Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curb camera on the way?

Howdy.

So for the folks out there with no front camera help may soon be on the way.

I contacted Navtool in New Jersey about a front camera interface to tie into the C8 infotainment system.

Currently they have systems up to the 2017 vette. Link below.

CHEVROLET CORVETTE 2014-2017 Unlock Interface with Multiple Camera Switching (navtool.com)

They do not however have a system for the C8.

The light at the end of the tunnel however is they are working on one and expect it to be out in 6 months.

Now this sounds good but, it sounded like it was not a big item on their list since it seems the rep I talked to was thinking it would be a low demand item.

With belief in the old saying "The squeaky wheel get's the oil" I would like to suggest a "Blitz Campaign" to get them to bring this product to market.

I have attached their email address. Please Email them and say you would like a front camera interface for the C8 asap.

I would also ask that if this is an item you want, reply to this post and I will keep a tally. If we get enough maybe we try a group buy with a reduced bulk buy price with them and see if that gets things rolling.

Cost should be about $250.

[email protected]>

LET'S GO TEAM MECF!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lewsthomas View Post
    Howdy.

I contacted Navtool in New Jersey about a front camera interface to tie into the C8 infotainment system.

CHEVROLET CORVETTE 2014-2017 Unlock Interface with Multiple Camera Switching (navtool.com)

The light at the end of the tunnel however is they are working on one and expect it to be out in 6 months.

Now this sounds good but, it sounded like it was not a big item on their list since it seems the rep I talked to was thinking it would be a low demand item.

With belief in the old saying "The squeaky wheel get's the oil" I would like to suggest a "Blitz Campaign" to get them to bring this product to market.

I have attached their email address. Please Email them and say you would like a front camera interface for the C8 asap.

I would also ask that if this is an item you want, reply to this post and I will keep a tally. If we get enough maybe we try a group buy with a reduced bulk buy price with them and see if that gets things rolling.

[email protected]>

LET'S GO TEAM MECF!!!!!!
    C8 already has a front curb camera available in the 2LT and 3LT trim. For those still in process of ordering - a 2LT package has so many goodies you would enjoy. Especially the front and rear cameras.

2LT
    • Head-Up Display
    • Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment
    • Wireless Phone Charging
    • Heated and Vented Seats
    • Heated Steering Wheel
    • Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
    • Navigation with Traffic
    • Performance Data Recorder
    • SiriusXM Satellite Radio® with 1-year Subscription
    • Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
    • Power-Folding Mirrors
    • Rear Camera Mirror – Coupe
    • Memory Package
    • Curb View Camera
    • Side Blind Zone Alert
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
    • Parcel Nets
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 02-23-2021, 03:56 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Yepper. This is more for the 1lt crowd

Comment

20 years driving my Slammed C5 and not once scraped the front.

Just be carful until Technology catches up.
        [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
        [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

...2LT, Universal Home Remote Sun Visor...
          This is one of the few 2LT features I wish I had...

It kind of cracks me up that my C8/HTC/Z51/1LT has sophisticated driving and convenience technologies like rear mirror camera, wireless carplay, digital dash, bose stereo, eLSD, launch control, multiple drive modes, and one of the most sophisticated dual clutch transmissions around...But to get the package that would give me a an opener built-in to my visor (20 year old technology) would cost me $6,700.

Internet connected geo-fenced openers, here I come!
          Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
          Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Howdy.

[email protected]>

LET'S GO TEAM MECF!!!!!!
            Let's hope their estimate is better than they gave for the C7, which arrived, after many, many lies, and taking deposits from a lot of people, about year later than promised. I had to go through my credit card company to get my deposit back, because they refused to refund it. I'll never deal with Navtool again.

Oh, yeah, the business address they gave was an empty lot. When called on it, they gave another one which turned out to be a real estate office. Shady, at best.
            Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by pfbz View Post

It kind of cracks me up that my C8/HTC/Z51/1LT has sophisticated driving and convenience technologies like rear mirror camera, wireless carplay, digital dash, bose stereo, eLSD, launch control, multiple drive modes, and one of the most sophisticated dual clutch transmissions around...But to get the package that would give me a an opener built-in to my visor (20 year old technology) would cost me $6,700.

Internet connected geo-fenced openers, here I come!
              On the C7, all you had to do was replace the driver's sun visor with one from the 2LT.
              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I'm sure they'll react really well to this.

Comment

[QUOTE=pfbz;n244037]

There are a really lot of features besides the Garage Door Opener and over the years of enjoyment it will be easy to get your money out of every one of them.

The Rear Cross Traffic Alert has saved me a couple of times backing out of a parking spot with Suv on one side and Van on the other. Was not something I thought I ever needed but surely glad I have it.

The Side Blind Zone Alert is definitely nice when in heavy traffic with people merging into your lane to glance at the side mirror and know with confidence there is nobody near that side so you can abruptly move into that lane.

The Power Folding Mirrors are also a really nice feature as well as they really stick out far.

The Heated and Vented Seats are really My Favorite. Living in Florida with it being Hot most of the year I extremely enjoy turning on the air and then turning on the seat blower to keep your rear and back nice and cool. Extremely nice on long trips or stop and go traffic.

The Curb View Camera - Priceless as you can pull within an inch from a curb on the side of you or front of you and not worry about hitting your front splitter or scraping your wheels.

Navigation System - Also excellent when in an area you are looking for certain things with the push of a button. (I know you can use your phone, but it's still Way More Distracting )

Heads Up Display - Keeps you in check without having to focus on the dash as (It's Really Easy To Speed in this thing).

Performance Data Recorder - Great to have running while driving just to have Proof of what happened in case of an accident - or allowing someone to drive the vehicle and have a record of their session ( Service , Valet ).

Bose 14 Speaker Sound System sounds incredible if you take the time to adjust all of the Zones, Fade, Balance Bass and Treble to your taste. I have had many compliments on the Clarity and Bass Response.

Advanced Theft Deterrent System - Hopefully will never need it, but it's there.
                  Last edited by Frenzy36; 02-23-2021, 11:32 PM.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                    There are a really lot of features besides the Garage Door Opener and over the years of enjoyment it will be easy to get your money out of every one of them.
                    Different strokes... I get it.

But really, I have not even the slightest interest in most of those features. I've had them on other cars. total indifference for most, real dislike for several (like any of the 'alert' systems).

Yeah, I use the cooled seats on my Turbo a handful of times a year but certainly can live without them. If I lived in FL, AZ, TX, or another hot/humid place, it would likely be more important to me. Heated seats? umm, no. HUD? umm, no. Nav? Completely redundant with Carplay. PDR? Yup, i would use that about six times a year on track days.

I am *absolutely* not judging others who feel these are important features! For me, Z51 was an absolute MUST HAVE and plenty of people disagree with me on that one, so everyone should buy what makes them happy!
                    Last edited by pfbz; 02-24-2021, 12:03 AM.
                    Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
                    Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Originally posted by Ugolino View Post

I'm sure they'll react really well to this.
                      As the sales rep mentioned they were not sure if much demand.

If you don't know it's needed, your probably not going to make it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X