Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So headers and hi flow cats. What are you doing for mufflers. i too am looking for more noise from my HTC, so following. Good luck!
    2021 Silver Flare 2LT HTC w/GT2 seats, Z51 front splitter and Corsa exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by ratso View Post
      So headers and hi flow cats. What are you doing for mufflers. i too am looking for more noise from my HTC, so following. Good luck!
      If your main goal is increased volume, I'd change the catback. Changing cats and headers can you put you at risk of failing visual inspection or throwing a code. Aftermarket catbacks are louder and reduce weight. One of the forum sponsors has a catback that also features a selection of very nice tips.

Have you heard an NPP in track mode (if you have NPP on your car)? It may be loud enough.
      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Are you adding any heat blankets to them? I know fabspeed and soul come with them. But apparently its been said there is no issue without them as LTH and Paragon are also running without them and Paragon said they did track testing and they weren't needed. Curious what you are going to do.

Thanks,

Comment

Those 2M sport cats look like a ridiculously good deal at $550 if they are high quality pieces...

Their website says "Same core catalyst materials used by companies like Kooks, Fabspeed, and Soul..."

Not sure if that really means they are actually using the excellent HJS 200 catalysts, used by Soul, Fabspeed, etc., but if so, very awesome.

If not, and they really mean that their catalysts are made from the same materials as the industry standard, HJS, (as in 'we also use platinum, palladium, and rhodium in our catalysts'), then that might explain the HUGE price discrepancy. They still might be excellent, high flowing, no issues cats, but not quite the same.

When you get your cats, see if there are any stampings on them?
          Last edited by pfbz; 01-04-2021, 12:40 PM.
          Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
          Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Originally posted by Z0Sick6 View Post
            Are you adding any heat blankets to them? I know fabspeed and soul come with them. But apparently its been said there is no issue without them as LTH and Paragon are also running without them and Paragon said they did track testing and they weren't needed. Curious what you are going to do.

Thanks,
            I asked 2M about heat issue and this is what they have told me:
            "​​​​​​All our c8 parts are coated with a high temp ceramic paint coating to reduce heat loss."

Comment

Originally posted by the_sim View Post

I asked 2M about heat issue and this is what they have told me:
              "​​​​​​All our c8 parts are coated with a high temp ceramic paint coating to reduce heat loss."
              Ceramic coatings help, but not nearly enough IMO.
              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Z0Sick6 View Post

Thanks,
                Fabspeed and Soul do not come with them. They are available at an extra charge. 2M said I can wrap them with any of the available heat blankets or wrap if I want to. I'll install them and see how it goes. I've talked to guys that are running LTH on their coupes and they don't need it. I'll play in by ear. They can be easily added at any point if needed.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Ceramic coatings help, but not nearly enough IMO.
                  You are making an assumption with no data to back it up.
                  Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

You are making an assumption with no data to back it up.
                    Correct.
                    I can't show my burned hand.
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Correct.
                      You're as stock as they come... no burned hands required.
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Correct.
                        You're only 15 mins away from me. You're welcome to come to the install party with myself, Gilles, Jack and Cam!
                        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

You're as stock as they come... no burned hands required.
                          I had Kooks ceramic coated headers on my Camaro. I also had non coated at one point. There is a definite difference, but I wouldn't trust that alone.

Comment

You're only 15 mins away from me. You're welcome to come to the install party with myself, Gilles, Jack and Cam!
                            we'll talk. lol. I could supervise.

Comment

I might play it safe and wrap the cats with this from Amazon. It'll take 10 minutes to do before the install.

Comment

Originally posted by ratso View Post
                                Again......Are you reinstalling the stock muffler, straight pipes or a catback system and if catback, what brand? Thanks!
                                2021 Silver Flare 2LT HTC w/GT2 seats, Z51 front splitter and Corsa exhaust

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X