Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Cheap mod if you daily/wash your C8 Coupe. No rain/UV rays in engine bay when parked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap mod if you daily/wash your C8 Coupe. No rain/UV rays in engine bay when parked

I daily my C8 in Florida, and so once a day while at work it usually rains heavily for an hour or so…

I did not really like my engine bay would get that wet and sit there with all that moist for 2-3 hours. When running temp the water evaporates quickly.

So to counter that and the UV rays (even though I park in shade), I came up with this solution. It is simply a front windshield shade with two cuts to make it fit where the strut tower hinges are located. 99% of the water wil be led away from the engine and components and straight to the drain holes leading down.

Cost of mod: 6 bucks in Ross and 5 min to measure and cut😎

Tip: to make it flat so it will not www on you as these things normally do, bend the folds the opposite way and store it for a night like that. Then it is flat from there on👍
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Top Off Action; 09-20-2022, 07:58 AM.
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

^^^ Very clever
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I guess I could also use it when washing the car! The less water, the better. Not that water will hurt anything, but a dry engine compartment is always preferable
      Last edited by Top Off Action; 09-19-2022, 12:13 PM.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

That is what I would definitely consider if I had a coupe. Good idea.

Comment

So what do you do with it while driving.
          There is a madness to my method!
          2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
          2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
            So what do you do with it while driving.
            I just hold it upright, fold it and put it back in the cargo net in the trunk

Comment

awesome hack mate - I'll definitely be steeling your idea

Comment

Great idea and very cost effective indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Think this will be on my ttd list. Thanks!
                  There is a madness to my method!
                  2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
                  2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                  2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                  79 coupe Silver/oyster
                  All one owner
                  Museum lifetime members

Comment

Do you use it right after parking (with a hot engine)? Any potential issues?

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
                      Do you use it right after parking (with a hot engine)? Any potential issues?
                      No, I let it cool down. I put it on after an hour in the shade. But good point!

Comment

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash/Wax All on the top and rear deck and then wash the rest as usual. Zero water gets in the engine compartment, plus you get a fantastic shine.

Comment

Clever method L79!
                          2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post
                            I use Aero Cosmetics Wash/Wax All on the top and rear deck and then wash the rest as usual. Zero water gets in the engine compartment, plus you get a fantastic shine.
                            I am not sure I understand? How does wax ensure no water get into the engine compartment?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
                              I am not sure I understand? How does wax ensure no water get into the engine compartment?
                              I believe he's saying he doesn't hose down the whole car with water. He uses a waterless wash for the top, then hoses down the rest, so no water gets into the engine compartment. I also use Aero cosmetics wash/wax all for the entire car as a waterless wash - I have not hosed down my C8 since I've owned it (a year and a half now) and it looks great.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X