Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Bought splitter and disappointed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought splitter and disappointed!

I bought the $159 unpainted splitter from Extreme Online Store (not bashing them). I am extremely disappointed with what I got, waiting to hear back from them. It not solid, it's a cheap plastic mold that I wouldn't put on any car. I didn't expect greatness, but I did think I was getting a solid piece that would be better quality than this. I thought it would be hard rubber and durable. No one really shows the underside of the splitters. It's hard to tell what you get.

What a good splitter (not carbon fiber) under $500?

I looked at scrape armor, but that doesn't look like a splitter, more just underside armor.

(1st time uploading pics)

Click image for larger version

Name:	splitter.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	234668
    Attached Files
    2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: OneHotC8
    YouTube:One Hot C8

I think if you were able to see the underside of most aftermarket splitters you would see the same thing. Most of them are not solid underneath. I think that's why most websites that sell them never show the underside.

Comment

Is the factory splitter finished underneath? I suspect even it it is, it's hollow. A solid piece that size would be a lot heavier.
      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        Is the factory splitter finished underneath? I suspect even it it is, it's hollow. A solid piece that size would be a lot heavier.
        No, the factory Z51 splitter it not finished underneath. The whole thing is a molded piece of plastic, slightly over 1/10” thick. Here’s a picture of the top and bottom of the end pieces. I’m planning to install them and my grill screens today. I got my JackPoint Jack stands earlier this week.

Name:	07F20068-08D1-483A-8693-87AF9998E1F1.jpeg
Views:	457
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	234903

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

No, the factory Z51 splitter it not finished underneath. The whole thing is a molded piece of plastic, slightly over 1/10” thick. Here’s a picture of the top and bottom of the end pieces. I’m planning to install them and my grill screens today. I got my JackPoint Jack stands earlier this week.
          Thank you for those pics! Would you say the OEM is soft plastic, bendable like plastic car trim? If you scrapped it on a curb it would scratch, but not break off in pieces?

Mine is HARD brittle plastic would crack and shatter. If I hit a curb it would break into pieces.

I want something that won't shatter on impact, lol.
          2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin C8 View Post
            I think if you were able to see the underside of most aftermarket splitters you would see the same thing. Most of them are not solid underneath. I think that's why most websites that sell them never show the underside.
            You are correct, however there is a significant difference in quality between the EOS and the factory splitter. I also have both and the EOS is absolutely flimsy as described above.

Comment

Originally posted by OneHotC8 View Post

Thank you for those pics! Would you say the OEM is soft plastic, bendable like plastic car trim? If you scrapped it on a curb it would scratch, but not break off in pieces?

Mine is HARD brittle plastic would crack and shatter. If I hit a curb it would break into pieces.

I want something that won't shatter on impact, lol.
              Yes, the OEM Z51 splitter (Spoiler Package, GM part # 84718127) is a softer, bendable plastic trim piece (pieces, as it comes in 3 pieces). I believe it would simply get scratched up on the bottom if lightly scrapping an incline or such, it would be difficult to break it I think. If you his something hard enough to break it you will probably damage the entire front fascia.

Comment

The oem splitter is pretty cheap looking if you look closely at it...i try not to look......surprisingly its not getting dinged or scrapped over the past 40000 miles.....looks as good as the day i picked up the car which isnt saying much considering.

i think you need to spend more than $500 to get a nice quality one if it matters to you...

as it is...no one has yet to look at the c8 and suggest the splitter down that low is crummy looking.

im still shocked I havent dinged it or knocked it off ...compared to earlier generation corvettes this generation approach angle is much more livable.

let us know what you end up doing.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  The oem splitter is pretty cheap looking if you look closely at it...i try not to look......surprisingly its not getting dinged or scrapped over the past 40000 miles.....looks as good as the day i picked up the car which isnt saying much considering.

i think you need to spend more than $500 to get a nice quality one if it matters to you...

as it is...no one has yet to look at the c8 and suggest the splitter down that low is crummy looking.

im still shocked I havent dinged it or knocked it off ...compared to earlier generation corvettes this generation approach angle is much more livable.

let us know what you end up doing.
                  I know what you are saying, but I am a ModGenius and all I need is the stock OEM. I don't want carbon fiber and I don't need a painted one. I just need one that will NOT shatter or crack. Looks like ACS sells the OEM one and I have found a few sites that sell the OEM part number, but I am not sure it is the correct part # for the C8 Splitter. How do I tell?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    The oem splitter is pretty cheap looking if you look closely at it...
                    All they had to do was make it carbon flash. I think the sideskirts I didn't order have the same texture.

Comment

Not trying to belittle any poster or product; having said that, I think that old adage applies here “you get what you pay for”. Sorry to hear it’s not well made, but, now you know, and thanks to you, those of us who may have considered going cheap to save a few $$$, will instead perhaps spend a few more $ for a better manufactured product.
                      07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

The OEM front splitter is thin, hollow and intentionally in three pieces, its almost a sacrificial part. I plan to purchase the whole 5VM ground effects kit soon and did allot of research to make sure it will be made with good quality and fit. I have narrowed it down to 2 companies.
                        2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

I bought the $159 unpainted splitter from Extreme Online Store (not bashing them). I am extremely disappointed with what I got, waiting to hear back from them. It not solid, it's a cheap plastic mold that I wouldn't put on any car. I didn't expect greatness, but I did think I was getting a solid piece that would be better quality than this. I thought it would be hard rubber and durable. No one really shows the underside of the splitters. It's hard to tell what you get.

What a good splitter (not carbon fiber) under $500?

I looked at scrape armor, but that doesn't look like a splitter, more just underside armor.

(1st time uploading pics)

Name:	splitter.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	234668
                          Take the one you have and use it to make a mold.
                          Then you can make one out of carbon fiber
                          Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                          Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                          Home 08/10/20

Comment

It never seizes to amaze me how the American consumer (I’m one too) always looks to save a dollar. Who doesn’t like saving $ right? We, as consumers (myself including) easily spend upwards of $100,000 on a brand new C8, but when I/we see a “deal” on accessories, I/we go cheap, only to be disappointed at the outcome for me/us having made that hasty decision on a cheap product, whereas, had I/we conducted a better amount of due diligence, and used our independent research skills a little better, we would’ve discovered that there’s good; better & best products available for our cars, and the so called “good” ones in many cases are not durable, and in some cases too, the so called “best” products are disappointing too. That’s why I truly believe that “Buyer Beware” is always a good rule of thumb when making these purchase decisions. Look for multiple reviews of the product. Search online to see who else offers it for sale, not so much as a price comparison tool, but to help determine the viability of the product. Unfortunately, even after doing all the above, we can still get “taken” and become disappointed at our purchase.

Happily, that is NOT the case for a majority of us who have purchased our new C8’s but alas, I can certainly empathize with the OP in this discussion, as there simply is not enough quality C8 accessories available to us as of yet.
                            07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

I know what you are saying, but I am a ModGenius and all I need is the stock OEM. I don't want carbon fiber and I don't need a painted one. I just need one that will NOT shatter or crack. Looks like ACS sells the OEM one and I have found a few sites that sell the OEM part number, but I am not sure it is the correct part # for the C8 Splitter. How do I tell?
                              I posted the part number for you, GM Part # 84718127, they call it a “Spoiler Package.” That’s how you can tell, that part number described as a spoiler package. Most parts web sites have a picture too. I installed mine yesterday along with the mesh screens:

Name:	57AB3DF2-130B-4F2F-BB9B-01795AB1E9CE.jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	235290

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X