MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Front License Plate Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN in MT View Post

Sad to hear. Portland PD can't keep anyone safe on their downtown streets, full of bums and junkies. But they can take the time for a BS ticket like that. What a sad situation.
    Very true. And it's worse when you see it in person. Disgraceful.
    Intended toy: C8 HTC with Z51, MRC
    Current toy: Saturn Sky Redline, lots of performance enhancements
    Former toy: Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

FYI Dept..... I e mailed the Gent at Stow n Sho. Regarding a frt plate bracket and plate holder for the C8. Stated he has an employee with one on the way,. And they will get a front plate ASAP up as soon as they have a car to work with.
      Last edited by FN in MT; 11-24-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

With everything else that goes on here at least we don't have the front license plate requirement in NC. It probably skipped some ones mind. We do have a law that the rear license plate can't have a bracket around it. SHEESHH $140 fine

Comment

Since buying my first corvette I've lived in four different states requiring front liscense plates...which I have never put on. I've been ticketed three times and paid fines of $75 - $100 and no points. So the $250 I've paid divided by the 15 years I've owned a corvette averages out to $16.66 per year. I consider it a cost of ownership. But I will check the laws next time I plan to move and be sure the state does not require a plate on the front.

I now live in NJ and was pulled over for no plate. The officer approached and asked if I knew there was no front plate...and of course I said yes, officer. He then asked if I had a reason for that. I replied "because it's a corvette. He looked at me...shook his head... turned and walked away...and he drove off.
          Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
            With everything else that goes on here at least we don't have the front license plate requirement in NC. It probably skipped some ones mind. We do have a law that the rear license plate can't have a bracket around it. SHEESHH $140 fine
            as I understand this, you can have a frame around the license plate, but it can not cover any part of the letters or numbers on it. most frames I have seen cover part of the corner year decal and that is what the problem is. Also, I think that you cant have a clear cover over the plate.
            Last edited by Racer86; 11-24-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I'll probably ryn without one at first, at least there's a spot for it in front if I decide not to mess with smokey again. I am going to call my dealer and make sure they don't mount that front plate bracket to the car!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X