MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Ceramic coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2-b-67L89
    replied
    Originally posted by TXLZ View Post

And last question, I promise. I’m waffling between Orange and black. How much does it impact the wonderful cleaning time on a black car?
    My truck is black and when washing it goes much faster as debris does not adhere to paint as before. Wife’s Tahoe was in airport long term parking for 17 days and had bird stuff on it. Upon arrival at home I took a hose to it and that bird **** seemed to just wash right off.

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-b-67L89
    replied
    Weird question but how long do you need to leave your car to get ceramic coating? I’m doing R8C and curious if it would be feasible to have someone do it immediately after pickup. Have also read some posts that say the museum may start doing it but see nothing on their site. Anyone have any intel on that?

And last question, I promise. I’m waffling between Orange and black. How much does it impact the wonderful cleaning time on a black car?
    Not sure with professional applications! With what I used there are cure times of two hours and then a final cure time of a couple days (no rain). I let my cars sit in sun after application.

Leave a comment:

• TXLZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
    Will you actually drive the car? If so it might cut a week off the cleaning time! Go Orange. I hate cleaning black cars.
    Hahha. Have always owned black cars and was tired of cleaning them so deviated with my new truck and got SGM (big deviation, I know). I figure this is the only thing I would ever buy in a bright color, so why not..... but that shiny black C8 is so sexy

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-b-67L89
    replied
    I'd rather hear it from you! So what kind of prep is required? I'm not thinking of doing my C8, but for my Malibu which is hardly a show car. It's a Turbo 4, but still just our beater that wants to be cared for. lol
    OK, start out with a very good hand wash and for that type of wash I use Dawn as the goal is remove as much contamination and dirt as possible with a wash. Next up clay bar the entire vehicle! After that a light
    to examine the surface especially bottom panels and grille area where some tar or bug residue may still reside. After that review and removal of any leftovers I go over the entire vehicle (twice) with alcohol which is to help remove any wax/grease contaminates. Now the process of putting on the ceramic coating which can be layered up tp three applications but I only use two. Not difficult but some quality time needed but one can save a lot of $$$.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    How much does it impact the wonderful cleaning time on a black car?
    Will you actually drive the car? If so it might cut a week off the cleaning time! Go Orange. I hate cleaning black cars.

Leave a comment:

• TXLZ
    replied
    Weird question but how long do you need to leave your car to get ceramic coating? I’m doing R8C and curious if it would be feasible to have someone do it immediately after pickup. Have also read some posts that say the museum may start doing it but see nothing on their site. Anyone have any intel on that?

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by 1-2-b-67L89 View Post
    And they email hints and promptly answer any questions one might have.
    I'd rather hear it from you! So what kind of prep is required? I'm not thinking of doing my C8, but for my Malibu which is hardly a show car. It's a Turbo 4, but still just our beater that wants to be cared for. lol

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-b-67L89
    replied
    What product did you use?
    https://avalonking.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ...SAAEgIvtPD_BwE
    purchased 3 bottles for $135 including shipping and each bottle comes in a small kit. And they email hints and promptly answer any questions one might have.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by 1-2-b-67L89 View Post
    So do it yourself and save big.
    What product did you use?

Leave a comment:

• 1963sccamember
    replied
    I am doing film and ceramic here in Florida and wonder how this will work against our semi-annual influx of love bugs?

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-b-67L89
    replied
    After reviewing and discussing with some professionals I ceramic coated all four of our drivers which included our c7 z06 and our 2015 z28. The time is in prep but a new car would be easy as it doesn’t need the amount of prep and the ceramic is similar to putting on liquid polish. Note, dark colors are easy to see your application as you put it on but light colors like silver and white are difficult and a colored light source is key. I know as truck is black, Tahoe red, and corvette & Z are silver/white. So do it yourself and save big.

Leave a comment:

• SunTek_PPF
    replied
    Originally posted by VicH View Post

Yup, that's what I did with my C7. Well actually I had the entire car wrapped and THEN ceramic coating over that. Utah is a rock chip nightmare on roads. When I sold my C7 a month ago the paint looked day one brand new. Not a single paint chip issue and the car was super easy to keep clean.
    Utah is brutal on paint, one of our largest markets for PPF. Utah and Canada are actually two of the main markets we created Ultra Defense for - it's a thicker version of our popular PPF Ultra designed for higher impact resistance.

Leave a comment:

• SunTek_PPF
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Cadle View Post
    Will be looking into this around mid.Mo. when my car comes in.
    Hey Jim,

If SunTek Paint Protection peaks your interest, we have a dealer locator where you can find a SunTek dealer in your area using your zip.

Leave a comment:

• WWR
    replied
    Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
    I had this professionally done on my C7 in 2015 and still looks awesome after 5 years , I'm positive it will be done when I do get my new blue car
    Anybody use this Top Coat F11 stuff? Sounds like the more you put it on the better it gets. SLICK and deep I bought it so we'll see

Leave a comment:

• VicH
    replied
    Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
    So is the consensus to get a high quality, self sealing wrap for the nose, most of the hood and mirrors, and then get a ceramic coating for the Whole vehicle? Even over the wrap?
    Yup, that's what I did with my C7. Well actually I had the entire car wrapped and THEN ceramic coating over that. Utah is a rock chip nightmare on roads. When I sold my C7 a month ago the paint looked day one brand new. Not a single paint chip issue and the car was super easy to keep clean.
    Last edited by VicH; 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X