MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Touring Laps NCM Motorsports Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touring Laps NCM Motorsports Park

Recently I have done the touring laps at NCM Motorsports Park with my Base model 2006 Vette and it was quite an experience. I do not normally do any tracking of the car and I will probably only do something similar to this with my 2020 Z51 Vette. The touring laps venue is follow a lead car with your own car for 4 laps but you can really get up to speed depending on who is in the group.
    My question is with the DCT requirement for additional fluid if you are going to race the car on the track will it be required for someone that only does the touring laps at NCM Motorsports Park once in a blue moon???
    I am looking forward to seeing the difference between the 2006 Vette and the 2020 Vette on the track. I would imagine the Z51 Package will make quite a difference.
    2020 2LT G1E Long Beach Red,HUL Adrenaline Red,TU7 Two -Tone Seats,GT2 Seats,DRG,Q8Q Carbon Flash Whls,RXJ Black Stingray Logo,E60 Front Lift,FE4 Suspension,Z51 Performance Padkage,J6N Edge Red Caliper,ZYC Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Spoiler.

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

The 2020 Z51 should be plenty capable of handling touring laps without any track prep. Sustained high performance tracking is an entirely different animal.

Comment

Thanks capevettes for the reply.
      2020 2LT G1E Long Beach Red,HUL Adrenaline Red,TU7 Two -Tone Seats,GT2 Seats,DRG,Q8Q Carbon Flash Whls,RXJ Black Stingray Logo,E60 Front Lift,FE4 Suspension,Z51 Performance Padkage,J6N Edge Red Caliper,ZYC Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Spoiler.

Comment

Somewhere I saw a comment from GM saying what capevettes said. That the additional fill was required for racing and hard core track days, not for an occasional HPDE or paced laps.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I believe your going to see a world of difference. The C8 should perform like it's on rails compared to the 06.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by 71 Vette View Post
            Recently I have done the touring laps at NCM Motorsports Park with my Base model 2006 Vette and it was quite an experience. I do not normally do any tracking of the car and I will probably only do something similar to this with my 2020 Z51 Vette. The touring laps venue is follow a lead car with your own car for 4 laps but you can really get up to speed depending on who is in the group.
            My question is with the DCT requirement for additional fluid if you are going to race the car on the track will it be required for someone that only does the touring laps at NCM Motorsports Park once in a blue moon???
            I am looking forward to seeing the difference between the 2006 Vette and the 2020 Vette on the track. I would imagine the Z51 Package will make quite a difference.

How fast did you get? I honesty was considering this when I museum delivered but I didn’t want to do it before break in miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette Direct View Post

How fast did you get? I honesty was considering this when I museum delivered but I didn’t want to do it before break in miles.
              Funny you should ask that question Corvette Direct. To be honest it was my first time on the course so I was concentrating more on just getting around the track and trying to do the right technique. There were only three of us on the track, the lead car, a fellow driving one of the track cars , and me with a base model corvette. It took all I could to keep up with them and I probably got up to 110 + on the straight away. I could feel the difference in the brakes on the last lap. That is why I will be glad when I get the C8 because I will be able to record my time on the track and see exactly what I have done. At any rate it was a blast and I cannot wait to get the C8 on the track for the four laps and see what the difference will be.
              I too am going to do the Museum delivery but I will not be driving my own corvette on the track then. I want to break it in right so I am going to see if I can drive one of the tracks C8 which I understand you can pay to do. I have been to the museum quite a few times so after I break in the C8 I will return and do the track event at that time with my own car.

Comment

When one of our local club members picked up his car at the museum, a group of us when with him. While his was on his private tour, the rest of us did paced laps on the track. The pace drivers will basically go as fast as the slowest car in the group. I had a rather cautious driver ahead of me which held our group back a bit. He said his brakes were starting fade, but I don't think that was really the issue, because he didn't go any faster on the first lap than the last. But nonetheless, we were driving pretty hard: Accelerating a full throttle, going fairly deep into the corners and braking hard, getting pretty good cornering forces.

I'd say we hit about 110 on the main straight. You could easily hit that speed without exceeding the rpm limits, but that's not the real issue. You don't really want to be flooring it during breakin, or getting real hard on the brakes. If you drive hard enough to not slow down the rest of the group, it won't be good for your car. If you go slow enough to be gentle on the car, you'll **** everyone else off. And probably not have that much fun yourself.

If they'll take you out in a group of one, you could do it driving gently, but like I said, not sure you'd find it a lot of fun. 71 has the right idea: rent one of the track's cars.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X