Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Convertible Headers & Cats Install - Worlds First...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Cheepskape question; do the Headers and CATS need to be together or can you get simular resuls in Sound with just the CATS?
    My buddy came over with his car (headers and cats) and to be honest I like my sound better (cats only). I'd say the volume level is the same but the the headers change the tone. Slightly higher pitched and a little more raspy with the both whereas just the cats have a deeper throatier sound. But they are both just as loud. Below is a little comparison video we did yesterday.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDI...annel=WRPDRIVE
    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post

My buddy came over with his car (headers and cats) and to be honest I like my sound better (cats only). I'd say the volume level is the same but the the headers change the tone. Slightly higher pitched and a little more raspy with the both whereas just the cats have a deeper throatier sound. But they are both just as loud. Below is a little comparison video we did yesterday.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDI...annel=WRPDRIVE
      I Love it ... thanks 🤣
      [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
      1st Deposit June 18th 2020 to 2nd Depost April 17th 2021 = 304 Days
      [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

Yes, no CELs so far. Tomorrow I'm going on a nice long drive to see what it's like under load going down the hiway at some speed. My buddy came over today, just got the 2M headers and cats installed in his coupe. He's driven it about 280 kms today and no heat issues or CELs. I took a little video to do a sound comparison between the two cars. Loudness is about the same, his might be a touch louder but the headers change the tone. Mine is deeper and throatier whereas his is a higher pitch and more raspy. I'm gonna upload the video to my channel either tonight or tomorrow. The smoked plate covers I just bought off Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/BLVD-LPF-OBEY-...%2C196&sr=8-14
        Good to know on his no CEL too. I think the 21s are more sensitive.

Those are the exact ones you ordered? I see bubble and flat - yours are bubble and clearly work on the C8 (I am talking specifically the rear plate as I don't run a front) and the bubble work good?

Comment

• I've heard the 21s are more sensitive too.
          I originally had the bubble on the rear plate cover but also bought a flat one too. The bubble one I bought was in the link I sent above, but if you like the flat this is the link I bought the flat one from. Both are nice.https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• As to the smoked plate covers, I too love the look, but so did [not] a Wyoming State Trooper. Actually he gave me three choices, for which I thanked him profusely.

*Write a ticket;
            *Take them off before I drive away;
            *Leave them on but as this warning stop is going on my computer right away, my buddies down the road will be looking for one shiny black Corvette.

Needless to say I chose option # 2.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I've heard the 21s are more sensitive too.
              I originally had the bubble on the rear plate cover but also bought a flat one too. The bubble one I bought was in the link I sent above, but if you like the flat this is the link I bought the flat one from. Both are nice.https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              Good to know. Both fit the rear?

What one do you have on in your comparison video with your buddy?
              Last edited by Z0Sick6; 03-19-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• I've never been stopped for not running a front plate, but I suspect that smoked cover on the back would get me pulled over pretty quickly down here.
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                  As to the smoked plate covers, I too love the look, but so did [not] a Wyoming State Trooper. Actually he gave me three choices, for which I thanked him profusely.

*Write a ticket;
                  *Take them off before I drive away;
                  *Leave them on but as this warning stop is going on my computer right away, my buddies down the road will be looking for one shiny black Corvette.

Needless to say I chose option # 2.
                  I too am worried about attracting unnecessary attention from LEOs with the smoked plate covers, but they make it look so much better.
                  Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0Sick6 View Post

Good to know. Both fit the rear?

What one do you have on in your comparison video with your buddy?
                    I'm running the flat one currently, that's the one in the comparison video.
                    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• I got out on the streets today for the first time since putting the car away for the winter. I was driving pretty angry, the pops, cracks and burbles that come from the sport cats was great. Gonna go out again Saturday for a longer and even angrier drive!
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• How do these modifications affect the warranty?

Comment

• Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
                          How do these modifications affect the warranty?
                          Don't know, they shouldn't effect it but I don't really know.
                          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

• I got my Attack Blue air filter, Mamo ported throttle body, 2M headers and cats installed on the weekend. I drove it home yesterday and it was insane. The sound is unbelievable. Cold start in my garage are insane. I took it out this morning and got a CEL. It's at my wrap shop for the next few days but once I get it back I'll unplug the battery for a few minutes to reset the codes and see if it comes back.

Comment

• Yes! The sound is insane! I really like it. I'm still waiting for my Attack Blue filter to come in. I've reset my CEL 4 times now it keeps coming back on. You will need the o2 spacers. My buddy put them on his (2M cats and headers) and its stayed off so far. My spacers should arrive tomorrow. TJA467 has the spacers installed on his car too and the light has stayed off!
                              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Yes! The sound is insane! I really like it. I'm still waiting for my Attack Blue filter to come in. I've reset my CEL 4 times now it keeps coming back on. You will need the o2 spacers. My buddy put them on his (2M cats and headers) and its stayed off so far. My spacers should arrive tomorrow. TJA467 has the spacers installed on his car too and the light has stayed off!
                                Hey Sparro, did you ever get the o2 spacers on yet? CEL gone?

And how do you purchase the 02 spacers from 2M, are they charging for them since they throw CELs apparently without them, and how much extra extra if so?
                                Last edited by Z0Sick6; 04-03-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X