MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Lowering Non-Z51 C8....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Non-Z51 C8....

Click image for larger version

Name:	61464FB1-01F3-48F6-94BE-008228578851.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	160475 Since there are still no good solutions out yet to utilize the existing suspension on the non-Z51 C8 (ie lowering springs) I decided since my C8 was equipped with the front lift, I’d start with the Cicio 1” lowering collars. In the rear, since the non-Z51 shocks are not adjustable - but the Z51s FE3 shocks are - why not just try the logical choice and swap them out? Through GM they are cheap enough to try (approx $150/corner) and depending on how/if the ride changes substantially, we can always swap the front out as well - even though the likely scenario will be to go with a custom set of coilovers eventually anyways. I have new custom wheels been made so I wanted to get this worked out first because pretty much all of the 20/21” setups I’ve seen on stock suspension setting have looked like 4x4s, I had to tackle this first.

Stay tuned! And also (finally) picking up my car from getting the first prototype exhaust completed from a local manufacturer in Houston tomorrow after about a month straight of R&D and can’t wait (will share more in a separate thread on that soon). Just the teaser sound clip I got today has me super excited...

Take care and stay safe out there!

BZ

Last edited by bzabodyn; 06-30-2020, 10:30 PM.

Sounds like a plan. Do post that auduble video when you get your exhaust done, can't wait to hear it

Comment

Excellent thought process, hoping it goes well. Please keep us up to date with your progress.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Very clever solution!

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
          Sounds like a plan. Do post that auduble video when you get your exhaust done, can't wait to hear it
          Message me your cell number and I’ll send you a teaser vid. Unfortunately can’t upload videos directly to here from my phone.

BZ

Comment

Good ideas bzabodyn. We look forward to your future reports on your progress. Could you please re-load your picture for only the top half is visible (at least to me).

Can’t wait to see how these two projects of yours unfold!
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Good ideas bzabodyn. We look forward to your future reports on your progress. Could you please re-load your picture for only the top half is visible (at least to me).

I flipped it and reposted. Hope it shows up better.

Many more projects than just these two... 😉

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	61464FB1-01F3-48F6-94BE-008228578851.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.79 MB ID:	160475
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

So what exactly did you do to lower the car? You got FE3 shock bodies that have the adjustable perches and you put your existing coils on them? And the Cicio lowering collar's for the front, I assume you have the front lift?
                  Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                    So what exactly did you do to lower the car? You got FE3 shock bodies that have the adjustable perches and you put your existing coils on them? And the Cicio lowering collar's for the front, I assume you have the front lift?
                    Correct all around. I haven’t been able to make the schedule work with my mechanic until next Tuesday so will post updates and any issues/etc once installed and tested. I know there is at least a couple others in the process of doing the same thing. One is swapping the front shocks also.

Comment

I'm curious to see how the FE3 shocks work with the softer FE1 springs and anti-roll bar, and how the front / rear balance turns out.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Is it not just possible to just get shorter coils and replace the stock coils to lower it? Or has no one come out with shorter lowering coils yet?
                        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                          Is it not just possible to just get shorter coils and replace the stock coils to lower it? Or has no one come out with shorter lowering coils yet?
                          There are no lowering springs available separately at this time so this is a cheap “experiment” more than anything while we wait for other alternatives.

BZ

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                            I'm curious to see how the FE3 shocks work with the softer FE1 springs and anti-roll bar, and how the front / rear balance turns out.
                            Exactly what we’re testing here. Going to swap one thing out at a time and see what the results are before changing the next thing.

Comment

We know the difference in spring rates from base to Z51:

Base - 180 f / 217 r
                              z51 - 226 f / 263 r

and that the rear bar in the Z51 is slightly larger by 2.7mm...

what we don’t know is specifics on the valving of the shocks. If they are what I’ve been told, they’re nearly identical minus the adjustability but we shall see. I’m ok with a slightly over-damped setup than the other way around.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X