Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Visible Carbon Fiber

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visible Carbon Fiber

    Does anyone have experience with the C8 visible CF from C7 carbon?

    specifically, quality and ease of install (good directions, good fit).

    input and photos would be greatly appreciated!

    I am considering ordering:
    C8-5B-1 Mirror covers visible carbon fiber $650
    C8-3A-1 Visible CF High Wing Spoiler $1,199
    C8-2A-1 Visible CF ground effects side skirt. $1,399
    C8-1B-1 Visable CF front splitter $1,550
    C8-5A-1 Visible CF grille insert $550

    if anyone has other recommendations on the visible carbon fiber options for the C8 I would also be welcome to that input. I am looking for all of the above plus the engine intake side vents.


    thank you
    Last edited by brad66; 10-07-2021, 11:11 AM. Reason: No links to non forum vendors.

  • #2
    Looks like good prices, no need to go broke over look-a-like CF
    Last edited by brad66; 10-07-2021, 11:22 AM. Reason: No need to quote the post right above yours.
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

    Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
    GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

    Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

    Comment


    • #3
      Check out reviews of their timeliness in delivering products compared to what they say at time of purchase.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

      Comment


      • #4
        I investigated getting parts from C7 carbon, but when they told me the wait was 12 weeks or more, and they had no idea if it would even make it in that timeframe, I passed.

        3LT Coupe, Z51, Torch Red, sueded microfiber seats/wheel with red stitching, BBS CI-R gloss black wheels, engine app package, Carbon Fiber int, Red Calipers, Comp Seats, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Fiber dual roof, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, R8C museum delivery, 5VM exposed carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and AGM carbon fiber high wing

        Comment


        • #5
          I have previously purchased their visible carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts for my former C7. The quality was outstanding, and the pricing was hard to pass up. On our C8, I went with GM product for those items as C7 Carbon was still developing their product back 15 months ago when I was buying those items for our 2020 C8.

          KEEP IN MIND...... so you are comparing apples to apples......... most all of C7 Carbon's visible carbon fiber is top layer only in carbon fiber, where other after market folks such as APSIS, AG MotorSports, RSC ( Racing Sport Concepts), as well as several others use 100% carbon fiber all the way through and most are done in an autoclave.

          On our C8 I have visible carbon fiber parts from : GM, APSIS, AG Motorsports and RSC...... all are exceptional quality, fit and finish. They are all 100% carbon layers. They all match each other completely, with the exception of the GM (5VM) parts which have a slight gold tint to the resin. All the after market parts look GREAT together.
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Strake View Post
            I have previously purchased their visible carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts for my former C7. The quality was outstanding, and the pricing was hard to pass up. On our C8, I went with GM product for those items as C7 Carbon was still developing their product back 15 months ago when I was buying those items for our 2020 C8.

            KEEP IN MIND...... so you are comparing apples to apples......... most all of C7 Carbon's visible carbon fiber is top layer only in carbon fiber, where other after market folks such as APSIS, AG MotorSports, RSC ( Racing Sport Concepts), as well as several others use 100% carbon fiber all the way through and most are done in an autoclave.

            On our C8 I have visible carbon fiber parts from : GM, APSIS, AG Motorsports and RSC...... all are exceptional quality, fit and finish. They are all 100% carbon layers. They all match each other completely, with the exception of the GM (5VM) parts which have a slight gold tint to the resin. All the after market parts look GREAT together.
            Excellent input! Thank you,

            it looks like I will get the engine intake from RSC but I do not like their ground effects. As of what I’m told today Chevy will sell the 5VM, mirror covers, & grill inserts. So that leaves me at a minimum doing aftermarket for the high wing and engine intake. My thought is if I have to do the hard installs which are the two items I can’t get from Chevy I might as well save some money and do it all after market.

            I will look at AG motorsports,

            thank you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Iflyforual View Post

              Excellent input! Thank you,

              it looks like I will get the engine intake from RSC but I do not like their ground effects. As of what I’m told today Chevy will sell the 5VM, mirror covers, & grill inserts. So that leaves me at a minimum doing aftermarket for the high wing and engine intake. My thought is if I have to do the hard installs which are the two items I can’t get from Chevy I might as well save some money and do it all after market.

              I will look at AG motorsports,

              thank you!
              I have OEM GM 5VM that I purchased from Wildhammer for a discount.
              I went with AGMotorsports exposed carbon fiber high wing, and it looks good.
              I have on order, OEM GM carbon fiber mirror covers
              I plan to do the door pieces eventually, not sure from where yet.

              Don't have great close up pics of the high wing... but here's something:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	smallC8-50mm-10.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	317859 Click image for larger version

Name:	smallC8-50mm-9.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	317860

              3LT Coupe, Z51, Torch Red, sueded microfiber seats/wheel with red stitching, BBS CI-R gloss black wheels, engine app package, Carbon Fiber int, Red Calipers, Comp Seats, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Fiber dual roof, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, R8C museum delivery, 5VM exposed carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and AGM carbon fiber high wing

              Comment


              • #8
                I went with AGMotorsport and was absolutely blown away with fitment and look as well as their over the top packaging.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	317868
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iflyforual View Post

                  Excellent input! Thank you,

                  it looks like I will get the engine intake from RSC but I do not like their ground effects. As of what I’m told today Chevy will sell the 5VM, mirror covers, & grill inserts. So that leaves me at a minimum doing aftermarket for the high wing and engine intake. My thought is if I have to do the hard installs which are the two items I can’t get from Chevy I might as well save some money and do it all after market.

