X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VicH
    replied
    Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
    So is the consensus to get a high quality, self sealing wrap for the nose, most of the hood and mirrors, and then get a ceramic coating for the Whole vehicle? Even over the wrap?
    Yup, that's what I did with my C7. Well actually I had the entire car wrapped and THEN ceramic coating over that. Utah is a rock chip nightmare on roads. When I sold my C7 a month ago the paint looked day one brand new. Not a single paint chip issue and the car was super easy to keep clean.
    Last edited by VicH; 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cadle
    replied
    Will be looking into this around mid.Mo. when my car comes in.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    PPF saved us major damage to our C6 Z06. When on the interstate in the driving rain, we successfully dodged damage when we hit a wooden dining room chair that fell off a pickup at 68 MPH (80 MPH speed limit); our front left fascia hit the chair. For sure we though the fascia was cracked but even if we were lucky, we were sure the paint was cracked, but when we were able to stop we could not see any impact from 10 feet away. After detailer application, one had to look very closely from two feet away to see even a smudge. True we were so lucky, but thanks to paint protection film we avoided serious and expensive damage.

To reduce the dreaded line at the edge of PPF application, I spend a little more and have my installer wrap the PPF around the back side on every location possible. And thanks to CQuartz, I avoid waxing entirely.

Leave a comment:

• Njfisherman
    replied
    Planning on EXPEL on the front and rockers as I had done on my C7 and going for the Ceramic over that on my C8. One thing you must note, If your planning on having any things wrapped it has to be done before application on the Ceramic Coating. It won't stick. Coating has to be removed then reapplied.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Rick, interesting concept. Thank you very much. I am definitely getting CQuartz Pro on my C8 (as I did on my C7 — whose paint looks super glossy after its traveling to 28 states.

CQuartz ROCKS!

Leave a comment:

• Recruiter Rick
    replied
    My wife (Yellow 2018) and I (17 White) both had our C7 Z06s ceramic with CQuartz Pro. Not cheap. My certified guy treats the car like he is doing heart surgery. The foam stuff they use to get all the oxidation and impurities off the paint is neat and then buffing the small scratches out before the ceramic is quite the process. After my wife's was done in May of this year, I had them take off my Xpel (applied when new) and apply the ceramic. At 9x the hardness of the paint ceramic is good enough for me - maybe if one goes on the track or rock prone roads at high speeds The PP would be helpful but I sure found the Xpel to be a pain to keep edges clean.
    I will only have the Ceramic and no PP on the C8 HTC I am anxiously awaiting to place my order

Leave a comment:

• Fireeagle
    replied
    For me personally, I decided to have the front end wrapped with SunTek and had the mirrors wrapped with 3M carbon black along with the Z51 spoiler on my C7. Considered the ceramic coating, but since I keep mine in the garage when not in use, have no problem doing a full wax 2 times a year and use the Maguires Ceramic spray in between. I still can't get over how inexpensive that stuff is and it lasts for months. As the do it yourself ceramic products get even easier to apply, I may go that route at some time, but what you do with yours is really up to what you like to do.

I will probably do the same things I do for my C7 (and C4) once the C8 finds it's way into my garage.

Leave a comment:

• SunTek_PPF
    replied
    It's still most common to see our dealers wrapping full front ends with PPF, entire vehicles are getting more popular but the full front plus other high impact areas (rockers, rear splash, etc) in PPF is still the most common. Coatings can be applied on top of the PPF and then on the uncovered areas as well - coatings are a great way to add gloss, ease of cleaning, and added layer of protection for paint/PPF. We're here to help answer any PPF questions if you guys have them!

Leave a comment:

• LSECO
    replied
    Except for the glossiness of a new paint job, ceramic coated seems, to my eyes, to have a spectacular wet look. Isn't a "Wet Look" what we all crave ?
    The protection factor of the coatings is PARAMOUNT.
    ​​​​ I try to ONLY close doors at glass edges -when possible.
    I TRY to educate non aficionados that paint should NEVER be finger printed - EVER !!!!

(But I am a four bucket washer, always starting at the top, then working my way down)

COMMON SENSE IS WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
    So is the consensus to get a high quality, self sealing wrap for the nose, most of the hood and mirrors, and then get a ceramic coating for the Whole vehicle? Even over the wrap?
    I don't know if there's a consensus. That's what I plan to do, but others will wrap the whole car, and not do ceramic at all. Others, I'm sure will do ceramic and not a wrap. I'd say it depends a lot on how you're going to use your car. If it's a garage queen that only comes out on perfect days and for car shows, the wrap is probably a waste of money. If it's a daily driver, or a long distance tourer, the wrap will definitely protect your paint from chips.

Leave a comment:

• CSTEERS1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sandyslu
    replied
    So what is the best product/products to use/wrap the car with?? I know it’s probably personal opinion, but I’d like to hear some of your thoughts. We live in Naples,FL so if anyone has suggestions of who to take it to for a professional job, please let me know. I’d drive up to Ft. Myers also to have it done.

Leave a comment:

• cutnout
    replied
    I wish there was someone local r close who was good at it. Charlie aka cutnout

Leave a comment:

• Jeff@DaumPhotography
    replied
    I had RedHot done shortly after bringing her home from NCM (October 2013). I choose to have C Quartz Finest put on by one of their certified detail studios. As noted, the prep is critical to the success, as much as if not more, than the application process. RedHot looks showroom brilliant to this day (with a few very small rock chips earned while enthusiastically enjoying her over the years). The C Quartz Finest makes it much easier to keep looking great, including the wheels, with infrequent washing and frequent dusting in between. She has never be waxed since the treatment.

I still frequently get asked if she is brand new (from non-Corvette car enthusiasts) at car shows, like the one I attended this past weekend.

Leave a comment:

• FN in MT
    replied
    I'm still in my initial investigation phase but so far it seems that a proper PREP and a CLEAN place to apply a coating are the keys.

If a guy can do a paint correction, then have a CLEAN, dust free area to apply....I think it's doable. You apply to small sections with the coating, then wipe it down with microfiber cloth. Inspect with a good light and move on to the next section.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X