MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Tracking C8 With Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1 VR
    replied
    Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
    i would love to track a C8, just not my C8.

2 words; SPRING MOUNTAIN............your welcome😉

Leave a comment:

• Shepherd777
    replied
    Great news, thanks much John.

Leave a comment:

• jackfrostpdx
    replied
    i would love to track a C8, just not my C8.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Boomer View Post
    So I guess the warranty would not be "100% in tact" with my "non-Z51" C8 but thats OK with me since I have no intentions of tracking it but that is a bit of a surprise.
    I'm guessing it's because they consider the extra cooling in the Z51 a requirement for warranty coverage in this situation. Probably only applies for lapping events etc, autocross doesn't stress the car as much and only for a short time.

Leave a comment:

• Racer86
    replied
    Just my thoughts, yours may differ, but if you are on track and you are worrying about insurance, maybe you should just park it.
    The fact that GM will warranty the car for track use is great, but as usual, crashing it will be your cost to fix.
    Last edited by Racer86; 02-13-2020, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    "We were recently told by GM representatives at the Spring Mountain C8 training that the warranty is 100% in tact if you track your C8 with two requirements... It must be a Z51 equipped car..."

So I guess the warranty would not be "100% in tact" with my "non-Z51" C8 but thats OK with me since I have no intentions of tracking it but that is a bit of a surprise. I don't think thats the way it is with the C7 but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Boomer; 02-13-2020, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Cool info.. i fully expect track prep dealer service to give the c8 z51 a full warranty for track driver events

Leave a comment:

• John
    started a topic Tracking C8 With Warranty

Tracking C8 With Warranty

Want to track your C8, yet concerned that your GM warranty will not be in force? Thanks to the following very helpful folks, we have GM’s answers.

Originally posted by RichieRichZ06
    We were recently told by GM representatives at the Spring Mountain C8 training that the warranty is 100% in tact if you track your C8 with two requirements... It must be a Z51 equipped car and the recommended track prep/maintenance must be performed and followed. That includes the additional fluid in the DCT, following maintenance intervals for engine, trans and brakes and running GM recommended spec'd fluids.
    Rich BTW is the service manager at the extremely able Abel Chevrolet, and a California autocross champ, and a great and helpful person too.

And also thanks to Zymurgy for his quoting Tadge’s response in one of his “Ask Tadge” columns.

[Quote=Tadge=”We are especially proud to say when Chevrolet certifies a car for track performance, we stand behind the warranty - even the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty - even for track use.[/Quote]

HOWEVER, one also needs to be aware that if you have any off track excursions with consequences, your insurance company might well not be in your corner and thus not cover your incident’s consequences. Many who engage in track activities purchase specific track insurance from other than their insurance company for such.

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X