Garage remodel tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage remodel tips

Anybody have any ideas on where to purchase cool corvette related stuff for the garage walls? Thanks in advance! Please post pics if you have tricked out your own garage
    Rapid Blue Z51 coupe, 2LT, natural/black, MRC, front lift, engine appearance package, red engine cover. August 2019 deposit, November 2020 delivery. Today? Happy camper 😀

That stuff is everywhere really. Just type C8 Corvette accessories into your search engine and a plethora of sites should pop up.

Comment

NCM store for one, but as stated above, just about everyone such as eBay, Amazon, and every Corvette accessory online store all sells about anything you could hope for.

If you are really doing a "remodel" of your garage, you might also want to consider flooring, such as SwissTrax or others, as well as storage cabinets, etc also.
      3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thanks. I have actually been researching SwissTrax. Strake, have you installed them? If yes, do you live where there is snow? I’m a bit concerned that the winter grime will be hard to remove
        Rapid Blue Z51 coupe, 2LT, natural/black, MRC, front lift, engine appearance package, red engine cover. August 2019 deposit, November 2020 delivery. Today? Happy camper 😀

Comment

Try the Lizton Sign shop. All aluminum, made in America, family owned. Some degree of customization is allowed. I purchased a couple of their signs and am very happy with them.

My favorite C8 sign however is from the GM, available as per above at the Corvette Museum store. It is stainless steel and with its 3D shapes, it picks up light from many sources in your room and “pops!” It is also fairly large (guessing about 14”).

https://corvettestore.com/home-offic...ignc8emb-1819/

Click image for larger version

Name:	099977E6-102C-46FC-9884-226F41AD72DF.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	257770
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by KRM View Post
            Thanks. I have actually been researching SwissTrax. Strake, have you installed them? If yes, do you live where there is snow? I’m a bit concerned that the winter grime will be hard to remove
            YES, I have the SwissTrax Ribtrax Pro flooring down in my garage. I installed it about 5 years ago. Still looks like new. I live in PA and we get snow. It's not an issue. Any winter junk melts off and the water runs out through the underside grooves to allow for drainage. Any salt, grime, cinders, etc fall through to the concrete floor. Since we're retired, we don't usually go out on a daily basis even in our daily driver during snow storms. We plan ahead. But for those times when we do, come spring time, I just use my shop vac and vacuum up the flooring sucking up the junk from underneath.

If it gets exceptionally bad with salt, etc. you can always just pull up a section of the flooring in the spring time, drag it out into your drive way and wash down the concrete floor, or power wash it and then hose off the Swiss trax piece and pull it back into place. EASY...... I have only pulled up a large section of my flooring once and pulled it out to clean after winter grime 1 time. The rest of the times, have just used the Shop Vac a couple of times a year.
            3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I have racedeck free flow floor tiles in Chicago area and absolutely love them. Very functional in the winter, snow melts and no puddles. You can literally walk around the garage in winter in socks and usually no issue. Cleans relatively easily after winter, there are some you tube videos that show various ways to clean the. I got the corvette lettering on Etsy, and picked up a few things from NCM as well.

Name:	4C3979D9-E09E-45F4-A461-2C2CE557BBDA.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	257779 Click image for larger version

Name:	6A3A4587-54CF-4A16-807D-280BC1A6C061.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	257780 Click image for larger version

Name:	76673B7A-C2A2-433D-8DCD-5B9A553AC9DA.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	257781
              Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
              2000 status 2/13/2021
              3000 status 2/17/2021

Comment

For those with plastic flooring.... did you put anything down under the flooring? An installer friend of mine tipped me to putting "Weed Matt" under the tile to take some of the sound out of the tile as you walk/roll things across it. He also says it makes cleanup easier. I haven't had any major cleanups to take care of but I can say the "clatter" of walking on plastic is reduced and the black Weed Matt also makes a better background for the see-thru/drain-thru tiles. My concrete was level, but ugly with stains.
                2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3400 status, scheduled for build 4/14

Comment

^^^^ NO, I did not put anything down.

When comparing choices of tiles, I found that the SwissTrax RibTrax original round top style was much better than the sample tile I received from RaceDeck for hiding existing stains on the floor and seeing through to the concrete flooring. I only have 1 oil stain about 6" in diameter and used that area for comparing tile samples prior to my purchase.

I have no issue without additional matting for noise. I have not noticed any clattering when walking or dragging something across the SwissTrax flooring. In fact, it would be easier to use the shop vac to suck up sand and debris without the additional fabric underneath. I shop vac my floor from the top side of the SwissTrax usually about twice a year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Straker.C8.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	257844
                  Last edited by Strake; 04-08-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I have Race Deck tiles in my garage (Chicago area) and have found them to be very durable. For cleaning I vacuum first, then scub the tiles with Mr. Clean, hose down and then blow the remaining water with a leaf blower. I have assorted Corvette themed wall hangings purchased from Amazon, Etsy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                      ^^^^
                      I have no issue without additional matting for noise. I have not noticed any clattering when walking or dragging something across the SwissTrax flooring. In fact, it would be easier to use the shop vac to suck up sand and debris without the additional fabric underneath. I shop vac my floor from the top side of the SwissTrax usually about twice a year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Straker.C8.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	257844
                      I do the same thing (vacuum) although probably more than twice a year. Since I don't have my C8 yet my garage doubles as a paint booth, carpentry space, holding area, etc. I will say this... I am sure that a bare gray concrete floor will do better at hiding what slips through the cracks than black Weed Matt. It's like having a black car. Still I can vacuum away whatever slips through.
                      2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3400 status, scheduled for build 4/14

Comment

I just like oil and gas stuff from the 50’s and 60’s. Original signs and such. The stuff goes up in value over the years. Click image for larger version

Name:	D08F400F-A0E1-4D2E-9CE1-9471E636AD31.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	257863
                        Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

I have solid plastic tiles on my garage floor from garageflooringLLC.com (TrueLock HDXT diamond pattern). I have been very happy with the results. I did put down a layer of weed control barrier (Amazon) and the tiles are very quiet and a little “softer” I think. I don’t have much snow and ice to deal with, I simply blow out the dirt and such with a leaf blower and wipe/mop any offending dirty spots occasionally. My wife doesn’t get it, she thinks I’m crazy for treating the garage like a real room in the house!

Name:	34E16B95-8D0E-435B-A042-8CB8B3FDB497.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	257873

Comment

Yep - after I put down the tile and painted she wanted to know if I thought hanging her chandelier would keep the garage door from opening.

Comment

I used a combination of decals from a local sign shop and paint on the walls to create a focal point. Professional grade epoxy floor and industrial grade cabinets. Done during Covid with all the extra time while waiting for the arrival of my new C8. It was a lot of fun and I am very happy with the outcome.

Name:	Garage.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	897.2 KB
ID:	258020
                              Attached Files

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X