Aftermarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Rims

I am shocked GM is charging 995.00 for for black open five spoke rims when silver is free. For the C7 this was $595.00 I believe. So I am ordering the silver open five spokes and getting them powder coated all black. I will also wait about 6 months then look for a new set of forged lightweight rims, hoping to keep each rim in the 20-21 pound range or less for fronts, rears of course will be a couple of pounds heavier.

I really like these rims in this color or maybe gold.

What are you going to do?

Click image for larger version  Name:	ADD4ED0C-A34F-40D6-8B0F-F0F5D553BECB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	69959
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: TorchRed,2LT,Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,J6E,TUL,Q 8P,SC7,ER I,R8C

Volk TE37 if Rays/Volk makes them in the correct size / offset.
    Attached Files

Comment

I am also considering powder coating the standard wheels, as a 2020 Winter project, while the C8 restfully sleeps (and dreams of the WOT runs to come...).

I'm thinking of simple matte black, or perhaps black chrome - there's still some time to decide.
      Last edited by Mobius; 09-11-2019, 08:16 AM. Reason: clarified: Winter of 2020
      Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
      Upcoming Vette:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Richrat, I like what you show on your pic. It's a good match for the red.

I'll be doing after market highly polished chrome. I just like that look with every color.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
          Richrat, I like what you show on your pic. It's a good match for the red.

I'll be doing after market highly polished chrome. I just like that look with every color.
          Fireeagle, I like your style! Both of my previous Vette’s had chrome rims...I also love polished or chrome rims!

I am going in a different direction this time, please share pics when you finish installing so I can ogle you pics. 😄
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: TorchRed,2LT,Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,J6E,TUL,Q 8P,SC7,ER I,R8C

Comment

Hey, if you want black lug nuts from GM its $225, option SPY.. So long as people pay these kinds of prices, GM will charge them.

On my C7, I went the powder coat the silver wheels route, and bought Cray forged wheels for the all season tires. Unless there is some good reason to do differently, the same will occur for a Z51 C8.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
              Hey, if you want black lug nuts from GM its $225, option SPY.. So long as people pay these kinds of prices, GM will charge them.

On my C7, I went the powder coat the silver wheels route, and bought Cray forged wheels for the all season tires. Unless there is some good reason to do differently, the same will occur for a Z51 C8.
              I totally agree Rob, not sure who at GM thought it was smart to mark up lug nuts 300 plus%??? Totally nuts!

Here's what I'll be buying the week I take possession as I will have the rims done immediately...Not sure if this is the right size, smaller ones cost even less.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lug nuts.png
Views:	988
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	70004

Comment

And, you get to keep your old lug nuts, as this is a new set, not an upgrade. The wheel studs on the C8 are bigger than on the C7, so make sure whatever you order fits the C8.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                  And, you get to keep your old lug nuts, as this is a new set, not an upgrade. The wheel studs on the C8 are bigger than on the C7, so make sure whatever you order fits the C8.
                  Thanks Rob, great advise!

Comment

Name:	9C7C9243-F441-4BE7-B606-1C72076E82BC.jpeg
Views:	1005
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	70017 My plan was to have the silver wheels powder coated black or gold, but, I’m not sure they’re worth the effort.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (4).jpg
Views:	887
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	70299 This .............
                      Last edited by MikeyTX; 09-11-2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: edited picture
                      2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

ID:	70017 My plan was to have the silver wheels powder coated black or gold, but, I’m not sure they’re worth the effort.
                        The gold rims on black looks AMAZING Meldoon! That's a smokin HOT look!

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Now that is how wheels are supposed to fill wheel wells 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

Now that is how wheels are supposed to fill wheel wells 👍
                            Till you have to drive on the roads here in TX.Then all bets are off ........
                            2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

Till you have to drive on the roads here in TX.Then all bets are off ........
                              Wait. You mean you are going to drive your Corvette? Lol

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X