Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Today @ 8:00 PM Pacific Time - Scheduled Forum Maintenance.

Scheduled forum maintenance from 8:00 PM through 11:00 PM Pacific Time on Tuesday August 9th, 2022

The site might experience a brief outage during this maintenance period.
2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #121 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid August 2022

The world of Corvette is really heating up with the release of pricing for the C8 Z06. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger are back with the most current Corvette news and headlines. https://youtu.be/QRAUz6Att0k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...jnmYV0amyIoQR2
Here are a few of the topics discussed in this week’s show….
1.Chevrolet offering C8 Z06 buyers $5,000 in rewards for not “flipping” their car
2.GM limits the warranty transferability of the C8 Z06 to people who flip their cars
3.The C8 Z06 Order Guide is now available for download
4.FBI raids a Chinese-owned company that makes aluminum wheels for GM
5.Spring Mountain is back open after a flash flood covered the track with sand & debris
6.Our "Corvette Insider" Manny Katakis is back with insider information!
7.Lingenfelter introduces high performance CAI for the C8
8.The first 35th Anniversary Callaway C8 arrives at Ciocca Chevrolet
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Paragon Performance Side Grill Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Performance Side Grill Guards

I’m not sure if I did something wrong or not, but I installed the Small Side Grill Guards a week ago according to the Musical Visual Instructions and not the Tape has come loose.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I’ll De-install and buy some stronger Tape and start all over again when I have more time to kill.
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
    Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Did you have ceramic coating on that part of your car? If so, you would need to remove that from the taped area (and I or some other member would next give you details on how to do that.

Did you use 3M two side tape or ???
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I had the same problem. what I did was doubled on the thickness of the tape.
      2LT, Silver Flare coup, Adrenaline Red, Mag ride, Front lift, Stek roof wrap, Aerolarri Brushed Aluminum wheels, AMG front splitter, Scrape Armor splitter guard, ACS engine cover, American Car Craft Engine dress up kit.

Comment

Nope this was before I did the Coating, but it maybe it’s due to the 95 to 100 degree heat we’ve been having.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will double the taping when I do it again.
        Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

I had to substantially bend the passenger side to make it fit, and it's still not great. For the brackets at the bottom (the ones that mount under the lip, and that you screw into), I suggest using the double-stick tape, then reaching back there and putting a large piece of duct tape over it. It's underneath, where no one can see it, and it will definitely help hold the brackets in place.
          2022 C8 convertible - LT2, Z51 - Torch Red w/Natural interior & blacked out wheels, nacelles and rear spoiler.
          Previous mid-engine cars: 1985/'91/'02 Toyota MR2s, 2005 Lotus Elise

Comment

Hey everyone, check out our new install video! We made some revisions on how to install our Side Intake Grill Guards.

Paragon Performance
            https://www.paragonperf.com/

Complete source for C8 Parts. Lowering kits, wheels, exhausts and more.

Comment

Has anyone purchased and installed Paragons rr spoiler. It's affixed with 3m tape..no bolts. I like the idea of not having to remove the rr facia. But GM bolts theirs down

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                I’m not sure if I did something wrong or not, but I installed the Small Side Grill Guards a week ago according to the Musical Visual Instructions and not the Tape has come loose.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I’ll De-install and buy some stronger Tape and start all over again when I have more time to kill.
                Originally installed by my courtesy dealer. They told me upfront that these things come loose and rattle. Started to rattle after 200 miles and the dealer re-installed. I replaced the tape and still it rattled after 100 miles of driving. Took them off and sitting in the garage. The fronts seem to be just fine.
                Red Mist Coupe, LT3, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Dual Tops, CF Interior, Black Int w/Red Stitching, Red Bolsters, Edge Red Calipers, Engine Appearance, Edge Red Engine Cover and Carbon Flash Wheels. TPW was 12/13

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Originally installed by my courtesy dealer. They told me upfront that these things come loose and rattle. Started to rattle after 200 miles and the dealer re-installed. I replaced the tape and still it rattled after 100 miles of driving. Took them off and sitting in the garage. The fronts seem to be just fine.
                  Yea a screw into a metal bracket that is held on by tape isn't exactly a solid mechanical design.

I waisted a lot of time the first go round, so I'm not sure when I'll get the ambition to try again.

In the mean time, it's back in the Box, it's not a critical part anyway.

Comment

I don't see the need for them. If you reach inside, you'll find there is a grill that prevents rocks and debris from entering the engine compartment. Of course, there's always the possibility that an unfortunate bird could find its way into the side intake, and I do routinely check for paper, leaves, and debris on my walk-arounds.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X