MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Doors that go up for the C8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHADOWW2020C8 View Post
    I plan on doing it when I get mine. I think they are sick!
    Welcome SHADOWW2020C8. Glad you joined our friendly Corvette community. I look forward to seeing yours!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It does not matter at all what others think, it is your choice to do mods anyway you like. It is your car, ENJOY it your way. I have vertical doors on my C7 that I installed myself and love them with no issues. It took me 2 years to decide to do them or not. They do not hurt the value, as you can switch back to the factory hinges, test have shown even in serious accidents the doors were still in place and safe.
      I may choose to install them on my C8 that is coming. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	112032Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	112033

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
        It does not matter at all what others think, it is your choice to do mods anyway you like. It is your car, ENJOY it your way. I have vertical doors on my C7 that I installed myself and love them with no issues. It took me 2 years to decide to do them or not. They do not hurt the value, as you can switch back to the factory hinges, test have shown even in serious accidents the doors were still in place and safe.
        I may choose to install them on my C8 that is coming. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	112032Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	112033
        How were they installing them yourself? Do you think it is something most people could do and figure out? I want to do as much as I can to my C8 myself but I am no mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

No way. I don't mess with my C7 and won't mess with my C8. I would think such a dramatic change could have all kinds of consequences such as warranty, resale, regulatory, etc.
          That's a really good pont.

Comment

Looking at the OPs video for the 1st time, it reminds me of the only other time I've seen someone driving around with their "scissor" doors open - it was Ron Rice (of Hawaiian Tropic fame), driving his Lambo Countach with the doors open down Daytona Beach. He had two girls in the passenger seat.

That was probably 1984...
            Upcoming Vette:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, 3400 Status on March 10, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Supa_Fly_Z51 View Post

Girls love em 😜 🔥🔥🔥😍
              That's all I need, more women chasing me.
              Upcoming Vette:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, 3400 Status on March 10, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The install on the C7 is more scary than it is difficult. I am mechanically inclined, but it was not a hard project. I did the work in my home garage with hand tools. Their instructions are good and their tech help is super. It took me 2 days, by myself (even though the company recommends 2 people). On the C7 you have to take off front fascia, both front fenders. No body work needed and some slight filing. You remove factory hinges after the doors taped in place and in closed position. Install their hinges, and extended door wiring harnesses by moving them. When that is all completed there will be some slight door adjustments. This is a simplified version, just follow their instructions and don't be in a hurry.
                The C8 cars are not available yet, but are coming. Hope that helps in some way.

Bill
                Brook Park, OH

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                  For the sake of curiosity, How much do they cost? I googled Lamborghini doors cost and got a very wide range of costs
                  My kit was $1350 in 2012, and just about the same amount to paint the hinges body color and install. One downside is that the struts have been replaced twice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

That's all I need, more women chasing me.
                    🤣🤣🤣........💪

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X