Lowering non-Z51 with no lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering non-Z51 with no lift.

My C8 will have no Z-51 and no front end lift. I know lowering the car is a no go at this time because of the suspension. I read somewhere in here that a member bought new Z51 shocks from the dealer that allowed him to lower the front about 1 inch. What I'm asking is, will that solution also work for the rear if I buy Z51 rear shocks?

Yes, you can buy the FE3 strut/shock and install your current springs or even buy the FE3 springs and have z51 suspension.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2021articspeed; 02-10-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

You can get close but of course unless bushings and any other Z51 specific components are also changed, one will not have the full Z51 suspension.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        You can get close but of course unless bushings and any other Z51 specific components are also changed, one will not have the full Z51 suspension.
        Just looked and only the rear sway bar is different. Front and rear upper and lower control arms are all the same.
        part numbers for non and z51 rear sway bar attached. The front sway bar is the same even the bushing and end links.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 2021articspeed; 02-11-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Will your C8 have the FE2, MSRC, suspension? If so, it will include the adjustable collars.
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Yes, rear sway bar is only slightly thicker. The main difference is the coils. They are stiffer. Even the shock bodies rebound rates are the same. Main difference in shock bodies are the lowering perches.
            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

So... trying to better understand post #5, for those who know:

I haven’t ordered yet and post delivery will be interested in lowering all four corners .75” or so. I don’t plan to order Z51 or Magnetic Ride but I will need/order Front End Lift.

If I order FE Lift AND MSRC, I’ll then not need to purchase the Z51 shocks because one gets the adjustable perches with MSRC?
              The cost of adding MSRC to my build will be offset by the four Z51 shocks that I won’t have to buy??

Or will I need aftermarket collars for the front no matter because of having FE Lift?

Comment

If you don't order mag ride and if you don't order front lift you will need to order all four Z51 shock bodies so you have the lowering perches. If you do order mag ride with no front lift you are good to lower all four corners. If you order mag ride and front lift then you will need a set of Cicio lowering collars to lower the front.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Paragon Performance also sells a set of lowering springs that will lower the car half an inch. I'm just not sure if they are only for Z51 or perhaps non z51 as well. Check their site.

Comment

If you want to look at more options, Lingenfelter also made a lowering collar too. Theirs have a .25" ring that allows you to go .5" or .75" so you have some options if you think .75" is too low.

Comment

So if I do as I initially intended and order only FE Lift, then I’ll need collars for the front and z51 shocks for the rear, right?
                      Or—- will I need all four z51 shocks AND the aftermarket collars for the front?
                      Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 4camv8 View Post
                        So if I do as I initially intended and order only FE Lift, then I’ll need collars for the front and z51 shocks for the rear, right?
                        Many thanks!
                        The first is correct. With FEL and no MSRC you'll need collars in front and Z51 shock bodies in back.
                        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Many thanks!
                          Read post #7 again.

Comment

Post #7 was/is my post.
                            Not sure why I would want to read again?
                            Along with helpful information from others, Meyerweb graciously answered my question...
                            Might want to use those fingers/toes to assist in the numbers thing...

Comment

Many thanks!
                              If you're ordering a non-Z51 with front end lift and without mag ride you will need Cicio lowering collars (or equivalent) up front and Z51 shock bodies out back.
                              If you're ordering a non-Z51 with front end lift and with mag ride then you will only need the Cicio lowering collars (or equivalent) up front.

Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X