Key fob case/cover/protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key fob case/cover/protector

Does anyone know where to find a key fob cover for the C8? I thought I would find a wide selection out there, but after some time searching online, I can only find a couple “carbon fiber” ones that are not what I’m looking for.
    On order... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK....
    1/28/21 - Deposit and Status 1100 (Original order as ‘21) : 7/2/21 - Status 1100 (Reordered as ‘22) : 9/7/21 - Status 2000 : 9/8/21 - Status 3000 : 9/14/21 - Status 3100

Click image for larger version

Name:	fob.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	951.3 KB
ID:	310685 Click image for larger version

Name:	fob1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	310684 Click image for larger version

Name:	fob.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	951.3 KB
ID:	310683Made for the Caddy but works perfectly for the C8. I've had it for a year now and am very pleased with it.

Comment

I used one of those Caddy covers for a little while, and gave up on it. It makes an already large fob huge, and I didn't like having it in my pocket. I honestly don't see a need to "protect" the fob with a cover.

OP, the one pictured above is available on Amazon. Probably on ebay, too.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by undy View Post
        Made for the Caddy but works perfectly for the C8. I've had it for a year now and am very pleased with it.
        That’s the one I’m using too. I really like that it is encapsulated. It does make it a bit bigger but it stays in my pocket anyways, not a big deal to me.

Name:	CB4937EA-32CF-4DA0-A818-08316A0C6832.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	310787 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DFE7DC9-F521-4F15-B59C-29BF22DFA7FD.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	310788

Comment

Originally posted by GreatDane21 View Post
          Does anyone know where to find a key fob cover for the C8? I thought I would find a wide selection out there, but after some time searching online, I can only find a couple “carbon fiber” ones that are not what I’m looking for.
          You are so right. There's hardly anything out there. Found this leather case on Amazon, https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....483369110_.gif Made by Vitodeco. I could live without the leather strap, but that can be easily removed. My C7 key fob was scratched and beaten up from spending years in my pocket with other keys.
          2014 C7 3LT Coupe Laguna Blue Z51, SOLD but not forgotten
          DEPOSIT 9/3/20 at Criswell
          1100 9/11/21
          2000 9/17/21
          3000 9/22/21
          2022 C8 HTC 3LT Z51 Red Mist Metallic, Natural Dipped Interior, Carbon Flash Nacelles, Carbon Flash Dual Racing Stripes, Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Rear Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Magnetic Ride Control, Front Lift, Edge Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

That’s the one I’m using too. I really like that it is encapsulated. It does make it a bit bigger but it stays in my pocket anyways, not a big deal to me.

Name:	CB4937EA-32CF-4DA0-A818-08316A0C6832.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	310787 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DFE7DC9-F521-4F15-B59C-29BF22DFA7FD.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	310788
            With its smooth exterior it actually slides in and out of my pocket quicker and easier than the bare factory fob did. 1 year and zero wear of the fob's lettering/symbols too. I don't mind the larger size as it evens thing out a bit with my Colt .380 in my other front pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
              I'm using the same one. It's about as low profile as you can get. I did braid some 550 cord to form a short lanyard for the loop. After scratching up previous key fobs and wearing the markings off buttons, I always put covers on my key fobs now.
              I'm really surprised that a C8-specific version of that cover is taking this long to come out. I'd have thought that the company would bring it to market quickly.

Comment

Appreciate the responses!!!
                On order... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK....
                1/28/21 - Deposit and Status 1100 (Original order as ‘21) : 7/2/21 - Status 1100 (Reordered as ‘22) : 9/7/21 - Status 2000 : 9/8/21 - Status 3000 : 9/14/21 - Status 3100

Comment

Have you looked at the ones on NCM store online?

Comment

Originally posted by Afterburner View Post
                    Have you looked at the ones on NCM store online?
                    Does the NCM online store sell any C8 fob stuff? I didn't see anything there.

Comment

I couldn't find it when i searched. Thought I had see some there a couple of weeks ago but It must not have been there, Sorry to waste your time.

Comment

If you search Google for "Corvette C8 key fob case" you will find several that are available.

Thanks
                        Lee

Comment

Yea I know it's a waste of money ... but

Name:	KeyFobC8.png
Views:	123
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	311161
                          1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                          2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                          GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

I took a look at the carbon fiber ones on EBay and Amazon and they're pretty pricey. Here's to hoping the pricing will come down when more vendors start making them.

Comment

The carbon fiber ones don't cover the buttons, do they? I'd want the buttons covered.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X