MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Takes Down CTS-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Takes Down CTS-V

What 495 HP faster than 640 HP, with 470 TQ beating 630 TQ!!!

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for reporting/sharing this news.

Click image for larger version

Name:	173FA55C-CF58-4300-999E-DC865CA458AD.jpeg
Views:	1512
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	131107

Originally posted by RoadandTrack
    Watch the C8 Mid-Engine Corvette Hold Its Own Against a 640-HP Cadillac CTS-V

Horsepower isn't everything.

BY BRIAN SILVESTRO

MAR 25, 2020

With C8 Chevy Corvettes finally getting into customer's hands, we've seen no shortage of dyno testing, modifications, and general shenanigans going on lately with the car. This latest video pits a new Z51-equipped Corvette against a 640-horsepower Cadillac CTS-V, and the results are more surprising than we'd expect.

This generation of CTS-V came from the factory with a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8—the same motor from the last-gen Z06, minus the dry-sump lubrication system. It makes a massive 640 horsepower and 630 lb-ft of torque—a lot more than the 495 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque coming from the 'Vette's naturally aspirated LT2 engine. But as these series of races show, horsepower isn't everything.

This showdown happens on a closed makeshift drag strip that has a bunch of dirt and other loose material on the ground, making traction for both cars a struggle. But the Corvette's mid-engine layout means more weight on the driven wheels, allowing for better launches off the line. It's enough to beat out the Cadillac in one drag—**** impressive considering the horsepower gap.
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...s-v-drag-race/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Traction = hooking up = accelerating fast = a mid engine.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Love that CTS-V. Too bad they couldn't provide it with all season tires. Gotta powerful XTSvsport. Perfect, except going in for a O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1 tomorrow. Thats my suspect anyway. Service engine soon, dummy came on.

Comment

A friend had a CTS-V wagon with manual transmission and all wheel drive. He sold it before I even knew it was for sale. I wish I had bought it.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Quote" closed makeshift drag strip that has a bunch of dirt and other loose material on the ground, making traction for both cars a struggle"

Since when is that called a non biased way of comparing 2 cars, when is it a rag standard to run on a road and call it drag racing results ?
          Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
          1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

CTS-V =4168 lbs 2020 Stingray = 3647 lbs
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Since when is that called a non biased way of comparing 2 cars, when is it a rag standard to run on a road and call it drag racing results ?
              When it was 1968 on Woodward Ave. and two stock muscles cars duked it out. One got bragging rights, the other slinked on home.
              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                CTS-V =4168 lbs 2020 Stingray = 3647 lbs
                From the dig the Stingray has in low a 14-1 over all gearing it can use full pedal and go. The CTSV has more weight and less traction and less gear.
                Hiway runs negate the traction advantage from the C8.
                The C8 will surprise a lot of cars from the dig!

Comment

Apples and Oranges...don't understand the point?

Not remotely similar cars.
                  Recently sold:
                  Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Like they say. Mid Engine "Spinning ain't winning"

Comment

This was not obviously an official/sanctioned event.
                      It was just a couple of guys having fun.
                      It was virtually a closed course, no one else around and they didn't get to very high speeds.
                      It was just for fun, to get some adrenaline and testosterone pumping and to keep some social interaction -- although they didn't quite maintain the 6 foot distancing.
                      Not "Apples to Apples" or "Non-biased" for sure but it never was meant to be.
                      I'm sure most on our forum will do something like this and I hope we all use a great deal of common sense so no-one gets hurt.

This is one of our highly-envied North American traditions that the rest of the world can only dream of one day being able to do.

So the "loser" has to buy the beer and take some ribbing, but next week it will be someone else's turn.

I think we can all toss a beer 6 feet to keep our physical distancing while maintaining our so important social interactions.
                      And, of course, remember to disinfect the beer can/bottle and our hands first and keep the crowd size less than the recommended size.

Also, remember to keep your stick on the ice and quit touching your mucous membranes, FCOL!
                      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Very cool. The C8 is just MADE for 0-60 something acceleration and the twisty's. My kind of machine !! Hopefully they'll build me one soon. I am getting cabin fever bad.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X