Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice progress Sparro! You have got guts and skills. Best of luck as your major surgery continues — all the way to its end of hospitalization, with the patient leaving in better shape before its initial admittance.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You should be a youtuber. It'd pay for all your effort! Great photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
        Wow ... Braver than I am ... good Job thus far.
        Well I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, I probably should have brought it to a shop. I haven't gone this far into anything like this since grade 9 auto shop... lol. I have lots of tools and a pretty good working knowledge of how to do it, but I am also hoping another fellow C8 friend comes over to help out with the rest. I've got time, car is stored for the winter plus my business is seasonal and we're closed right now until March!
        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

Well I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, I probably should have brought it to a shop. I haven't gone this far into anything like this since grade 9 auto shop... lol. I have lots of tools and a pretty good working knowledge of how to do it, but I am also hoping another fellow C8 friend comes over to help out with the rest. I've got time, car is stored for the winter plus my business is seasonal and we're closed right now until March!
          That your time and get it right, and you'll be just fine ... 👍
          [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
          1st Deposit June 18th 2020 to 2nd Depost April 17th 2021 = 304 Days
          [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

Whose headers and cats are going in? Would love to know if ARH headers will fit a vert. Good luck with the rest of the work.
            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

While I got her apart, I picked up two litre of DCT fluid. 6mm allen key...

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-12-29 at 5.49.50 PM.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	222876
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                Whose headers and cats are going in? Would love to know if ARH headers will fit a vert. Good luck with the rest of the work.
                I went with 2M Fabrication. Best deal in town. A bunch of guys in some of the various facebook C8 groups got them and quality is top notch. They are basically identical to LTH. I got the combo headers and sport cats for $949.99. 1-7/8" headers with 200 CEL sport cats... she will scream like a GTLM car... lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-12-29 at 7.03.31 PM.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	222883
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Does 2M Fabrication guarantee no CEL when the 200 cell cats are installed?

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                    Yes they do.
                    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                      Fabspeed, Soul, LTH all use 200 CEL, Kooks is 300 CEL.
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

It would have been interesting to dyno before and after header/cat installation as well as sound test to measure the real changes.

Loud pipes saves lives!

Comment

This car has enough power for me, so I don't really care about dyno numbers, they are not really a good "real world" representation of power. Other manufactures are claiming up to 20 HP gains. I don't know if you can even feel that difference... I dunno. But what I'm after is sound, I want it louder. The NPP exhaust doesn't do enough for me. My ears will be able to tell the difference. Plus my friend has a stock C8 exhaust that I can compare to. My brother has a 2021 coming too. I've heard sport cats only in real life and it was a huge difference.
                          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

I agree with you on the HP. Always good to get some real numbers.

I am anxious to hear the beast! Louder exhaust makes it feel faster anyway,

Comment

Looking good Buddy 👍🏼,
                              2m fab says my Headers and Sport Cats are on the way.. good idea to add the DCT fluid, where did you get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Headturner View Post
                                Looking good Buddy 👍🏼,
                                2m fab says my Headers and Sport Cats are on the way.. good idea to add the DCT fluid, where did you get it from?
                                Thanks bro. I just called my local chevy dealer. They had 50 jugs in stock. It was a ripoff at $49 per bottle.
                                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X