MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Keith Cornett/“CorvetteBlogger”

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...er-2020-el5mlj Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1.  GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2.  Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3.  2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4.  Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5.  EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6.  2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7.  Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8.  What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9.  Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

GM TechLink: PDI Inspection Tips For Dealership Technicians

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

According to page 25 of the Infotainment System Manual that slot is used only for the navigation application and the SD card is "married" to the car. Meaning it cant be used with any other C8 or GM vehicle. Once its "initialized" to your car its permanent. And it cant be used for anything other than the navigation app. According to page 35 the map data is periodically updated through OTA updates. When an update is available the system will let you know and you have to "accept" for it to download.
    Seems weird that it is that accessible. Oh well, thanks for that.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

And note that "a data plan or compatible mobile device hotspot is required" to download the update. If you don't have either of those? Maybe get the update at the dealer? Better hope it's not too big.
      Elsewhere it was reported that if you have WiFi in your house (and your car is close enough) you can connect the car to your home wifi to download updates.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

And note that "a data plan or compatible mobile device hotspot is required" to download the update. If you don't have either of those? Maybe get the update at the dealer? Better hope it's not too big.
        Just tether you’re cell phone to it or make sure you have at least enough data with the plan in the car. You can also connect to the WiFi in your house so when you’re at home it will update.

Comment

Just tether you’re cell phone to it or make sure you have at least enough data with the plan in the car. You can also connect to the WiFi in your house so when you’re at home it will update.
          Correct.. I connected my car to my wi-fi at home and now can get updates and also use my phone/Bluetooth to play music when im in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Elsewhere it was reported that if you have WiFi in your house (and your car is close enough) you can connect the car to your home wifi to download updates.
            Thanks for the suggestion, but no cell phone so tethering won't work.

I recall reading about connecting to home WiFi but I've specifically set up mine to minimize the chance of signal leakage outside of the home, i.e. to neighbors etc, so I'm not sure how well that's going to work. We'll see -- if I ever get my car.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              I found this interesting

Does this mean that the map database is on an SD card, and not updatable OTA? Does it mean the SD card slot can't be used for music, or if you put a different SD card in there you lose nav? Or is the Nav SD card a one-time thing for loading maps in once? (But in that case, why wouldn't this be done at the factory?
              Based on this photo, it appears the card must remain inserted. Pretty weird system. I figured I could u se that slot for music, but apparently I have to use one of only 2 USB sockets. Poor design on GM's part. Never thought I'd need a USB hub in a car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	65968630_2bde_4e63_86c1_c0b7365d0c37_fc5c2706d40be65a52a5866ab4821d01dac1d52a.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	135989
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Maybe the SD card is left in to take advantage of OTA updates.
                TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X