factory set. I still have a few months, just planning ahead.
    2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic riding on aftermarket wheels 😎

Which wheels might you be selling? Confirming please, are they the silver ones or the black ones?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

They would be the silver ones
      2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic riding on aftermarket wheels 😎

Comment

Do all 2020 2021 vettes come with run flat tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickhlm View Post
          Do all 2020 2021 vettes come with run flat tires?
          Yes.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post
            Does anyone have any idea what they are worth with almost no miles on them? Going to get aftermarket wheels for sure, but thinking of going up to 20"/21" with new tires of course, so will sell the factory set. I still have a few months, just planning ahead.
            I'll give you my opinion...

If I was buying, which I might for a set of winter rims/tires in the future, I'd be looking to pay $1,000. I would consider that a great deal for wheels, TPMS and tires.

Now if I was selling, I would "want" $2,000. The thinking being that the tires are $500 each brand new, no one really wants the stock silver rims (which should be all over the internet in 12 months for sale), or nobody wants to pay much for the rims, and the TPMS gets thrown in.

I'd probably have to get lucky buy the set for $1,000 off "some well-off guy" who just bought all new, different rims and tires, and is happy to get whatever he can for the stock set.

Now that I think about, that "well-off guy" would probably wan't to keep his TPMS for his next set. So I may have to pay $1,000 for just the tires and wheels, and then find aftermarket TPMS or a used set on Ebay.

My $0.02, for what it is worth (may not even be worth the two cents).

One reason I think the stock silver rims will be ubiquitously for sale - I considered myself just paying zero $'s for a wheel upgrade (vs. paying the $1,000 for the black flash paint upgrade) in order to put that money towards an aftermarket set.

What are you thoughts? (what were you hoping to get?)

Comment

Originally posted by Todds911 View Post

I'll give you my opinion...

If I was buying, which I might for a set of winter rims/tires in the future, I'd be looking to pay $1,000. I would consider that a great deal for wheels, TPMS and tires.

Now if I was selling, I would "want" $2,000. The thinking being that the tires are $500 each brand new, no one really wants the stock silver rims (which should be all over the internet in 12 months for sale), or nobody wants to pay much for the rims, and the TPMS gets thrown in.

I'd probably have to get lucky buy the set for $1,000 off "some well-off guy" who just bought all new, different rims and tires, and is happy to get whatever he can for the stock set.

Now that I think about, that "well-off guy" would probably wan't to keep his TPMS for his next set. So I may have to pay $1,000 for just the tires and wheels, and then find aftermarket TPMS or a used set on Ebay.

My $0.02, for what it is worth (may not even be worth the two cents).

One reason I think the stock silver rims will be ubiquitously for sale - I considered myself just paying zero $'s for a wheel upgrade (vs. paying the $1,000 for the black flash paint upgrade) in order to put that money towards an aftermarket set.

Thanks for your opinion, you are correct on what I THINK they are worth ($2k), since they will have less than 50 miles on them if my aftermarket wheels are ready after I take delivery of car. Yes, I would like to get as much as possible, but it depends on what people are willing to pay? I'm still deciding if I want to go 20/21" with new tires or stay with 19/20" and use stock tires and TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post

Thanks for your opinion, you are correct on what I THINK they are worth ($2k), since they will have less than 50 miles on them if my aftermarket wheels are ready after I take delivery of car. Yes, I would like to get as much as possible, but it depends on what people are willing to pay? I'm still deciding if I want to go 20/21" with new tires or stay with 19/20" and use stock tires and TPMS.
                I think $2k is fair. People will be asking for more given the "OEM cost to buy" the wheels and tires.

Have a link to the wheels that you are considering?

It looks good to fill up the wheel gap a bit, but there are a lot of hidden costs to changing the size of OEM wheels. I know from experience as I did it with my son's Mini Cooper. Small consideration is the speedometer accuracy, the TPMS spinning past the sensor at a different distance, ride feel on larger rims, lower profile tires, etc. But it is certainly doable and you wouldn't be the first.

Comment

Your factory wheels with TPMS and all seasons is a great no fuss bolt on solution for the Z51 owner up north who wants to drive in the colder months.

Comment

Another consideration regarding the All Season EO tires, they do complain a lot (squeal) in my experience.

I can take the same curves in my area more aggressively with my C7's OE Summer tires with no squealing.

I'm looking forward to ditching these all seasons as soon as they are due for replacement.
                    My C8:
                    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The thinking being that the tires are $500 each brand new
                      Tire Rack is selling the tires for $255 each. I paid 500 Canadian with shipping.
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                        Tire Rack is selling the tires for $255 each. I paid 500 Canadian with shipping.
                        I was talking CAD! Isn't this a Canadian Forum? Just kidding! : )

Comment

I agree that the value of base silver wheels is falling as more people buy aftermarket wheels. Currently, there are 3 sets for sale on another board.

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

I

Have a link to the wheels that you are looking at?.
                            I am looking at BC Forged multi-piece wheels, haven't nailed down my final choice yet, there are so many wheel designs and color options. I'm on wheel overload 🙄

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X