Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

OEM Performance exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Performance exhaust

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket company that makes "round" exhaust tips to replace the square tips on the stock performance exhaust?

Several of our MECF vendors do but as the OEM tips are welded on, requiring at least the rear fascia removal, you are in for a big project to get where you are wanting. Very worth it to many!!!

A quick, inexpensive, and “partway there” is to paint them with a high temp paint. Some of done this too — but of course none of the sound enhancement your get from a new exhaust.

Good luck where you go.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Additionally to them being welded on, there are multiple points they could be cut, each with different ODs. I was communicating with Aerolarri around this and proved to be difficult to get a really accurate location or measurement.

Painting as stated would work, or a whole new system.

Comment

It would be cool if someone made round tips with a carbon fiber surround for the stock exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by MGfoursixeight View Post
          It would be cool if someone made round tips with a carbon fiber surround for the stock exhaust!
          go here:

https://www.aerolarri.com/tips.html

Comment

Good info all, thx. Should be getting an allocation next month I was thinking whether to just get the stock exhaust and get an aftermarket complete exhaust. Put a Corsa touring exhaust on my C6, no drone which was perfect. Had the OEM performance exhaust on my C7 which was great, GM did very well with the appearance of the centered quad tips. Aerolarri looks to be on the right track however for me I prefer the look of the big hollow looking barrel with no sight of the inner barrel .
            As always there is never a shortage of info here on the forum

Comment

I'm probably just going to paint them with a high temp satin black. I really dislike the look of the OEM tips and am OK with just making them mostly disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
                Given that price and work involved, might as well buy a full Paragon exhaust. Much easier to bolt on an exhaust than to make sure you cut and weld the new tips perfectly straight and even.
                Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by MeesterOver View Post

Given that price and work involved, might as well buy a full Paragon exhaust. Much easier to bolt on an exhaust than to make sure you cut and weld the new tips perfectly straight and even.
                  It's not so much of an issue in my case as I love to fabricate/weld with metal.

Comment

Do a search on youtube. There is a guy that did it with instructions and links for exhaust tips.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X