Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Do you know if the OEM heat shield will fit back on the headers and cats?

    Comment


    • #32
      ^^^ No it won't.
      Torch Red C8 Spider

      Comment


      • #33
        Get those bad boys installed yet?

        Comment


        • #34
          No. They shipped yesterday. Probably won't get them until after the new year.
          Torch Red C8 Spider

          Comment


          • #35
            I really want to know how they compare to arh..... and how the cats compare as they are the only 200 cell out there beside soul and fabspeed (which are 6in vs 4.75)

            Comment


            • #36
              Soul and Fabspeed are actually 5.67" they round up to 6". Their larger cats are designed to handle 1200 HP which I will never do.
              Torch Red C8 Spider

              Comment


              • #37
                No more heat shields !
                Adding some to the large cover might help keep the paint preserved. German cats flow very well for being stock. If I see substantial gains from sports cats - then I would consider them along with a non NPP muffler set-up.
                I too, will be getting the cabriolet version.
                C8er

                Comment


                • #38
                  The underside of the Spiders engine cover does have heat shielding integrated into it. You can always add heat blankets or heat wrapping.
                  Torch Red C8 Spider

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                    Soul and Fabspeed are actually 5.67" they round up to 6". Their larger cats are designed to handle 1200 HP which I will never do.
                    It’s not about handling 1200hp it’s about flow and the HP made from the less restrictions..... 4in to 5.75in diameter is huge.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Billy20 View Post

                      It’s not about handling 1200hp it’s about flow and the HP made from the less restrictions..... 4in to 5.75in diameter is huge.
                      Plenty of cars out there running the 4" cats with awesome results. But hey, if you wanna give fabspeed 3K for 5.67" cats, go for it!
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Sparro View Post

                        Plenty of cars out there running the 4" cats with awesome results. But hey, if you wanna give fabspeed 3K for 5.67" cats, go for it!
                        Really show me.....NO one with cats besides soul or fabspeed have made any HP worth a dam

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          First off, like I said before, I could care less if I get the extra 20 ponies or not... it will make no real world difference. Google is your friend, go do your own research and do what you want, you don't have to do what I'm doing. I'm just sharing my install process which is a pain in the butt on the convertible. I'm not trying to sell anybody anything.
                          I have stated that I'm interested in a louder more aggressive sound, that's my goal, not HP, the car is plenty fast for me. Again, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A LOUDER EXHAUST.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ers...annel=Zander13


                          Torch Red C8 Spider

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Great pictures, I am very interested to see how the whole thing goes and what the end result sounds like.
                            2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                              First off, like I said before, I could care less if I get the extra 20 ponies or not... it will make no real world difference. Google is your friend, go do your own research and do what you want, you don't have to do what I'm doing. I'm just sharing my install process which is a pain in the butt on the convertible. I'm not trying to sell anybody anything.
                              I have stated that I'm interested in a louder more aggressive sound, that's my goal, not HP, the car is plenty fast for me. Again, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A LOUDER EXHAUST.

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ers...annel=Zander13

                              I am with you on the "make it louder". I have watched that youtube video a few times. I am looking at the 2 M Fabrication Cats personally. Again can't wait to see your finished product and how it sounds!!
                              2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Pretty good comparison of stock to catback exhaust only and high flow cats only
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOygKDBPpbE

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X