Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Shout-Out to Paragon Performance👍👍

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout-Out to Paragon Performance👍👍

I am sure many have had great experiences dealing with Paragon, but I just want to chip in and say they have world class customer service.

Specifically, I requested to change some shipping details after Paragon had already begyn the shipping process.

Korey
    Paragon Performance
    Featured Forum Vendor
    Paragon Performance took care of things!

BTW to people who have bought after market cat-back exhausts with an AFM-bracket to try to prevent the C8 to throw CELs (I understand there is a big risk that these brackets will cause CELs as if the dial is moved even one millimeter the computer will pick that up) Paragon has right now the AFM simulators on sale for 100 bucks! That is what I bought👍

Update: In my happiness I went back to their website and even though the topic of the necessity has been debated heavily on MECF and elswhere on the web, I got myself an oil catch-can by Paragon too😉😉😉
    Top Off Action
    Sr. Contributor
    Last edited by Top Off Action; 12-27-2021, 09:39 AM.
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Been looking for a part for my '66 for 3 months.. They had the knob and shipping it out today... Cost for the knob $12.00... Shipping $12.65.
    1966 Mosport Grn convertible
    2021 on order

Comment

When the time is right, I plan on ordering one of their exhausts. Still pricey, but at least they are reasonable.

I would like to hear the track vs touring in person though before I decide.
      Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

Thank you for the positive vibes. We're doing out best! Always feel free to call or email.

Originally posted by MeesterOver View Post
        When the time is right, I plan on ordering one of their exhausts. Still pricey, but at least they are reasonable.

We always tell people to snag the touring. The mufflers keep the drone out. Without them my old ears think the track one with out mufflers drones a bit in the cabin.

Paragon Performance
        https://www.paragonperf.com/

Complete source for C8 Parts. Lowering kits, wheels, exhausts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Paragon Performance View Post
          Thank you for the positive vibes. We're doing out best! Always feel free to call or email.

We always tell people to snag the touring. The mufflers keep the drone out. Without them my old ears think the track one with out mufflers drones a bit in the cabin.
          That is the feeling I have. My wife does not like the OEM exhaust in sport mode.
          Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

That is the feeling I have. My wife does not like the OEM exhaust in sport mode.
            If she doesn't like the OEM sport, then she won't like any aftermarket system either.

If you are referring to loudness that is.
            Paragon Performance

Comment

If she doesn't like the OEM sport, then she won't like any aftermarket system either.

“rrrooooaaaarrrr…this car sounds like a very angry monster yelling at me” - wife

Curious, have you played with a design that just has a single, center tip on each side instead of the dual?

Personally, I would like just a dual tip center exhaust, but then have to figure out what to do with the fascia.

Comment

“rrrooooaaaarrrr…this car sounds like a very angry monster yelling at me” - wife

Curious, have you played with a design that just has a single, center tip on each side instead of the dual?

Personally, I would like just a dual tip center exhaust, but then have to figure out what to do with the fascia.
                We have, but honestly it's a lot of expense in molds for new center sections for the bumper and etc. Most cost effective to keep factory exit positions.
                Paragon Performance

Comment

We have, but honestly it's a lot of expense in molds for new center sections for the bumper and etc. Most cost effective to keep factory exit positions.
                  If I am ever bored, then I can prototype some pieces quick with foam and the hot wire. Build it out then make a mold with gelcoat and PER. That is more cost effective, but the mold will only produce minimal parts before needing to be resurfaced or scrapped and remade. Only looking at 8-10 hours ans $100 in materials though, versus $15,000 for aluminum molds.

I will contact you in the future if this is something to explore. Of course, if I have time for that, I will
                  have time to weld my own exhaust too. So maybe in a decade lol.

Comment

This ^^^^ is a very honest reply from a vendor, not all vendors are this candid.

My experience with Paragon has been stellar. I had several questions and Paragon was very quick responding to my inquiries, both by email and phone call.

Our car hasn't arrived yet (1/17 TPW) but I already purchased the touring exhaust and it's sitting in the garage waiting to be installed during the PDI. I started looking at this exhaust after BuyPeaksSellDips posted his comparison video. The wife and I then were able to hear it in person on a used C8 at our local dealer. We weren't able to drive it, but when they started it and did a couple revs my wife looked at me and said "I want that". And being a good husband, I purchased it right away! 🤣

BTW...A shout out to
                    BuyPeaksSellDips
                    ZORA Patron & Sr. Contributor
                    BuyPeaksSellDips for his help while I was researching this purchase!!

Comment

As being an owner of the touring exhaust, I would NOT want the track exhaust. That would be just too loud, and the drone would suck. I made this video on the difference between C8 stock and Paragon Touring.

Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                      Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                      AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post

As being an owner of the touring exhaust, I would NOT want the track exhaust. That would be just too loud, and the drone would suck. I made this video on the difference between C8 stock and Paragon Touring.

Thanks for the great video. It gives me a good idea of the two exhausts and how much difference is between the two. I like the lower exhaust note of the Paragon exhaust, but the slight drone is making me think about it some more.

Good info.

Comment

I will give them a thumbs up for their blind spot mirrors plus their service ( I had installed) was great.

Comment

BuyPeaksSellDips
                            ZORA Patron & Sr. Contributor
                            BuyPeaksSellDips Thanks

What I really like is your rear carbon fascia!

Video is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post

Thanks for the great video. It gives me a good idea of the two exhausts and how much difference is between the two. I like the lower exhaust note of the Paragon exhaust, but the slight drone is making me think about it some more.

Good info.
                              As an FYI, any aftermarket exhaust which is non-valved, will have a little drone when it does into V4 mode (i.e. AFM mode). Thats where you have to ask your self, what your price point is. I believe any Valved exhaust system is going to be closer to the $4,000+ range. After driving with this for 3-4 months, I don't even really notice the AFM drone. If I have the radio on at a medium level, I can't even hear it at all.
                              Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                              Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                              AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X