Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Aftermarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post on any forum..ever lol. Thank y’all for having me.
    To the many of you lucky gents/ladies who have seen the vehicle in person, and are interested in more of a flush look wheel wise..how much room to play is there?
    I’ve decided on the good value Forgestar F14 (stock sizes) in Copper on CMG, but am curious how “extreme” if you will, the offsets May be altered.
    I will see the car on Oct.26th in Grapevine Tx. and I’ve done my daily scouring for new info/images (mostly thanks to your wonderful forum)...but I’d like to hear others input. I am aware these are preproduction vehicles and that many variables will affect the final measurements however it never hurts to have a varied consensus to ponder. 🖖🏻

Comment

Originally posted by the_sim View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	c8_side_green_85d5de5e6d825937429789c4d87a66a71662b6a1_0cf3150ce4c0e421d33a069912e066f8255868c5.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	75985

I pre-ordered those wheels in carbon flash this week. I can use my factory tires and they changed the offset to push the wheels out more.
      Ok those are definitely a win ... Can you pm the website/model just to get a further idea? Are we certain what the stock offsets are yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TOMDOM69 View Post

i'd pay it if they painted the entire rim. Although I am toying with the idea of getting them and painting the unpainted part with touch up paint, either car color or torch red to match the calipers.
        This is exactly what I am going to do. The option on the C7 was crazy expensive but I think it looked awesome, especially on a black car, which is what I am getting.

Comment

Originally posted by the_sim View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	c8_side_green_85d5de5e6d825937429789c4d87a66a71662b6a1_0cf3150ce4c0e421d33a069912e066f8255868c5.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	75985

I pre-ordered those wheels in carbon flash this week. I can use my factory tires and they changed the offset to push the wheels out more.
          For those of you going aftermarket, how much of an offset are you looking for to push the wheels further out? Or staying at stock offset? I really like the wheels above and messaged the seller but it looks like the offset will only be about 5-6mm different which I'm debating is enough or not. It translates roughly to about 1/5 of an inch further out. Just posted some pics of the closest I can find of fender over stock wheel to debate if 1/5" is enough. Other than that, price seems great and I like the design. I don't know much about the company though. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-09-12-27-13.png
Views:	146
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	80355Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-09-12-29-14.png
Views:	144
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	80356

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post

Ok those are definitely a win ... Can you pm the website/model just to get a further idea? Are we certain what the stock offsets are yet?
            That green mamba looks lowered. I think proper tire fender gap is also crucial for a great stance.
            C8er

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
              Volk TE37 if Rays/Volk makes them in the correct size / offset.
              What are the stock offsets for C8 ?
              C8er

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                Richrat, I like what you show on your pic. It's a good match for the red.

I'll be doing after market highly polished chrome. I just like that look with every color.
                I'm partial to smoked/nickel/chrome. Looks good on all colors cars.
                C8er

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post

I have no idea.

Comment

I'm partial to smoked/nickel/chrome. Looks good on all colors cars.
                    That's what I have on my Special Edition TL. I agree that they do look good giving the chrome a darker overall appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post

For those of you going aftermarket, how much of an offset are you looking for to push the wheels further out? Or staying at stock offset? I really like the wheels above and messaged the seller but it looks like the offset will only be about 5-6mm different which I'm debating is enough or not. It translates roughly to about 1/5 of an inch further out. Just posted some pics of the closest I can find of fender over stock wheel to debate if 1/5" is enough. Other than that, price seems great and I like the design. I don't know much about the company though. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-09-12-27-13.png
Views:	146
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	80355Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-09-12-29-14.png
Views:	144
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	80356
                      12mm wheel spacers will fix that up nicely.
                      2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries at Canada's #1 Corvette Dealership!

Comment

No wheel spacers for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

12mm wheel spacers will fix that up nicely.
                          What he said. 8-12mm is the norm on most cars.

Comment

Don't be afraid to run wheel spacers. There's nothing wrong with them. Racers even use them on race cars. There's always a big debate over if you should and if you shouldn't, but if you do your research you will find there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
                            2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries at Canada's #1 Corvette Dealership!

Comment

MRR claims the offset is proprietary and is not releasing them.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X