Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks John and pksjc, my goal was to get more volume and as John says, that race car bark! Sport cats by far are the best bang for your buck in sound. Also, no CEL which is fantastic! I can't wait to get it on the street.
    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• We too look forward to your next, street proven video. Happy barking!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Sounds mean. I really like it.

Comment

• Thanks for the details on this install. Do you know if their parts are painted or powder coated?

Comment

• Wow!!!!! That sounds good. Very nice Sparro. Looking to place an order soon. Please keep us posted on how the drives are and and issues please.
            2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Comment

• Originally posted by A10Beav View Post
              Thanks for the details on this install. Do you know if their parts are painted or powder coated?
              Their parts are made of 304 SS and have a ceramic heat coating on them.
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Originally posted by TJA467 View Post
                Wow!!!!! That sounds good. Very nice Sparro. Looking to place an order soon. Please keep us posted on how the drives are and and issues please.
                I know a guy in Texas that has both the headers and cats on his coupe, no issues whatsoever.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Sounds Great!!
                  Please give your assessment on the difficulty / time involved installing the CATs only?
                  '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

• I have the headers and sports cats in my basement waiting for my car to get out of storage. Listening to your car makes me really excited about getting them on the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by baudio View Post
                      Sounds Great!!
                      Please give your assessment on the difficulty / time involved installing the CATs only?
                      If you have a coupe, it will be easier than the HTC just due to the fact there's a little more room in the engine bay. The cats only is really not that difficult. The worst part for me was pulling out the air box and those electrical connectors. Some of the bolts are hard to reach but a combination of a ratchet with various size extensions and a ratcheting wrench is whats needed. A wobble socket adaptor and/or a ratchet with the tilt head comes in handy. Now that I've done it once, I'd say it would take me a good 3 hours. The cats only is not that hard, you just have to be a bit of an acrobat and twist in there to reach some of the hard to reach bolts (especially on the vert). I wouldn't attempt the headers again on my own. The drivers side is the easiest but its so hard to reach under the headers to access the bolts and pull some wires... 1, 2, and 4 need to come off. The passenger side I probably would have slit my wrists...
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• While I was at it I decided to check my shock towers. My car was washed and in storage since November 15th. Now about three months later I was shocked to find water still in the passenger side shock tower, drivers side was dry but I could see a water line. I sucked out the water and will probably use the shower cap method before I put the trim panels back on. They popped off easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.28.33 PM.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	237657 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.30.24 PM.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	237658
                        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post

Their parts are made of 304 SS and have a ceramic heat coating on them.
                          Did you use any type of thermal wrap like SOUL or Fabspeed?
                          '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

• Originally posted by baudio View Post

Did you use any type of thermal wrap like SOUL or Fabspeed?
                            See post 115.
                            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                              Here's the Amazon link;
                              https://www.amazon.com/Heatshield-Pr...82&sr=8-1&th=1

Then you just get a few metal zip ties to hold the blankets on the cats.
                              you could also try https://sdparts.com/i-24504532-kooks...%7Cyear%3D2020

let us know what you actually use for heatshielding

Comment

• I used the heat shielding I posted in post #115. I wrapped most of the cats. I decided to leave a little exposed where the O2 sensors screw in because some people have suggested that ceramic heat coated cats shouldn't be completely wrapped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-02-09 at 10.13.59 AM.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	239353
                                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X