Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Any smart and frugal way to spice up particularly 2 items of the engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any smart and frugal way to spice up particularly 2 items of the engine bay

I am specifically not happy with the engine bay lid strut hinges and the rear shock towers.

Anerican Car Craft has options for both, but I am not sure I want stainless steel…

Other ways to make the coupe engine compartment even better looking?
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

I went with ACC Stainless looks great happy I did it. Pictures don't do it justice. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_161007.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	393329 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_160949.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	393330 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211104_155236.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	393331
    2LT, Silver Flare coup, Adrenaline Red, Mag ride, Front lift, Stek roof wrap, Aerolarri Brushed Aluminum wheels, AMG front splitter, Scrape Armor splitter guard, ACS engine cover, American Car Craft Engine dress up kit.

Comment

That looks great!

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Try c8 rally driver dotcom
        They have some neat billet hinge supports.
        There is a madness to my method!
        2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
        2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Many great options. Am I the only one who thinks the prices has been adjusted upwards because it is a Corvette? 400 bucks for painted plastic covers for the . 300 for raw plastic shock tower caps…
          Last edited by Top Off Action; 07-20-2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
            Many great options. Am I the only one who thinks tge prices has been adjusted uowards because it is a Corvette? 400 bucks for painted plastic covers for the . 300 for raw plastic shock tower caps…
            Oh there has always been what we referred to as the Corvette tax. Back in the early seventies when I had a 60 there was a list of parts numbers for regular Chevrolets that would interchange with corvette parts. Saved a little money. Is it worse today, well maybe but I’m not sure as much interchanges now and the demand for different aftermarket stuff is definitely greater. That and the price of things has just gone nuts. We own a liquor store and got in a case of one of our slower sellers this week. It has caused the retail price to go from 22.00 dollars to 27.00 from increased cost.
            There is a madness to my method!
            2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
            2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

I found a plastic version for $65 at the moment with shipping. That is still too much for two plastic pieces, but less than 400 for some that cones painted. I’ll get that painted to color match (I can do that myself). If anyone is interested, I’ll share where to get it. I just need to verify one thing with the vendor.

Comment

I have heard guys talk about getting the engine bay area wrapped. I have the appearance package so a wrap might work as well as look good. I do wonder how it would stand up to the heat. Maybe someone has done this?
                Last edited by Vette Interested; 07-21-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post
                  I have heard guys talk about getting the engine bay area wrapped. I have the appearance package so a wrap might work as well as look good. I do wonder how it would stand up the heat. Maybe someone has done this?
                  I recall seeing a report somewhere from an owner who wrapped the black plastic surrounding the engine compartment, and over time had some minor bubbling near the cats. Other than those areas he said it was holding up fine.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
                    I found a plastic version for $65 at the moment with shipping. That is still too much for two plastic pieces, but less than 400 for some that cones painted. I’ll get that painted to color match (I can do that myself). If anyone is interested, I’ll share where to get it. I just need to verify one thing with the vendor.
                    I think many of us would like to know. You can name the vendor here, but not post a link. Just a heads up, though, if the vendor is Corvette Mods most would advise you to avoid them.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I just checked with the shop that did my PPF. They will do the wrap for $650 in stain black. No warranty. Seems high.They have done engine compartments in C8’s with no heat related issues……so far.
                      Last edited by Vette Interested; 07-26-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post
                        I just checked with the shop that did my PPF. They will do it for $650 in stain black. No warranty. Seems high.They have done engine compartments in C8’s with no heat related issues……so far.
                        You should be able to get it painted for maybe 800… so it does seem high…

Comment

Smart and frugal? Keep it sparkling clean and original! Maybe a good coat of polish on those hinges and towers to "spice them up" while keeping the originality of the car intact. Personally, I prefer cars as near stock as possible, with mods performed to increase protection, safety, and longevity. I've seen too many cars "modded" to please the owner or make them "unique" while ruining the car's intended design. Am not impressed with the thousands of dollars spent on "carbon fiber" pieces which add nothing to the function of the vehicle. Only race cars "need" carbon fiber. Keep it stock, original and immaculate! Is there a reason to draw attention to the hinges and towers? They are functional pieces which serve their purpose and don't detract from the car's beauty. Smarter ways to spend your money. JMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by topfuelman View Post
                            Smart and frugal? Keep it sparkling clean and original! Maybe a good coat of polish on those hinges and towers to "spice them up" while keeping the originality of the car intact. Personally, I prefer cars as near stock as possible, with mods performed to increase protection, safety, and longevity. I've seen too many cars "modded" to please the owner or make them "unique" while ruining the car's intended design. Am not impressed with the thousands of dollars spent on "carbon fiber" pieces which add nothing to the function of the vehicle. Only race cars "need" carbon fiber. Keep it stock, original and immaculate! Is there a reason to draw attention to the hinges and towers? They are functional pieces which serve their purpose and don't detract from the car's beauty. Smarter ways to spend your money. JMHO!
                            I agree. OEM and simple is what I prefer too. But those two things (only) are not up to par with the rest of the engine conpartment imo.
                            Last edited by Top Off Action; 07-21-2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topfuelman View Post
                              Eddie, I agree to a point. But when you spend over $80,000 on a vehicle, the finish on the car as well as any visible areas should not look like it was an after thought. It looks they ran out of high ‘quality” plastic so they went over to the Chevy Spark bin to finish off the engine compartment. I would much rather have a streak/blotchy free area that I can polish than having to consider if I want to cover it up or not. JMHO…yours may vary!!!👍

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X