                  I will look at AG motorsports,

                  thank you!
                  From AG Motorsports, I got the the mirror caps, front grill trim pieces, Z51 carbon fiber spoiler, top rear hatch camera piece, rear diffuser and 3 piece engine bay to hide the ugly GM cheap plastic surround. CF Fish.

                  From APSIS, I got the A pillar pieces and B pillar pieces, as well as the rear vents and coming next week is the bottom rear hatch under glass piece and then my custom carbon fiber Heated steering wheel. The A pillar pieces and mirror caps match perfectly, although the lighting in the pic doesn't look like it.

                  From RSC, I got the rear hatch vent side pieces

                  From Anderson Composites I got the rear lower diffuser FINS which are attached to the AG Motorsports rear diffuser !

                  From Performance Corvettes Orlando, I got the door handle / boomerangs

                  From GM I got the 5VM front splitter and side skirts. Purchased through ShopChevyParts.com

                  From Paragon Performance Rear hatch hydraulic struts in Carbon Fiber..... sorry, I don't have a pic of them installed.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Strake's C8 rear all carbon.cropped.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	303.3 KB ID:	317877
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Strake; 10-07-2021, 06:03 PM.
                  3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Strake View Post

                    From AG Motorsports, I got the the mirror caps, front grill trim pieces, Z51 carbon fiber spoiler, top rear hatch camera piece, rear diffuser and 3 piece engine bay to hide the ugly GM cheap plastic surround. CF Fish.

                    From APSIS, I got the A pillar pieces and B pillar pieces, as well as the rear vents and coming next week is the bottom rear hatch under glass piece and then my custom carbon fiber Heated steering wheel. The A pillar pieces and mirror caps match perfectly, although the lighting in the pic doesn't look like it.

                    From RSC, I got the rear hatch vent side pieces

                    From Anderson Composites I got the rear lower diffuser FINS which are attached to the AG Motorsports rear diffuser !

                    From Performance Corvettes Orlando, I got the door handle / boomerangs

                    From GM I got the 5VM front splitter and side skirts. Purchased through ShopChevyParts.com

                    From Paragon Performance Rear hatch hydraulic struts in Carbon Fiber..... sorry, I don't have a pic of them installed.
                    Excellent post thank you for the great input, I have a specific question about your door boomerangs/engine intake.
                    you said you got them from performance Corvettes Orlando. I have checked their website and I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong but I can’t get it to list any items it says no inventory…….. but beyond that it clearly says that they are selling other manufacturers products and they don’t stock inventory so my question is who actually manufactured your boomerangs? Are they stick on like the AGM motorsports or are they take door apart like RSC?

                    either way please let me know how the install process went as they look fantastic in your photos!

                    thank you!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Marcho Polo View Post

                      I have OEM GM 5VM that I purchased from Wildhammer for a discount.
                      I went with AGMotorsports exposed carbon fiber high wing, and it looks good.
                      I have on order, OEM GM carbon fiber mirror covers
                      I plan to do the door pieces eventually, not sure from where yet.

                      Don't have great close up pics of the high wing... but here's something:
                      Thank you for the photos I think due to the input from you guys I am going to switch much of my purchase to AGM, i’m still a bit unsure about the door boomerangs though I’m not convinced the quality of the stick on‘s is going to be up to par but hopefully you guys can shed some light on that I could very well be wrong. The RSC boomerangs will be harder to install but look like higher quality??? Of course I haven’t actually seen any of these yet….

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iflyforual View Post

                        Excellent post thank you for the great input, I have a specific question about your door boomerangs/engine intake.
                        you said you got them from performance Corvettes Orlando. I have checked their website and I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong but I can’t get it to list any items it says no inventory…….. but beyond that it clearly says that they are selling other manufacturers products and they don’t stock inventory so my question is who actually manufactured your boomerangs? Are they stick on like the AGM motorsports or are they take door apart like RSC?

                        either way please let me know how the install process went as they look fantastic in your photos!

                        thank you!
                        So I don't know who is the actual manufacturer of the boomerangs and door handle pieces as Performance Corvettes brings them in and I DID opt for the additional UV Clearcoating and buffing, rather than the lower priced epoxy coating which they remove. They ARE overlay pieces, significantly less expensive than buying replacement pieces and taking the door panel apart and door switch. I have no heartburn with that. These "stick on" pieces look just as good and you would only notice if you open the door and see the return flange.

                        I think my delivery time was about 6 weeks. Going by memory, but it's been about 6 months now.
                        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Strake View Post

                          So I don't know who is the actual manufacturer of the boomerangs and door handle pieces as Performance Corvettes brings them in and I DID opt for the additional UV Clearcoating and buffing, rather than the lower priced epoxy coating which they remove. They ARE overlay pieces, significantly less expensive than buying replacement pieces and taking the door panel apart and door switch. I have no heartburn with that. These "stick on" pieces look just as good and you would only notice if you open the door and see the return flange.

                          I think my delivery time was about 6 weeks. Going by memory, but it's been about 6 months now.
                          OK thanks again!
                          I’m having AGM work up a price for me I think I can get everything I want from them which will include the stick on boomerangs as yours look like a factory finish…… again I appreciate the photos

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Say Hi to Anthony for me...... he treated me very well. Stand up company and individual !

                            Richard S
                            3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

                            Comment

                            MECF_728x90_bottom

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X