MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

Check Your Lug Nut Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verboten View Post
    The Porsche center nut wrench is $2000.
    Just one of many reasons that I only buy Chevrolets!
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model 3, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
    2020 C8 - ELB Event Status 6000. Home!

Comment

It's amazing what a brand name can do for you, or not.

Comment

The Porsche center nut wrench is $2000.
        Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post

Just one of many reasons that I only buy Chevrolets!
        The center lock wheels / hubs ARE an option. The standard wheels use 5 regular lugs and a regular torque wrench like almost every other car.

The center lock wheel options costs something like $4 or $5000, so I guess if you can justify that you can justify the torque wrench. Or letting the dealer deal with it. I doubt many independent tire shops will be able to help you, though.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I did this today with about 700 miles on the car and several of the lugs were way under 140 lb ft. Glad I read about it here, otherwise I would not have done it.

Comment

I encourage lug nuts to be first check no more than 100 miles if at all possible. I realize that with Museum Delivery that is impossible, but for all the rest...
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X