Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzyng
    replied
    Thanks for the response. I will start with the cats then and see how it goes. I do like the look of the round tips much better but will hold out and perhaps take advantage of some price breaks closer to the holidays ... hoping :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    Originally posted by buzzyng View Post
    Sparro I was going to do the Fabspeed cat + exhaust but the total cost has kept me from the pulling the trigger. The 2M gives me hope now. I think I still want to do both but dang just the cats seem like it might be enough. Your thoughts ... is it just as easy to swap out the exhaust later if the cats will suffice or should I plan to do both an just pull everything at once. Just not sure the level of effort. thanks for your updates
    The cats alone make a big difference in sound. It will be enough for most people and by far is the best bang for your buck to get a huge sound increase. I always wanted to do a cat back just because I hate the square tips, to me they are ugly. The difference in sound when I added the cat back was once again a huge increase, not only in volume but it refined the sound to give it a more exotic rumble. You can do it in stages like I did, the two don't have to be done at the same time. The cat back will require rear bumper removal whereas the cats do not.

Leave a comment:

• buzzyng
    replied
    Sparro I was going to do the Fabspeed cat + exhaust but the total cost has kept me from the pulling the trigger. The 2M gives me hope now. I think I still want to do both but dang just the cats seem like it might be enough. Your thoughts ... is it just as easy to swap out the exhaust later if the cats will suffice or should I plan to do both an just pull everything at once. Just not sure the level of effort. thanks for your updates

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post
    Sparro , I watched your video, it sounds great.
    I am still trying to hear it in person. Have few folks in NJ area who changed the exhaust but could not meet up with them yet to hear it in person. I think sound varies dramatically on phone videos and which location your microphone was while recording.
    Really wish I could hear them in person in tristate area.
    I know exactly what you mean brother. Trust me when I say, the sport cats plus this exhaust is DAY/NIGHT difference. Huge difference over stock. I thought the sport cats was a big change, put this exhaust on too and its next level.

Leave a comment:

• 10secondCar
    replied
    Sparro , I watched your video, it sounds great.
    I am still trying to hear it in person. Have few folks in NJ area who changed the exhaust but could not meet up with them yet to hear it in person. I think sound varies dramatically on phone videos and which location your microphone was while recording.
    Really wish I could hear them in person in tristate area.

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    Have you had someone else drive the car so you can hear what it sounds like to a passerby?
    Just when the service manager was moving it on and off the 4-post lift and around the parking lot of the dealership and it sounded really good at those low speeds, nice rubble to it moving around. I'll have to get my son out with me so I can shoot some video of going past at various speeds.

Leave a comment:

• Ragtop 99
    replied
    Have you had someone else drive the car so you can hear what it sounds like to a passerby?

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    I needed a couple of days to put together some footage, but I now have a video up of my Fabspeed Exhaust. Link posted below...

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyb9eVo47ks

Leave a comment:

• jlc41
    replied
    How about letting us hear it?

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    OMG... this exhaust (coupled with the sport cats) is INSANE!!!! I thought it was loud with just the sport cats, this Fabspeed Exhaust brings it over the top. Standing behind the car you feel it in your chest. I never felt it in my chest with just sport cats. It growls like an angry animal. Even just idling and cruising at slow speed through town the sound!!! I honestly did not expect it to sound this loud and good. I'm glad I have the Valvetronic because there's no way my wife will wanna drive with valves open all the time. Before with just sport cats I couldn't hear the engine cruising down the highway, I had to open the rear window to hear it. Now, forget it... all windows up, radio on and you hear that beast behind you all the time. To me it sounds like when I hear a Ferrari or McLaren cruising slowly, you hear that exhaust note and you know something is coming, well now that's what this car sounds like. It's insane and anyone that wants to be loud and proud, you will NOT be disappointed. I'll post some pics below. Working on a video I'll post up too later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 7.19.57 PM.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	261186 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 7.20.30 PM.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	261187 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 7.20.31 PM (1).jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	261188 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 7.20.31 PM.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	261189

Leave a comment:

• ratso
    replied
    Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post
    What does everyone think about new Lingenfelter Corsa Extreme exhaust which just came out 2 days ago?
    I think you're paying a premium to get their name on it.

Leave a comment:

• 10secondCar
    replied
    What does everyone think about new Lingenfelter Corsa Extreme exhaust which just came out 2 days ago?

Leave a comment:

• ratso
    replied
    Nice! I'm getting the new Corsa Track exhaust installed at the dealer Tuesday. Can't wait! Decided not to install my 2m Sport Cats at this time as the Corsa alone is pretty loud.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Until you live next door to an officer.
    My officer-next-door drives a '67 Chevelle with a 427 and glass packs. He understands....

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
    Dude ... your Car Sounded GREAT already, now I can't wait to Hear it.
    I agree with you! LOL. I couldn't stand the square tips... I can't wait to hear what this will sound like now. I will post a video after I pickup my car tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X